• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I recently watched Fat Salt Acid Heat on Netflix after going without watching cooking channels or shows for years. I read the book beforehand, but I loved the show as well, and it's refreshing to see a show approach cooking from a perspective that isn't "here, follow this exact recipe." It reminded me that I used to like to watch cooking shows and channels to get ideas, rather than replicate recipes.

But aside from Cooking with Dog, I can't really remember anything of note. I ran into Bon Appetit's cooking channel while searching for Persian cuisine, and it's okay, but I was wondering if anyone on ResetEra has any go to cooking channels? I'll also take anything in Japanese or on Nico Nico Douga, if there's something you have to recommend.

For the sake of having something to offer myself, here's cooking with dog:

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Quoting myself from a previous thread:

Food Wishes (classic, right? Did his Swedish Meatballs just this weekend)
Laura Vitalie (Easy, classic family food)
Maangchi (Korean, easy, fun videos)
Cooking With Dog (RIP)
Ochikeron (Very simple recipes, never ever had one fail or stray from her instructions)
Asian At Home (Korean, easy, fun videos)
Japanese Cooking 101 (Short, classic stuff)
Just One Cookbook (Japanese recipes, easy)
Japanese Everyday Food (Japanese recipes, easy)
Pai's Kitchen (Thai, etc)
Nyonya Cooking (Malaysian, etc)
Everyday Food (I always look out for Thomas Joseph's recipes because he explains stuff so well)

Those are the ones I have bookmarked, I'll just type in a recipe and search YT too.

Brood

Nov 8, 2018
Check out Adam Ragusea on Youtube. He's a journalist who went viral with his cooking videos.
Also, for Chinese takeouts fans out there Souped up Recipes is amazing.

SWoS

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Binging with Babish is a fun channel for not so serious film/TV inspired recipes. The Basics with Babish series is also great for learning fundamentals. He also seems like a genuinely good guy and has a new charity/fan section on his channel where he gives back to the community.

Kaseoki

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Binging with Babish has some really good 'back to basics' stuff

Brothers Green, which has recently been rebranded as the hosts have parted ways, is also very good with cheap veggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.