Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordKano

LordKano
    Member OP

This randomly appears in the suggested apps of NoA website.
    Switch media apps so far were limited to Niconico and Hulu.

[​IMG]

2. GRW810

GRW810

As much as Nintendo have pushed Switch as a primarily gaming device, I'd get so much use out of YouTube. PCs/TVs are great but stationary. Mobiles are portable but screens are tiny. Switch would be an ideal middle ground.

3. Ehh? Cool I suppose. I'm sure it'll be handy at some point, but it's hardly a big deal when Youtube runs on literally every single modern media device known to man.

4. Raijinto

Raijinto

Cool. I'll probably never use it, but yeah I'm sure lots of people will so cool.

5. mindsale

mindsale

Show me the receipts dot gif.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

6. Zedark

Zedark

FINALLY (if true)! Was wondering why a man couldn't just watch YouTube on his Switch.

7. shira

shira
    Community Resetter Member

This, Discord and Netflix and Disneyflix
    Need those killer apps

8. Sebastopa

Sebastopa

wellthereitis.gif

I meant it's not like I needed it in my veins. But it's always nice to have some useful apps in the Switch.

9. MomoVideo

MomoVideo

Discord on console? Never going to happen.

10. tyfon

tyfon

Well then.
    My complaints about the switch are rapidly going away if this happens.

Now I only need netflix and I can get rid of the tablet computer we have in the car for the kids movies.
    I already have one switch for the older one and when the youngest turns four in half year she'll get her own switch too :)

The only things left for me (if that happens) is the lack of a browser.
    Edit: And local save backups

11. dang0

dang0

Finally. I really hope it has the option to download videos like the YouTube Red mobile app.

12. cw_sasuke

cw_sasuke

Pretty big for alot of families.

13. suaveric

suaveric

If Zelda is really about to be announced as a Netflix show I can’t imagine they wouldn’t have that app ready to go as well.

14. Joseki

Joseki

I'll probably use it to watch the Directs on the console, it feels strange to watch them on a X1 lol.

15. Transistor

Transistor

Most mobiles these days aren't much smaller than the Switch screen thanks to its giant bezels, though

16. Zedark

Zedark

Oh, and give me Netflix as well, you cowards!

17. Emily

Emily
    Administrator

Yeah this is accurate. I'm pretty excited for it myself. Hopefully Netflix comes next.

18. It's been 84 years.jpg

19. Aprikurt

Aprikurt

If this gets a decent amount of attention everything else will probably follow. YouTube's like the entry point.

20. LordKano

LordKano
    Member OP

Are we getting more than just Youtube ? It's a cool get but what people really want is Netflix I think.
    EDIT : oh you edited right as I posted lol

21. KALOSMANI

KALOSMANI

My nephew watchs more YouTube than regular TV. So for people who don't own a smart TV this is great for their kids. Also now kids can watch YouTube together on tabletop mode without the TV being used.

Edit
    Just realised the TV in the 2nd lounge in my house is a plasma. Will be nice to have YouTube access for that TV.

22. Fry Rumple

Fry Rumple

Finally. I hope Netflix is next. I don't have any tablet so it will be cool for me to watch some videos and shows on my Switch in portable mode

23. Brandon

Brandon

Nice! I hope it's as good as the PS4 app if not better.

24. cw_sasuke

cw_sasuke

Great, thanks for the confirmation.

25. DrakenAstro

DrakenAstro

About time. Now add Netflix and Twitch and everything will be good

26. Squid Bunny

Squid Bunny

Pretty great, if the search keyboard is half-decent it will already blow the Apple TV app out of the water.

27. Shpeshal Ed

Shpeshal Ed

Nice.

28. Tora

Tora

Is there a link to this on the NoA site?

Still not been able to replicate this anywhere on the site, not sure how much i trust this rumour but I guess if Emily Rodgers is speaking up about it it's true.

29. MOTHGOD

MOTHGOD

Really want Netflix and Hulu too. Hopefully by the end of the year?
    Or at least early next year.

30. IronicSonic

IronicSonic

I hope apps get a specific menú at the bottom of the screen. It could be ugly if they throw a giant youtube icon between game icons!

31. Sander VF

Sander VF

FUCKING FINALLY
    Wait I thought Switch already had Hulu?

32. Aprikurt

Aprikurt

I feel like even as you typed that you realised that's exactly what they're going to do :p

33. ohitsluca

ohitsluca

Finally!! Now I can watch YouTube videos on a device with a lower resolution screen and worse battery life than the device that I'm carrying with me all of the time anyways.

Sarcasm obviously, it's not hurting anything having the app there but I really don't understand why anyone would ever use this over their phone/an actual tablet/laptop/PC/TV etc

34. mazi

mazi

coolio. i don't think i'll use it but it's a clear a lot of people wanted this. hopefully netflix is next.

35. Aprikurt

Aprikurt

Because a child (i.e. We're not the main audience for the various brightly coloured joycons believe it or not) might not have access to those things, certainly not all the time.

36. Rondras

Rondras
    Banned Member

Perfect to watch NVC on friday night. I like my phone, but its too small and weird to hold at night

37. Rodjer

Rodjer

I need Twitch App as well.

38. Noppie

Noppie

Yeah. We don't need any options!

39. Tregard

Tregard

Finally, Switch is catching up to the 3DS and WiiU's media capabilities!

40. They will not do this. That bottom row is exclusively reserved for system applets that can run while a game is suspended in the background

41. Tregard

Tregard

You can't see any benefits to YouTube on a device which can seamlessly go between handheld and onto a TV?

42. ZeldaGalaxy94

ZeldaGalaxy94

The problem with Niconico and Hule have been that we in europe can’t really use the apps here, so YouTube is really needed for that!

But everybody can already use YouTube their phones or tablets, so no need for we and I only play at home too

43. Aleh

Aleh

My phone is way smaller and lower resolution. My laptop is bigger and slightly higher resolution BUT its screen is pretty bad in terms of colors and contrast. My TV is dumb and doesn’t otherwise have YouTube.
    You’re welcome for the insight.

44. Boiled Goose

Boiled Goose

Once netflix and YouTube are on it Im disconnecting my wiiu

45. Aprikurt

Aprikurt

I think you misunderstood, I meant they'll definitely just whack it on the home screen as a big icon.

46. TheExecutive

TheExecutive

It’s ridiculous that Netflix and YouTube still aren’t on the Switch.

47. BrettHeazy

BrettHeazy

Can I use youtube premium on it though?

48. New Fang

New Fang

Phones have gotten a lot bigger over the years. Only a little smaller than the Switch in many cases, and far higher resolution.

Really hard to imagine people whipping out their Switch in public to watch a YouTube video.

49. SweetVermouth

SweetVermouth

Neat, I hope it doesn't suck like the youtube app on Wii U did. You were better off just using the internet browser for that.

50. Grigorig

Grigorig

I'm GLAD Switch doesn't have media apps because something something focus on gaming something... oh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.