• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Being in an interracial relationship is funny because to outsiders it seems like a big thing but honestly I forget I am even in one most of the time until it is brought up. We are just people living life supporting each other.

Megalosaro

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Southern California
Same, but when is the last time you as a white person were treated badly due to race? Literally never for me. I think the hostility here is usually directed at the women.

Depends on where you live. I get disparaging remarks about how "white" I am fairly often. And in high school this guy fucked with me and called me a "fucking cracker" every day until I kicked the shit out of him for stealing my cd player.

It could be worse, but it does happen.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Being in an interracial relationship is funny because to outsiders it seems like a big thing but honestly I forget I am even in one most of the time until it is brought up. We are just people living life supporting each other.

I agree with this sentiment, as all my relationships have been interracial and the race of my partner really doesn't come to mind; my mom comes from a family of 8, and she's the only person whose ethnicity matches up to her partner, so growing up mixed race couples seemed like the norm to me. But there is something really unsettling and frightening that terms like "race traitor" (like that German woman with her Korean boyfriend) is brazenly thrown around and, in general, condemning romance based on race is seemingly becoming less outrageous in society's standards.

Viera

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
A lot of folks think life is like Lord of the Rings with elves and orcs and stat bonuses. We're not actually inherently different but life is just a series of conflicts about any BS reason, even between groups that look alike

Last edited:

Maven

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Earth
When I first read the thread title I misread it as White Female Asian Male which, I believe, would make for a interesting documentary due to the de-sexualization of Asian men in Western media. I will watch the documentary later and I hope to see some interesting topics explored regarding the issue.

Yes I thought the same too

I'd like to watch a documentary on white females and Asian males

Oct 28, 2017
I figured it's much harsher criticism the other way around since it's much rarer to see an asian guy with a white girlfriend in the US