• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The YT video is hilarious. The firefighters and paramedics were looking like "what the fuck."

Also, with the way emergency services work, it's likely they were just chilling at their dispatch location waiting for something to happen. That's basically the way they work. Yes, it could have reduced response time had there been another emergency, but there wasn't.
Doubt the ambulance crew were just chilling

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can tell, the general gist of the idea was to effective create a concrete 'helmet' as a 'oh my god he actually did it lol' sort of deal, using the microwave as a head sized mould. Where this plan fell apart was the moment they realised that the concrete had, in fact, stuck to the microwave as well. Thus it was impossible to remove the concrete that they might otherwise have tried to chip away at; this just getting worse when the airtube got blocked.

Still dumb as hell.

Nov 4, 2017
Staggering. I can understand why we have videos of Extreme Sports or Base Jumping or whatever stunts as there's a considerable rush for the subject & to a degree, a reasonable amount of training or understanding of the risks involved.

And as much as I hate videos of Kids climbing tall structures & hanging off the edge with no safety equipment, again, I can see what they're trying to accomplish.

However, I cannot for the life of me figure out what they was trying to accomplish with this.

Reminds me of that Dickhead in Russia who blew self up trying to impress his friends by taking a picture of a grenade with the pin removed.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So just a reminder someone could have died needlessly because this fuckwit thought this was a good idea. Honestly I can't help but feel he should have been given a chisel and left to work it out himself, but of course they can't. How the fuck the firemen and ambulance crew ain't giving him a colossal dressing down on wasting their time I have no idea.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can tell, the general gist of the idea was to effective create a concrete 'helmet' as a 'oh my god he actually did it lol' sort of deal, using the microwave as a head sized mould. Where this plan fell apart was the moment they realised that the concrete had, in fact, stuck to the microwave as well. Thus it was impossible to remove the concrete that they might otherwise have tried to chip away at; this just getting worse when the airtube got blocked.

Still dumb as hell.
I mean, ok but why? It'd just look like a block anyways

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
426241.jpg

"Mrs. Simpson,

While we were rescuing your husband, a lumberyard burned down."

Mr_Black

Banned for having an alt account
Oct 27, 2017
It's called Jackass for the YouTube generation.

Remember Jack Ass? It's basically fucking morons being fucking morons. Just the homemade version of which your security team is in fact the tax payer.

I can't see how people are struggling to comprehend that despite being exposed to this kind of shit with Jack Ass

zon

Oct 28, 2017
They should've made sure he could breathe, then leave the rest on his head and come back the next day. Maybe he would've learned something.

Oct 27, 2017
when someone does something pointless and extremely dangerous and stupid just for attention, of course people are annoyed. They're tying up state resources that are supposed to be a contingency for real emergencies so they can get more views on youtube.
Totally and completely understandable to be pissed off but you can't bill someone for "really stupid emergencies" because you can't clearly define "really stupid"—even though this particular one would hardly be an edge case.

Also, part of the social contract is that emergency services should help everyone they can, stupid or not.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
We evolved through the millennia, favoring brain before brawn. Adapting to a wild uncaring world, building communities and learning how to use nature to our benefit. We domesticated animals, spread throughout the world. Building languages, culture and technology. We went through different societal structures, ultimately trying to create a world that gives us the uncensored freedom to express our individuality and our dreams. Technology boomed, allowing us instant worldwide communication, manmade artificial intelligences and letting us slowly reach towards the stars.

All culminating in a modern messiah nearly giving his life, wearing a concrete microwave oven over his head for the pleasure and amusement of all mankind. We should be grateful.

OP
OP

Deleted member 835

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? Emergency services are funded by their taxes, it's literally their job to save people from their stupid shit.
Emergency services are under enough pressure without idiots. Emergency services are there to save people who are ill or hurt. They shouldn't have to put up with saving people who do stupid shit for views

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Emergency services are under enough pressure without idiots. Emergency services are there to save people who are ill or hurt. They shouldn't have to put up with saving people who do stupid shit for views

And, he was hurt. Just because his pain was the result of his idiocy doesn't make it any less valid.

Mona-chan

Oct 31, 2017
Let's not use these words, please. Thank you.
I apologise for using such words.

On topic, it's a symptom of the whole "race for social media likes and views" - even if it means risking lives. I seem to remember one story where a teenage girl addicted to taking selfies tried taking one on top of a train. She was hit by the train and died instantly as a result.

Oct 29, 2017
Totally and completely understandable to be pissed off but you can't bill someone for "really stupid emergencies" because you can't clearly define "really stupid"—even though this particular one would hardly be an edge case.

Also, part of the social contract is that emergency services should help everyone they can, stupid or not.
fair point, i can see why deciding who "deserves" it and who doesn't could set a dangerous precedent.

sleepInsom

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The truly sad part is the guy who cements his head in a microwave probably makes more money than most of us slaving away for 40+ hours :(

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
You fully know what I am getting at.

Not really, I don't like the idea of emergency services being denied to someone for their "stupidity." Nor the idea that services must only be allocated on utilitarian basis, where stopping to help one "idiot" somehow jeopardizes an apartment burning down. I'm sure emergency services are smart enough to understand how to juggle various calls coming in simultaneously.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys really think people deserve to die for their stupidity or is it just jokes, I can't tell.

Edit: Oh god I'm agreeing with boss attack lol

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
I find it comforting knowing that there is someone on the complete opposite end of the intelligence spectrum somewhere out there, and they will inevitably go on to create wonders for humankind.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really, I don't like the idea of emergency services being denied to someone for their "stupidity." Nor the idea that services must only be allocated on utilitarian basis, where stopping to help one "idiot" somehow jeopardizes an apartment burning down. I'm sure emergency services are smart enough to understand how to juggle various calls coming in simultaneously.

Ok, you don't get what they're saying.

They're just pointing out that dumbass attention-seekers like this are adding unnecessary numbers to an already overburdened system. And perhaps maybe people should stop being so fucking stupid and selfish.

OP
OP

Deleted member 835

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere did I say I want them to die. I said it is disgusting they are making money of this "prank". They can not even be assed to donate the ad rev to the people that saved his life. Add that to how stretched our emergency services are already, it is far worse then just being a idiot and getting hurt