• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
My phone got wet when I was on vacation with the family last year in Mexico so I was without a phone or really any internet for at least 5 days.

No exaggeration I was much happier and relaxed. Not just because I could not get any texts, emails or phone calls from work (that was probably the majority of it though). But I think there is also a huge plus to disconnecting from all of this shit. I don't think it makes you happy. At least not in my experience. Just unplugging and living felt much better.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just not use my phone.

The way the OP is worded, you would think you were missing Asthma medicine or insulin shots. LMAO.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a damn phone. I barely use it when I'm in public anyways, and I feel bad for anyone who is so addicted to their cell phones that they don't know what to do when they do not have it.

I know people who straight up cry when they lose their cell phones. In college, there was a woman who had a meltdown about it in the middle of the class and was uncontrollably sobbing the whole class.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
kekNLX0.png

Oct 27, 2017
I love being free of the damn thing sometimes.. Its handy, no doubt, but its a fucking curse sometimes as well.

I remember when I was courting my wife we'd arrange by land line the night before to meet at a spot at a time. One time she forgot and went off somewhere else and I was waiting an hour for her bus like a goon. Still no phones was fun. When you were out you were out. No one knew where you were. If you lost your friends on a night out well that was judt tough. Good times

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
walk around in circles until animal control picks me up i guess

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not a huge deal. Only place it would be sort of problem would be traveling somewhere where I speak zero of the language and no one really speaks English. Back in the day you'd have maps and stuff and translation books, but that's kind of your phone now.

Also, this is what a nice power bank is for.

I actually kind of like being in places where I don't have phone service. Makes it easier to just forget about it and rely on your vision to take you to cool spots.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This has never been an issue for me in daily life. I try to pay attention to my phone's relative battery and charge it when necessary.

Only time I've had this issue is when traveling, when I might actually need the thing rather than just eat up idle time with it. In these situations I usually have a power bank on me or at least have a plan of how I'll get back to my hotel etc.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're outside away from home and your phone died. There's no charger anywhere. And from the corner of your eye you see him. Waiting for you.

SHIA LABOEUF.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I'm contractually obligated to be reachable at all times for work unless I've made prior arrangements, so I'd do what I can to find a power source up to and including bailing on plans to go home.

That being said Ive never had my phone die ever like that because I've been on call for a decade and just make sure it's charged.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Go to a fetal position and have a mental crisis while crying now that I can't distract myself

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Shrug my shoulders and reminisce about when I didn't have a smartphone which was only a year ago before I finally gave in and get rid of my cheap old dumb phone which I didn't even take with my half the time. I kind of regret upgrading.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Go on about my business like nothing has happened. I feel weird when my phone isn't in my pocket, but it doesn't really matter if it is on or not, just used to the physical presence there lol.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
0cdXOiXm.jpg

I whip out this bad boy and dramatically plug my phone in while Interstellar's No Time For Caution plays in the background

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've always felt really oddly disconnected from most millennials as my mother was an old school stodgy Catholic and didn't let me have a phone until I was 17. I didn't even get a smart phone for the first time until I was 24, and it was a handmedown lol...if it was up to me I likely never would have purchased one as I was fine with a little flip phone making calls when I had to *shrug*

My brother is the same way. His phone broke down earlier this year and he went 2 months without getting it fixed because he just didn't care about it all that much. When I tell most of my friends that story they recoil in terror at the thought of being without a phone for that long xD