• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you do?

• Save the kid (you'd die)

Votes: 1,344 55.8%
  • Save yourself (the kid dies)

Votes: 1,065 44.2%

• Total voters

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Chaos. Panic. You can feel the ship crumbling. However, there's a chance to survive: you have to get into a lifeboat. The problem is, there's not enough time to get everyone in time, some will die.

Now, for simplicity's sake let's assume that the only way you get into one is by taking the place of a little kid, and whoever is still on the ship will die. Assume that if you take the place of the kid only you will know what happened, you'll never have to face any kind of repercussion other than your own guilt.

What would you do?

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I read this in George Castanzas voice.

And no I wouldn't get on the boat. Women and kids first.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
tenor.gif

This but in a boat

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
man fuck them passengers, i got 500 billion potential babies in my sack alone. i'm saving myself first

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't know what that kid will turn into when he grows up. I'm saving myself and possibly sparing the world from the next Donald Trump/Mass Shooter/Alt Right Scumbag

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These polls are never fun if we can't see who voted for the kid being killed.
-edit-

seems like people didn't give a shit in the thread lmaoooo

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Isn't there some myth (may or may not be true) that the reason for "women and children first" is that otherwise the men just shoved women and children out of the way and got on the lifeboats before them?

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I would let the kid on. My conscience would eat at me for trying to save myself. Now ask me would I give up my seat for an old person. Fuck that noise, I'm getting on the boat. You lived your life grandma/grandpa.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i dont have kids, but yea i would let other people go before me

EDIT: read it as my kids, still the same answer

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
People are dumb assholes not worth saving. Kids are just dumber, bigger assholes.

Last one to the escape pod is a rotten egg.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would never give up my own life for anyone other than my own kids

The world could afford to lose a pewdiepie subscriber so I wouldn't feel too bad

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
What if the kids all die anyway because there's no adults on the lifeboats to steer or call for rescue?

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Myself obviously, because I know I'm awesome but the kid could turn out to be a piece of shit.

Besides, you can always make new kids pretty easily.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a simple binary choice between a random kid dying or me dying with no other possible outcome, I'm probably going to be an asshole.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Isn't there some myth (may or may not be true) that the reason for "women and children first" is that otherwise the men just shoved women and children out of the way and got on the lifeboats before them?
I think it was back in the day, chivalry. Children still
Had their lives ahead of them and women could continue to have children.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are men worth less?

Women control the population. Ten men one women you get one kid in a year. Ten women one man you get ten kids. Women have and always will be more important to population until we get artificial wombs so they get saved first. Plus I'd much rather my gf live then me in a life or death situation and I think most guys would agree.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the replies just confirms to me most people are all about themselves and give no fucks about anything or anyone else. Every time I wonder why the world is so fucked up and no one cares is when I remember threads like these.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Real answer.

I'll look around. See if other adults are getting on lifeboats. If they are then so will I.