• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I dropped any of my gaming subs yet, But I don't watch most of cinemassacre's gaming videos anymore. The ones with Mike Matei and one of his friends? Ryan? Ughhh... The kind of guy who likes to tell people what to buy at a gamestop but isn't an employee.

Same, I don't like any of them except James

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly fell off Giant Bomb recently. I love those guys but even with Ben and Abby, it feels like they need new blood. I also just cannot handle Dan's weird "pro-corporation" takes and his overall ignorance. Dude means well, but it's just too much right now.

I don't watch Giantbomb nearly as much anymore but I will still watch a stream of Jeff sitting in the dark playing Commodore 64 roms for hours.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
all of them. I dont really watch gaming stuff at all anymore and also hardly browse the gaming section here and dont visit any other gaming based sites. As a result I play more games now and have less opinions to sway my own perception before hand. Its bliss.

ErbilT

Oct 28, 2017
Henderson, NV.
He's not exclusively gaming, but I've been really tempted to drop 8-Bit Guy.
He does a lot of documentary style stuff, but his information has been incorrect several times, and once you start questioning someone then it's hard to want to watch any of their informative content, since you don't know what is right.
I also find his personality to rub me the wrong way. He's a bit of a know it all, despite the fact that it feels like his knowledge base stopped around 2000. I don't know, it's hard to put my finger on just what makes him off-putting, but I can't shake the feeling that he'd be the kind of person who you'd hate to have to work with or he'd be that obnoxious family member that shows up and tells you why everything you're doing is wrong.

There were a few pick-up episodes where he seemed to be incredibly ungrateful to his fanbase because they were sending him too much stuff and it seemed like more of an attack, as opposed to respectfully addressing the issue. Rubbed me the wrong way and I unsubbed.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of game review youtubers. Their takes were often just too simplistic for me anymore. I need pretentious 40+ minute essays to sate me, over just a more casual review.
I like those too but I have only so much time and I can't watch as much as I'd want. The ones I dislike the most are the unedited full playthroughs. I don't know how you have the time to watch livestreams for hours or prerecorded 3 hour gaming sessions on YouTube. They bore me to tears and general they're so low effort.

Give me some shirt or not so short scripted videos please. This is why GameAttack could never fill the hole Screwattack left since the things I liked about the latter (short form scripted content) are all but absent from the former.

Even Craig's post mortem video about Screwattack was an unscripted hour long video he just streamed where he meanders through the subject at hand, gets distracted with other shit, reads comments, invites in and out other ppl and just drags the thing I was in for so I never finished the damn video. If there was one video he should've made tightly scripted was this but nope, you have to sit through another low effort unscripted mess. I don't have time for that.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
I think their format just doesn't work especially for long games. They do like 30 min at a time with nonstop jokes and I'm not sure how that's feasible for them. They'll end up recycling jokes and stories as a result. I'm also confused why they don't have face cams which would add so much to the LPs.
Beats me, I guess they haven't thought of it yet. Face cams are mixed for people, some like it, others hate it. And I don't think they do longer games for the most part since I believe they don't finish many games.
I like those too but I have only so much time and I can't watch as much as I'd want. The ones I dislike the most are the unedited full playthroughs. I don't know how you have the time to watch livestreams for hours or prerecorded 3 hour gaming sessions on YouTube. They bore me to tears and general they're so low effort.

Give me some shirt or not so short scripted videos please. This is why GameAttack could never fill the hole Screwattack left since the things I liked about the latter (short form scripted content) are all but absent from the former.

Even Craig's post mortem video about Screwattack was an unscripted hour long video he just streamed where he meanders through the subject at hand, gets distracted with other shit, reads comments, invites in and out other ppl and just drags the thing I was in for so I never finished the damn video. If there was one video he should've made tightly scripted was this but nope, you have to sit through another low effort unscripted mess. I don't have time for that.
There are some people who are just into live streams and unedited full playthroughs, even with no commentary. I do the unedited playthroughs for gaming skills(but don't have the videos as long) and edited playthroughs for fun as well. I don't stream though.

Last edited:

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
ACG. HIs reviews are like a terrible episode of Family Guy. The actual content of the reviews are great, but they're about 50% too long because of all the bullshit.

Giantbomb - Every once in a while I try out a Quicklook again and the staff just seems like they need a break from games, or at last from games journalism as a profession.

YongYea - The dude only posts negative shit.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
GGGManlives - I can't remember the exact situation, but he was playing some mod that was meant to be super "unpolitically correct", and once he started complaining about the "SJWs" , that was a big red warning light. No idea if he's double down or what, but no felt the need to go back. Fingers crossed Civvie 11 doesn't show his ass, but dude does like making cheap boob jokes and Postal videos.
Damn, I didn't expect him to do that either!

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Besides MTQcapture for FFXIV guides, I only follow official channels. I never got into watching personalities or let's plays type.

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Marz because I don't likely watching her LPs enough to subscribe

Sadly, I'm kinda falling off from Marz for the same reason. She's just not playing anything I'm really interested in and hasn't been for a while. Sucks too because she has such an awesome personality.

For me otherwise, Pewdiepie. Not only because of the known controversy, but also because he really barely does any playthroughs anymore. When I left, he was mainly just lame reaction/meme reviews.

Also, Farfromsubtle. Fraser was so freaking negative, it turned me off. Aside from that, Becky was just a yes-woman, which annoyed me.

I briefly got into bowlingotter, but they always talked over story bits and cutscenes and that annoys me to no end.

Falling off from 8 Bites for the same reason as Marz above.

Starting to fall off from Lobosjr as much as that breaks my heart, because he is so awesome. Unfortunately, his upload to YT schedule is so erratic and I'm not really home when he streams so it's hard to catch his content.

At this point, I'm mainly EZA, Giant Bomb and Suzy Lu (and some Lobosjr sprinkled in) for let's plays.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Angry Joe after he did the Destiny 2 review. Where he reviewed the Raid without even playing it. For the rest of the review he used his own footage and then suddenly for the Raid it was some other footage. Then he denied it and said he did play that only not realizing people could easy see it on Destinytracker if he played it. He didnt. So he lost all credibility with me even more when is always on the stance of calling devs out and rage on them when they lie etc.
That is ridiculous!

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Quoting my own post from an older thread:

Also, if you try googling his name and "mugshot" in the Images section, you'll get pictures from two different occasions.

Jesus. I always thought there was something a little off about him but I figured it was just the relatively harmless act of embellishing stories from his life on top of being pretty awkward. I did not expect that.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Game Theory. Just seemed like a bunch of FNAF stuff after a while.

Same. And even the non FNAF stuff was just incredibly boring and was basically just riding the popularity wave of what was hot on YouTube at the time. His really game specific stuff was cool but those got less and less frequent. I tried to watch one of the videos recently and was just bored to death. And I used to binge watch his stuff when I first got into Game Theory.

Also Game Grumps. It sounds bad but, they started playing too much good games and I lost interest. The joy from their show was the hilariously bad games like Sonic 06 and how Arin just had a knack for bringing out the best humor from shit games. I also k liked the dynamic of Arin and Dan, two distinctly different generations but yet so compatible together. But when it ended up just being two dudes playing Zelda or Dake Souls for a hundred hours it became extremely dull. Like I loved Sonic Adventure play through or the really terrible search games but those come few and far in between.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
I used to follow LaxChris, just because he covered every Smash rumor out there, and I just didn't have time to read through them because of work. He was terrible, but he covered everything and I was really obsessed. After a while, I noticed that he was covering just waaay too much. He actually covered this 4chan rumor "someone on my discord sent me" about three times, it was just worded differently but it contained the same fucking games (it was a Nintendo direct rumor). It mentioned something about some obscure Rayman characters were gonna be a part of a new Rabbids + Mushroom Kingdom, and that always gave it away. It was such a fan dream thing and he covered it so many times and he didn't noticed. Worst thing is, it wasn't like the videos were months apart, sometimes it was just days. He still never noticed that he covered the same shit.

Anyway, he did no research at all, mentioned potential characters and said stuff like "I don't know who he is, but he looks cool", and believed a bunch of rumors because he was so biased (anything with toon zelda/tetra, he ate it up). Two or more videos a day really make your channel so much worse.

I also really hated the fact that he obviously ripped off RelaxAlax name and made his name "LaxChris," how uninspired and unoriginal. The name doesn't even have that rime, dude! That's why RelaxAlax works so great! LaxChris naming was just like his channel: lazy. Avoid that shit.

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
Unsubbed from ProJared and RelaxAlax for being pieces of crap as persons. YongYea was unbearably annooying and mostly shat on everything to get views without being constructive. Jim Sterling was a screatched record on loop.
Also, from YandereDev for being a shitty developer with a "star citizen feature creep syndrome".
Wait, what happened with RelaxAlax? What he do?

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Jontron because of Bigotry.
Game Grumps because there are just better Let's Players on youtube.
Game Theory because it's just a bunch of hamfisted analysis.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really follow any anymore because they all got so boring. The only person I do follow is John Wolfe though I really enjoy his horror game playthroughs and he seems really down to earth. Alot of gaming videos seem to be something happened then literally all of them made the same video and repakaged the same info and honestly my timeline became like all gaming drama or person acting angry yelling and stuff and it was so depressing. I was following Jim Sterling for awhile but his theatrics and stuff got really tiring and usually watching a bunch of his videos started popping up other videos that were all complaining and such. I use to like the AVGN but I think I just grew out of him and although I did check out a few of his recent videos I don't know who all these other people are now but I'm really not liking them and just kind of stopped watching.Easy Allies has kind of gotten boring (I wish Damiani would do more FFXIv stuff I do like those videos), Giant Bomb I don't mind some of the people I really like Jeff,Brad and Abby but when they broke into two studios I felt like it broke alot of the chemistry. I started getting some really crappy stuff coming up in my recommendations like gaming cringe compilations, people trying to expose people, drama crap and it was all so crappy and depressing so I blocked alot of stuff and mostly just search individual stuff when I need it.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OneyPlays I dropped after DingDong and Julian left. Can't stand the new people that play with him and was never a huge fan of Oney specifically.

Game Grumps I've just grown kind of bored of, same with Game Theory

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Classic Game Room. He stopped reviewing nearly as many modern games, which is too bad because his videos were a breath of fresh air back in the day. Also his jokes got old ("Can I play this on the Vectrex!?" was only funny the first few times). He really had no idea how to adapt as Youtube changed.

Apparently the channel is dead now.

Oh god, this is a big one for me too that I forgot about. His review of Pac-Man 2 is the funniest thing ever even to this day, and he had a bunch of funny skits with the Game Com too. CGRUndertow is a fantastic channel too that gave a lot of great recommendations on some eShop stuff. I was really sad when it closed down and was even more upset by how badly it broke Derek to the point he's been in a very upsetting slump.

All while Mark tried to reboot CGR constantly and do stupid things such as make certain parts of a review patreon exclusive, moving them to Amazon Prime, (where it hardly changed in quality and was only done for money, which didn't work out) and instead of asking his YT folks who have been with him for eons there and on patreon for advice, he just flatout killed the YT channel to make it a merch store while disabling likes and comments. Now he's doing this weird 1 minute review system for Tiktok and that's not working either. Considering how badly Derek is burned by this whole situation, I feel that he's also responsible for his current mental state as it doesn't sound like he's made much effort to help him.

For me personally, I don't really unsub from channels unless I get bored of their content or they do something really dumb, but easily the most recent and most hurtful to me was a channel called Toy Bounty Hunters. In 2013 they started a super well-made Power Rangers/Sentai Retrospective that inspired me to make my own retrospective series and it's a really damn impressive passion project. They also made a bunch of PR videos that were fun to watch and whatnot, so I enjoyed their stuff and got into Toku because of them.

But then for some baffling reason, last year they just abruptly went into the far right territory after years of never getting involved with that stuff and always being against hate groups. It started fairly tame with just them talking about the Dante actor from DMC being in DMCV and how much they liked him (since they met him at cons years ago and became a personal friend of his because of that), but then the actor got more open about awful shit like Qanon and far-right nonsense, and I guess because they were friends with him and thought he could do no wrong, they went to any stupid lengths to defend him even as he did more questionable and outright awful things by believing in that group. Then the channel started to go far-right as well, leaning more towards political nonsense and getting mad when Vic got kicked from Funimation. (A giant red flag since there was a damn good reason he got booted)

The second they went and whined about "Game journalists bullying Reuben" in a video when the media called him out on his bad behavior pushing far-right conspiracy theories, I just outright told them in their comment section that I wouldn't be supporting the channel if they continued to push forward on backing people with awful ideas and was very disappointed to see them getting increasingly comfortable with the far right. They responded as politely as they were able since they knew I was a long time fan, but the reply was pretty much "sorry you feel that way, but we support free speech and free opinions." Yeah, because a hyper dangerous fringe conspiracy theory is apparently an "ordinary opinion" despite it causing crazy people to cause chaos at dams and such.

I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it was just because Reuben was their bestie, but then they just dived fully into far-right territory by hosting livestreams with hate group supporters like Yellow Flash and Herohei and making a bunch of comicsgate related videos. I unsubbed the second I saw them whine about Bounding into Comics (a hate group website) getting suspended from Facebook since that just set in stone for me what their new priorites are. I don't think any other tone shift in a channel has made me more sad than with those guys since they went from a super big inspiration for all with their retrospectives to people falling into darkness by backing hate groups. Very sad.

I guess another guy in a similar position I unsubbed from was TheBitBlock since I liked him in 2011 for having good 3DS content and not being afraid to have unpopular takes on games he couldn't get into, (He HATED Xenoblade 1 and was really mad about it getting localized since it was an auto-attack focused, slow paced RPG that I didn't find much fun either) But over the years he grew more and more negative and it got concerning since it went from just unpopular opinions to opinions that were negative for the sake of being negative. Then he lost his mind when he got rejected for Nintendo review copies and was blacklisted for attacking another influencer, and when the Meme Man in office ran for the election he just dove into the far-right harder than anyone I saw. Eventually his content got so toxic and insufferable (he became racist outright and that was the last straw for me) that I unsubbed.

He blocked me on twitter when I called him out for being so toxic that he was cutting ties with former friends and other channels. He's still mad he doesn't have Nintendo review copies and seems to not realize why nobody takes him seriously anymore which is very sad but expected when you act like a total ass and shill for a living meme while also being super duper racist. Thankfully these three channels are the only ones I had to cut off like this so far.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Man if we're talking podcasts too, I dropped off of Giant Bomb because it just lost some energy at some point. I dropped the Best Friendcast well before the channel. I dropped all Machinima content well before they kind of dropped off the Earth (they were still promoting Rift, I think)

Dropped Weekend Confirmed right before they got bopped and then dropped whatever they turned into after that. Not sure if Geekbox counts but I never enjoyed that, yet I listened to it at length for awhile.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
Stopped following RandomTens because of a hiatus. To be fair he's taken his career path more seriously.

Deleted member 55822

Banned
Apr 10, 2019
I guess another guy in a similar position I unsubbed from was TheBitBlock since I liked him in 2011 for having good 3DS content and not being afraid to have unpopular takes on games he couldn't get into, (He HATED Xenoblade 1 and was really mad about it getting localized since it was an auto-attack focused, slow paced RPG that I didn't find much fun either) But over the years he grew more and more negative and it got concerning since it went from just unpopular opinions to opinions that were negative for the sake of being negative. Then he lost his mind when he got rejected for Nintendo review copies and was blacklisted for attacking another influencer, and when the Meme Man in office ran for the election he just dove into the far-right harder than anyone I saw. Eventually his content got so toxic and insufferable (he became racist outright and that was the last straw for me) that I unsubbed.

He blocked me on twitter when I called him out for being so toxic that he was cutting ties with former friends and other channels. He's still mad he doesn't have Nintendo review copies and seems to not realize why nobody takes him seriously anymore which is very sad but expected when you act like a total ass and shill for a living meme while also being super duper racist.

Ok, that was a big YIKES. I guess that's another reason why I became not liking him overtime.

Also, man. You have to be something else if you're getting mad at a game got localized. Good or bad notwihstanding. That's a luxury that, even in today, many games simply didn't get.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
penguinz0 / Cr1TiKaL

he was making gameplay videos of awful games and did commentary during it. His shtick was that his voice was fully monotonous, he never showed any emotion or excitement, regardless of how terrible/broken was the game he was playing. It was amazing.

Nowadays he mostly just rants about other youtubers and random subjects with a face cam.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i dropped all gaming channels that were racist and sexist which means i don't follow any gaming channels anymore.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I used to be subscribed to both ProJared and Holly Conrad. I dropped ProJared a year or so ago because I just didn't find him entertaining.
I hadn't dropped Holly before the whole fiasco, but I hadn't watched any of her videos in forever (her "omg I'm so quirky" style was kind of grating,) and she hadn't updated in like nine months anyway. The whole fiasco was a good reminder to finally drop her channel. (I'd been meaning to for months, but every time I thought, "I should finally kill that subscription," I would then think, "Meh, I'll do it later.")

I still follow Game Grumps, but I'd kind of fallen off watching it before their current playthrough of Phoenix Wright, which is fantastic.

OP
OP
Araujo

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
i find it kinda fascinating how SO many of the channels you guys like and or seem to recommend make so little views that they cannot possibly sustain themselves as a channel.

I dunno if it's just the "grassroots" feel, but as someone that messes around with youtube myself, it's super weird to see that the stuff so many of you like is stuff the person is doing out of nothing but love, probably at the expense of their own personal time cause sure as hell they can't be making much of a living (if nothing at all) with numbers like those.

The big guys most of you seem to have dropped off though... they are making BIG huge numbers. They are fine for their bills.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
TheWarOwl - When BF5 was releasing he went on a tangent regarding female player models and historical accuracy. Like a lot of people he didn't have convincing arguments and came off as pandering to the youtube cesspool. Now I just use 3klicksphilips or however he spells it for any CS-content.

GameSack - Dave being a jerk in general (Sarkeesian comments etc.) while just phoning it in and never improving got to me after a while. Started fast-forwarding through his segments as Joe did most of the heavy lifting anyway. After a while it seemed like they just ran out of things to cover, Joe would usually bring some interesting games into the mix but one person can only do so much.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Don't watch Kinda Funny or GiantBomb much anymore. I used to have an hour train ride each way for my daily commute, so I watched a ton of content, but my primary gaming ingest has been reduced to just ACG and EZA reviews. Oh and noclip's big pieces when they come out.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
After the best friends split up I lost all interest in them.
I really hate to say it but I felt like Two/Super Best Friends Play were more entertaining together rather than separately. I'll check in to the individual channels from time to time, but i'll always go back TheSw1tcher. Those videos got me through some hard times in college!

On the other end of things though, been getting into SimpleFlips and Criken2's stuff.
Thats more a symptom of group LPs as a whole being more entertaining than solo stuff, as listening to a person talk to themself, regardless of charisma, can't match up to 2-4 people riffing off eachother.

This is the big one for me, I used to watch the SBF daily, it was my regularly scheduled YouTube channel I'd always follow up on. Unfortunately, each of them on their own just doesn't work as well as all of them together, and not just because of the whole "not being able to riff on each other" thing.

-Pat's streaming format is just non-conducive to the way I engage, preferably in still long but edited, organized, and constructed analysis/commentary. The controversial connections and statements Paige has made/said are still putting me off until there's some kind of open addressing of everything. "My way or the highway" also loses its appeal when there's no one to counterbalance like Liam, Matt, and Woolie did.

-Woolie has too many irons in the fire for me to keep up with; he has two podcasts, a weekly stream, several LPs, a show about fighting games, random one-offs and gimmicks like Kirby Lore and Gun to Your Head (which it looks like he's done/bored with), one offs like that Reboot resltrospective (that was really good but will probably never happen again), reuploads of old content, on top of what he's got going on personally like boxing and getting married. I feel like he can't commit himself to a style or genre of content creation or else he gets bored, and I just can't invest myself into a channel that might suddenly drop something and start doing vlogs or art tutorials or what have you.

-Matt is the opposite of Pat in that he makes more of the kind of content I'd be interested in like Wha Happun, Edgelords, Simpson's Reference, etc. The problem is that a lot of his interests just don't overlap with mine and his analysis isn't up to what I'm looking for. This is where Pat/Woolie/Liam outshine him, their criticisms and analysis always felt more substantial and coherent than Matt's, who's always felt a bit more scatter-brained. Also, his style of humor is much more effective as quick-witted retorts to what's happening in the moment rather than anything scripted and deliberate.

-Liam is probably the one I'm following the closest, although he has the problems of both Matt and Pat in that his interests just don't overlap with mine and the streaming format is not what I'm looking for in terms of content. Still, his optimistic outlook coupled with good observant criticism keeps me coming back to an extent.

It really was the counterbalancing and complementing aspects of their group that made their content shine; Pat and Woolie's analysis with Matt's vision and structure, Liam's optimism tempering Pat's combativeness, their various interests harmonizing and to a degree cancelling out each other, and so on. It's fascinating to see how it all fell apart over the last year or two after Liam left, but they really were unique in their time and the got me into so many things I now love (Gurren Lagann, Yakuza, JoJo, Dark Souls/Bloodborne, Nier Automata, Devil May Cry, and others I'm sure)

Last edited:

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
What it came down to was Shamus's unwillingness to moderate the comment sections of the videos, which came to a head during the first episode of Life is Strange where Chloe's stepfather hits her if Max doesn't interfere. Turns out there more than a few commentators who thought Chloe had it coming and that paired along with Shamus's inaction made the rest of the cast very uncomfortable.

Man, that sucks. I'll be honest, I've always sort of appreciated Shamus' rigidly logical (even though as of late I find that kind of approach as more missing the forest for the trees) take on games and narrative, but I hadn't realized he was like that. There was that one post in his Mass Effect retrospective where he seemed a bit too eager to defend Ashley Williams, Space Racist, as actually totally not a Space Racist, because you see everything about her comments that indicate that are just misunderstanding/perfectly logical from her perspective. Just...I was kind of weirded out by that, and after hearing this I'm wondering if there's something else or something he's said that can confirm or deny my suspicions.

I was by the Silent Hill Shattered Memories guy.

Also I think this is the case, but what's behind this? Does she have a coherent breakdown of why it's bad besides "It's not a faithful remake of SH1?"

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Angry Joe. His review videos are like 40+ minutes long and he isn't particularly intelligent or insightful to make them interesting. I don't even remember why I subscribed to him.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
RadeBrad and a couple of others because I needed to cull my gamer sub channels. Used to follow boogie years back for his skits but unsubscribed when I learned what a git he was. ProJared a few weeks back because he's a fucking pedo. Jim Sterling cause I grew tired of him. Thinking about unsubbing from angryjoe because he just looks like he doesn't enjoy it anymore and YongYea because I'm tired of the negative videos. It's all negativity from him.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Jim Sterling.

Sorry man, but I'm tired of hearing how incompetent the industry is, over and over.

It's great when he gives fresh incite on an issue we are not aware of, but by the time he makes his rant, I've read all arguments elsewhere, and his totalitarian shtick gets annoying to watch.

Still love him, but there's just so much negativity in life I can handle. Literally have no room for shit in life, so I doubt this is exclusive to him.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I used to watch Jim Sterling a fair bit, but I found the negativity (whilst truth) was getting to me.

That's kind of where I'm at with Jim too. I was listening to him back in the Podtoid days and he was every bit as cynical back then, but at least him and Jonathan Holmes spent most of the time joking around and having fun. Jim's stuff just isn't fun anymore...again, not to say he's not right most of the time, but I guess his shtick is just wearing thin on me.

I don't really sub to many Youtube gaming channels though. I like Monster Factory when Justin and Griffin decide to do that once in a while and other than that it's mostly Giant Bomb Quick Looks or the odd speedrun.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
This thread made me go through my subscription list, so many channels where I don't watch their videos. I'll have to do a mass unsubscription. :P
Anyway, in recent time I unsubbed from ProJared for obvious reasons. There's also his LP channel which I just didn't watch and it seemed to be all he did at the end anyway.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Sad to see so many folks dropping Kinda Funny but I understand the direction they're going isn't something you're in to, I personally love the focused stuff so that you can pick and choose. I don't listen or watch every show they put out either. I'm a big fan of KF/AF, their in-review stuff and screencast but I'm also weird that I like to see Tim and Nick mess around on the internet.

I personally don't unsub unless a channel hasn't put out a video in months.