• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CRYPTFLOWERS

Nov 2, 2017
There is a glass ceiling for how far up Asian men can climb the corporate ladder. It's not just isolated to tech, but an example that all my friends in the field tell me about is how younger white junior engineers are often mentored and given more opportunities to advance compared to their Asian counterparts/seniors along with general overall preferential treatment. The jump from the trenches to management is a very difficult one because of this. Or how Asians aren't good at management and of course the good old pay disparity. There's also the fact that Asian sounding names get fewer callbacks for job interviews and I've read about how people have to actually state that they are fluent in english. Just a few examples.

Thanks for this info. Wasn't aware of these issues. Just pulled up some articles about the Asian glass ceiling and fewer callbacks for job applicants with Asian names to familiarize myself further.

House_Of_Lightning

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
To be honest, outside of jokes and family gatherings, there's nothing "Chinese" about her - except for our daughter - there's something about half and half babies that iOS fascinating to people, and that used to come up a lot when she was a baby and toddler (always positive). I'm Scottish originally and that comes up far more often than my wife's ethnicity, ironically.

Goes both ways as well. I get weird "mixed baby!!11!" comments from both caucasian men and women as well as my wife's Chinese friends. I've seen a Chinese friend, who is married to a Chinese woman, get shit on by his Mother in Law because "mixed babies are so much more cute". MiL dropped that shit on him after mentioning to his wife that she could have married a white boy to get the cute mixed baby.

That was one of the most awkward moments of my life.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it is very interesting how Asian men have been perceived as asexual and black men have been perceived as hyper sexual.
My girlfriend did a panel at our school the other day on Black/Asian race relations in America and mentioned this as just one of the ways in which the two have been essentially pitted against each other as polar opposites by stereotype.

It's interesting. I feel like when discussing race we fall too often onto each respective minority's relationship with White people and don't talk enough about our relationship with each other.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
My wife is half Japanese and we've never had a single person take issue with it. Likewise, my sister in law was married to a black man and she never had issues. I ran this past my father in law who was married to a Japanese woman for 40+ years before she passed away from cancer and he said they never had a single issue with their interracial marriage.

We're all from the mid west. Maybe its a bigger problem elsewhere? Maybe its the online aspect that allowed all these terrible comments?

Anyway, we personally cannot relate to a single point of her video. I was more interested in the asian male side of things TBH (which seemed to be half the video at least).

However! My sister (adopted), is Chinese. She is 16, gifted in both education and athletics, and stunningly beautiful. I know for a fact that being asian in a tiny midwest town has been super hard on her. She feels like a total outcast. I know it bothers her. She believes its the reason she is the only girl in her peer group without a boyfriend. I just tell her to buckle her seatbelt because when she goes to college, dudes will be lined up around the block. Since she has been surrounded by white dudes her entire life, I just imagine she'll end up with one. She has always been close with my wife and the family always joked that it was because they were both asian. I belive there is definitely a hint of truth in that assumption. My sister has zero connection to any part of her asian heritage and the older she gets, the more she seems to desire that connection to her ethnicity.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I watched that entire video. Anyway as a black man living in NY the race combo I've seen more than any other is White Guy/Asian Woman. I just sort of accepted Asian women just love white dudes growing up.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Over the vast majority of the past seven years I've been dating an Asian woman (dated one for three and a half years, broke up, met the other a few months later and have been dating her ever since).

The only people i've ever heard weird comments from are certain people who have come off as oddly jealous about it. To be blunt, socially awkward or weeaboo-ish white dudes. My videogame hobby means I cross paths with those guys from time to time.

Most insane one was when I talked about going on a date with the first one, some dude from one of my classes at the time who fit that bill to a T started asking questions about "what kind of asian is she?", "is she in to anime?", and, I shit you not, "does she wear pigtails like a school girl?".

But yeah, I've never heard negativity about it. Just awkward as fuck comments from certain guys who seem to be trying to live vicariously through me.

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like it's just the intersection of politics and the personal, and a pretty good example of why they shouldn't really meet (or at least, you should keep a healthy distance). There's certainly lingering racial and gender issues in dating of all stripes, and it's unfortunate that certain categories start off at a disadvantage basically through no fault of their own (black women and asian men.) Ignoring the issue wholesale isn't a great strategy; I think you can strive to be colorblind but that requires cognizance that things aren't currently equal. But taking that out on actual individuals and making their relationship somehow a "betrayal" of progressivism or chalking it up to ingrained patriarchal or racist attitudes rather than a conscious choice to date someone because… you like that person? It's unhelpful, and often is just a mask/projection for someone else's jealously or misplaced anger.

The guy around 19'00 who turns the topic into a sob story for himself… perfect example. "Asian women willfully dating white men […] and in some cases not very good ones" is just a mask over the usual "why are women only dating jerks?" stuff, combined with a "think of the children!" deflection.

It's definitely more complex than just that element at play, but that one sticks out the most to me from the video. It was interesting to hear many more perspectives from the women, because I think it's a topic that tends to get dominated by "but what about asian men?" as the jumping-off point.

Deleted member 907

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My sister has zero connection to any part of her asian heritage and the older she gets, the more she seems to desire that connection to her ethnicity.
Sounds like she should get more support to make that happen, don't you think? I also don't think that "ending up with a white guy" is necessarily a healthy attitude to take either considering her wanting to connect more with her ethnic heritage. Being white shouldn't be her standard of beauty or masculinity when she isn't.

Last edited:

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like it's just the intersection of politics and the personal, and a pretty good example of why they shouldn't really meet (or at least, you should keep a healthy distance). There's certainly lingering racial and gender issues in dating of all stripes, and it's unfortunate that certain categories start off at a disadvantage basically through no fault of their own (black women and asian men.) Ignoring the issue wholesale isn't a great strategy; I think you can strive to be colorblind but that requires cognizance that things aren't currently equal. But taking that out on actual individuals and making their relationship somehow a "betrayal" of progressivism or chalking it up to ingrained patriarchal or racist attitudes rather than a conscious choice to date someone because… you like that person? It's unhelpful, and often is just a mask/projection for someone else's jealously or misplaced anger.

The guy around 19'00 who turns the topic into a sob story for himself… perfect example. "Asian women willfully dating white men […] and in some cases not very good ones" is just a mask over the usual "why are women only dating jerks?" stuff, combined with a "think of the children!" deflection.

It's definitely more complex than just that element at play, but that one sticks out the most to me from the video. It was interesting to hear many more perspectives from the women, because I think it's a topic that tends to get dominated by "but what about asian men?" as the jumping-off point.
For a person of color, EVERYTHING is political. Every action or inaction is an exercise of institutional power. We aren't allowed to simply exist. Your post is also very dismissive of the unique issues of HAPA's, especially since the vast majority are white men with Asian women. The topic might trend towards "what about Asian men," but we aren't the ones re/defining what social norms are, while WMAF couples reinforce the status quo.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like she should get more support to make that happen, don't you think? I also don't think that "ending up with a white guy" is necessarily a healthy attitude to take either considering her wanting to connect more with her ethnic heritage. Being white shouldn't be her standard of beauty or masculinity when she isn't.

No need to be concerned. We got it covered. As she grows older, the family has adjusted admirably well in addressing her needs. Thankfully, asian culture is rather easily accessible. We're having a more difficult time with my other sister, who is russian. Finding anything about russian culture is immensely more difficult than asian.

navii

Oct 28, 2017
When I started watching the video I skipped the beginning. I thought she should turns off her youtube comments so it does not taint her perception on real life. Then I watched the start and BAM in the first 30 seconds she goes on about it.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's a whole reddit of asian men whining about asian women dating anyone but asians. :)
I'm sure. But think about the historical KKK-level dialogue around white women dating various black and brown people and you'll understand what I mean by white male/Asian female being the "least controversial". And there are similar levels of serious rage about different ethnic pairings worldwide. Anger around interracial dating gets a whole lot worse than niche subreddits with a couple of nerds writing weird rants.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
JT Tran made a long post that would be a good read for everyone that expands on what he said in the video:

http://www.abcsofattraction.com/blo...f-couples-can-allies-asian-men-asianmaleally/

There's so much to unpack that I'd like to address, but can't since I'm on my phone, so I'm sorry if my post is a bit incoherent. I do want to share my thoughts on BMAF though since it's kinda been overlooked. From my own anecdotes, it's really complex because of the really odd intersections between black male and Asian female racist stereotypes about sexuality. I mean what Asian male hasn't heard a non-Asian guy tell them how much they love Asian women as if their sole reason for existence was to titillate men. I'm sure I also don't need to get into stereotypes surrounding black men especially with the Queen of Spades thing. So initially and outwardly, those types of relationships are judged on those terms, but still, to a certain extent, implies that Asian men are shit when it comes to being a partner. When a black male colleague of my wife asked me what I would think or feel about a black guy dating my daughter, knowing that I'm "woke," I knew that I didn't need to talk about the difficulties of being a black man in the world compounding with the difficulties of being an Asian woman. So I told him that it's important for me that at the end of the day, my daughter is supported and loved at least as much as she is from me and that there's a shared experience with people of color.

That said, I think it's important to acknowledge the racial bigotry between blacks and Asians as well because Asians aren't really seen as allies when it comes to fighting racism along with having a complex relationship in neglected black communities. Not to mention that many Asians have bought into perpetuating white supremacy by repeating racist stereotypes of black people. Being a person of color, things are never simple.

There is a glass ceiling for how far up Asian men can climb the corporate ladder. It's not just isolated to tech, but an example that all my friends in the field tell me about is how younger white junior engineers are often mentored and given more opportunities to advance compared to their Asian counterparts/seniors along with general overall preferential treatment. The jump from the trenches to management is a very difficult one because of this. Or how Asians aren't good at management and of course the good old pay disparity. There's also the fact that Asian sounding names get fewer callbacks for job interviews and I've read about how people have to actually state that they are fluent in english. Just a few examples.

You're going to need to be more specific than just calling it toxic.

Thanks for bringing up the middle part. No experience with the first part. Re: the last part, it's just a toxic, mildly misogynist (okay not so mild) where (justifiably) frustrated people say mean things.

Wait wait, there's a stereotype that Asians are bad at management? Wtf? We're all about dem management!

We're too passive or something.

Thanks for this info. Wasn't aware of these issues. Just pulled up some articles about the Asian glass ceiling and fewer callbacks for job applicants with Asian names to familiarize myself further.

There's an Asian ERA OT thread (that I made, disclaimer :p) where I have a couple articles about racism against Asians, including those issues :o

My wife is half Japanese and we've never had a single person take issue with it. Likewise, my sister in law was married to a black man and she never had issues. I ran this past my father in law who was married to a Japanese woman for 40+ years before she passed away from cancer and he said they never had a single issue with their interracial marriage.

We're all from the mid west. Maybe its a bigger problem elsewhere? Maybe its the online aspect that allowed all these terrible comments?

Anyway, we personally cannot relate to a single point of her video. I was more interested in the asian male side of things TBH (which seemed to be half the video at least).

However! My sister (adopted), is Chinese. She is 16, gifted in both education and athletics, and stunningly beautiful. I know for a fact that being asian in a tiny midwest town has been super hard on her. She feels like a total outcast. I know it bothers her. She believes its the reason she is the only girl in her peer group without a boyfriend. I just tell her to buckle her seatbelt because when she goes to college, dudes will be lined up around the block. Since she has been surrounded by white dudes her entire life, I just imagine she'll end up with one. She has always been close with my wife and the family always joked that it was because they were both asian. I belive there is definitely a hint of truth in that assumption. My sister has zero connection to any part of her asian heritage and the older she gets, the more she seems to desire that connection to her ethnicity.

This is what worries me about moving to a place without many Asians. I'm Taiwanese, my husband is Taiwanese, our kids will be 100% Taiwanese (well, Chinese, whatever). Neither one of us had any identity issues growing up (I had all Asian friends until college, despite living in CA), and I credit that to being surrounded with other people who looked like us (so we never looked in the mirrors and was like, I don't look like anyone else). I really do worry that our kids may have identity issues or even self-hatred if they feel like they are alone. ionno.

I don't care what color my kid marries, but I do care if my kid is trying to marry because they want to be "less" Asian.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017

Fucking lol.

I speak up for my Asian brethren in the West precisely because any time they try to shine light on their issues they will get comments like yours which is basically dismissing them to be insecure and opinions not worthy unlike their female counterparts.

And the only deflection here on a systemic racism against Black Women and Asian Men via " certain categories start off " as if some mythical forces was responsible instead of actual and intended racism is in place is your post.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for bringing up the middle part. No experience with the first part. Re: the last part, it's just a toxic, mildly misogynist (okay not so mild) where (justifiably) frustrated people say mean things.

We're too passive or something.

There's an Asian ERA OT thread (that I made, disclaimer :p) where I have a couple articles about racism against Asians, including those issues :o

This is what worries me about moving to a place without many Asians. I'm Taiwanese, my husband is Taiwanese, our kids will be 100% Taiwanese (well, Chinese, whatever). Neither one of us had any identity issues growing up (I had all Asian friends until college, despite living in CA), and I credit that to being surrounded with other people who looked like us (so we never looked in the mirrors and was like, I don't look like anyone else). I really do worry that our kids may have identity issues or even self-hatred if they feel like they are alone. ionno.

I don't care what color my kid marries, but I do care if my kid is trying to marry because they want to be "less" Asian.

My wife and her sister never had issues, likely due to their mother being Japanese. I think my sister is in a unique situation TBH. Your children have you and your husband to come home to every day. They can also bounce their questions off of the two of you and get first hand opinions and insight if they should ever require it. Your experiences will be a wonderful guide for your kids.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
It was interesting to hear many more perspectives from the women, because I think it's a topic that tends to get dominated by "but what about asian men?" as the jumping-off point.

Wait what how can you think this.

I'd say that it's pretty rare to hear about "what about asian men" from anyone other than Asian men, whereas the racism and stereotypes faced by Asian women on interracial dating is very well known (yellow fever, etc).

Dr.AfroJaguar

Banned for having multiple alt accounts
Nov 21, 2017
Tell me about it. I had my last relationship torn apart by my girlfriend's family (who claimed I had a bad aura) and her friends (who believed we shouldn't be together and thought I was dating her because I couldn't date a black girl).

White men and Asian women are the most common interracial pair in America, especially in DC they're probably some of the only you see.
I really want to empathize with the struggle, but I feel they received a fraction of the flak I've gotten.

Black with White right wing women ( not joking) is basically the only Black/X interracial couple that you can actually be in seom cities/states and have no one bother you but any other possible combination is basically bad.

At in the fact both their lives are easier individually then a black person white with asian isn't even close to a struggle.

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If they're justifiably frustrated, then I feel like I can't marginalize them or flat out be dismissive. I truly feel that the whole possessiveness aspect that comes out in the form of misogyny and sexism is really the expression of being dehumanized and not having the language to communicate it. Hell, I didn't even know it existed before this thread. I'm not saying that Asian women can't be offended of course. I'm more angry at the society that creates that anger than the victims of it in this case and just a quick look in the sub doesn't look that bad. Maybe that will change as I read more.

Fucking lol.

I speak up for my Asian brethren in the West precisely because any time they try to shine light on their issues they will get comments like yours which is basically dismissing them to be insecure and opinions not worthy unlike their female counterparts.

And the only deflection here on a systemic racism against Black Women and Asian Men via " certain categories start off " as if some mythical forces was responsible instead of actual and intended racism is in place is your post.

I always find it interesting that marginalized people are made to feel responsible for their marginalization.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goes both ways as well. I get weird "mixed baby!!11!" comments from both caucasian men and women as well as my wife's Chinese friends. I've seen a Chinese friend, who is married to a Chinese woman, get shit on by his Mother in Law because "mixed babies are so much more cute". MiL dropped that shit on him after mentioning to his wife that she could have married a white boy to get the cute mixed baby.

That was one of the most awkward moments of my life.

To be fair, they are unbearably cute though. This is mine:

sNsJ3Up.jpg

80xjgD3.jpg

Deleted member 907

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MOST kids are cute regardless of their racial make up. Being half white doesn't make it more exceptional. Let's not elevate one over the other.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed that a lot of White Nationalists/
MRAs/Incels/whateverthefucks have an interest in east Asia and its women since they perceive countries as having an ethnical pureness they wish their own homelands would have.
The purity thing is probably part of it, but I feel like they also think east Asian women may be more submissive, so they think women there may accept (read: enable) their behavior. The way most girls are portrayed in anime plays right into this.

I think a lot of those types turn to these extreme views because of sexual frustration. There's a lot of "no girls around me like me, but it's not my fault! Obviously it's their fault! I'm sure these girls over here will love me" in there.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
The purity thing is probably part of it, but I feel like they also think east Asian women may be more submissive, so they think women there may accept (read: enable) their behavior. The way most girls are portrayed in anime plays right into this.

I think a lot of those types turn to these extreme views because of sexual frustration. There's a lot of "no girls around me like me, but it's not my fault! Obviously it's their fault! I'm sure these girls over here will love me" in there.

To be fair it might be true. While a lot of dudes might have "yellow fever", in my experience a lot of asian girls also have "white fever" and having successful Tinder dates all of a sudden might enable their behaviour.

potato

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anecdotal, please dont impale me:

Grew up in Socal, for reference. I noticed that Asian girls idolized white men.

I tell my daughter, marry who you want. But dont love someone BECAUSE they're not Asian.

Formless61

Oct 27, 2017
There's a whole reddit of asian men whining about asian women dating anyone but asians. :)

As unproductive and messed up as that subreddit is ignoring their issues in favor of feeling more alpha or righteous is well ignoring the point. There are female posters there as well.

Tbh I had thought that hapas had it easier than full Asian first gen kids but they have their own set of problems. When many of the marriages come from a non standard situation and the language and cultural difficulties emerge after years being together it's not hard to see how some of the kids could have damaged homes. At least the Vietnam war era and before marriages often did not turn out the way either husband or wife expected.

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of problems that mixed-ethnicities have really depends on social upbringing and class. It really wasn't that long ago that there were only two possibilities for mixed-race offspring: either high-class aristocracy or lower-caste untouchables/impoverished people.

That's not to say that ethnic issues aren't valid or encountered for mixed-ethnic peoples, but exaggeration runs rampant on some of those sub-reddits.

(Perhaps my experiences are rather unique in this regard as I have mixed-ethnic family members/roots, and was raised in two different homes -- Hong Kong and Canada -- with open and accepting attitudes towards mixed-race couplings.)

Deleted member 9650

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for posting the video. It's a really tough topic. TV and film in the US has a history of fetishizing Asian women and emasculating Asian men. There's just no way around that. Asian Female + White Male relationships also have that history to contend with. The important thing is to be open and honest with yourself and your partner about what makes you attracted to them.

There's a really great independent Asian film scene, but sadly Hollywood is still incredibly racist and don't give Asian stars opportunities. There are market reasons cited, but that doesn't excuse many of the negative portrayals you see even in modern film.

Thankfully, we have Youtube and many big Asian stars who are making a killing on there, which are hopefully creating more role models for younger kids who don't see themselves represented on TV. The lack of validation by the general US population is really a shame, and it's one reason why some big US born Asian stars move overseas to more receptive markets. It's also why Asian stars and musicians who are huge in their home countries fail to make a splash in the US market.

It's important to recognize these truths, be respectful, and recognize your own biases. That doesn't mean you can't date who you want to, but reflecting on why you made your choice is meaningful, no matter what kind of relationship you're in.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
huh. when I saw the title I was honestly expecting a short doc about the hyper sexualization of asian women (particulary east asian women) by white men. The doc was still interesting though. really shows how batty people can be.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Please, please, please nobody post that Dirk webcomic.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anecdotal but out of the 4 Filipino friends I've made since starting college, 3 of them (2 guys, 1 gal) had explicit "Whites Only" dating policies. They all stuck to their word and ended up marrying white people.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Being a white guy living in Japan for the last 11 years with a Japanese wife and half ("hapas?") sons, this shit was really eye opening. I know if I stay here my kids will get discriminated for not being 100% Japanese. They will unfortunately have the same problems I go through.
).
-snip-

Yeah it's definitely rough for kids in mostly or basically all homogenized cultures. I always take it as three different things, 1. Kids being kids not realizing what they say hurts people and has an effect beyond the minute its said. 2. Kids/adults being jealous be that for a person's unique/better looks or assumed better-ness at having more opportunities in terms of culture, language, and what not. 3. Some people just being straight up dumb.

I have a friend who always gets asked if shes Korean by Japanese people or if she speaks the language "because she has foreign friends and "looks" Korean... Can definitely say after living here, Japanese people can't tell shit for where people are from haha. And not just because of her but ALL times I've seen someone guess where someone is from. Been asked if I'm Thai several times... I'm African American >.>

Have you seen the documentary ハフ?
It's really hard for half Japanese people in Japan.

I personally didn't like hanging out much with many other foreigners when I lived in Japan for three years because I often ran into guys that would not shut up about wanting to date/marry/bang Japanese women. It just made me uncomfortable and sad. On the other side, I have friends from other countries who are married to Japanese women and are just treated like they did it due to a fetish. No winning. When I was dating a white woman for a while in Japan, people were shocked. They always assumed I was with a Japanese woman, and I heard some gross comments.

This has been my experience too... I shudder think about having to talk to some of the people I've met about this stuff.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017

Sure, whatever. Hard to believe that when people are still talking about how being a white guy makes things better for you in Asia.

Like, I'm not calling anyone a horrible racist, but can you really say with a straight face that when a white dude in Asia talks about Asian girls being easy there's no sense of elevating a certain kind of white masculinity?

It's kind of contradictory to be posting about how easy it is to get laid as a white guy in Asia and then be like "nope there's nothing racial about it"

Last edited:

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Have you seen the documentary ハフ?
It's really hard for half Japanese people in Japan.

I personally didn't like hanging out much with many other foreigners when I lived in Japan for three years because I often ran into guys that would not shut up about wanting to date/marry/bang Japanese women. It just made me uncomfortable and sad. On the other side, I have friends from other countries who are married to Japanese women and are just treated like they did it due to a fetish. No winning. When I was dating a white woman for a while in Japan, people were shocked. They always assumed I was with a Japanese woman, and I heard some gross comments.
I recommend anyone interested to watch that documentary, very good and worth your time.

Also experienced the first half. A coworker at my last job kept saying that and just made me uncomfortable that I would try to change the subject. The things he said were fucked up...

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Being a white guy living in Japan for the last 11 years with a Japanese wife and half ("hapas?") sons, this shit was really eye opening. I know if I stay here my kids will get discriminated for not being 100% Japanese. They will unfortunately have the same problems I go through.

Things like:
1. No matter how old they are, people will see their name or their face and not know if they speak Japanese.
2. Cultural differences will make it hard for them to integrate in society. They'll have to get used to hearing "you're not pure Japanese so it can't be helped\you wouldn't know."

And then add on top of that "I'm Japanese. Why does everyone think I'm not?" Everywhere I go, my identity as a foreigner is never under question. For them, if we live in Japan, they will live their lives constantly having to prove they are more Japanese than they are white.

It seems like if we moved back, it would be the opposite.

That said, I do feel like America's racial dynamic is changing so fast this may not be a problem for them 10-15 years, where as I don't think it will ever change in Japan (or the rest of Asia, really).

I'm half Japanese, and I had very minimal problems in Japan. I got more shit as a kid in the US.

That's just my personal experience though.

Hi Cutie!

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
white guy married to Asian woman here
have never felt strange or been treated negatively for it