• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I'm not trying to be needlessly controversial, but the guy doesn't look especially wealthy; and clearly he's not too bright. Rather than being enraged by his ignorance, I'd rather think about the circumstances that led him to make this decision.

It would be one thing if he did it with the intention of wasting the time of the emergency services, but that was never his goal. If anything, they tried not to get anyone else involved. His friends tried to get his head out for an hour before calling in the big guns.

I'm sure some people will roll their eyes at this post, but I'd rather save my righteous indignation for people who prank call 999, or otherwise deliberately go out of their way to waste firefighters' time.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Yep, that's a dude who got stuck in a microwave.
PLTZJRh.gif

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
the mixture of terror and humor this makes me feel has left me an inability to form an appropriate reaction.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get the microwave when they had a perfectly good mixing bucket that they could've used instead. Also, would've been far easier to remove.

Yes, yes, I can understand most questions can be answered by 'they're idiots' but still.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the firefighters should have been dicks, and recommended him for psychiatric evaluation and a 48 hour hold.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I understand being upset for wasting emergency services time that could have been needed elsewhere for doing something this stupid, but really did none of you do stupid shit when you were younger that you look back now and think "that was stupid of me?"

It's part of growing up, hopefully he'll learn from this (as well as the other people).

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How come he got out so easily once the microwave came off though? I figured they would have to chisel away that shit before he could get the bag off of his head

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I understand being upset for wasting emergency services time that could have been needed elsewhere for doing something this stupid, but really did none of you do stupid shit when you were younger that you look back now and think "that was stupid of me?"

It's part of growing up, hopefully he'll learn from this (as well as the other people).
Maybe I led a boring childhood but no I never did anything remotely comparable to this stupid.

Oct 31, 2017

My feeling as well. Although the fact that they were and are making cash off it does make me that they are wankers.

Kainé

Oct 26, 2017

The only stupid thing I did was using masterball for Articuno. NEVER!

Oct 30, 2017
He's from Wolverhampton.

That is all.

I grew up 10 miles from there by the way and staupport their football team (who are strangely having a good season).

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You could be right, but I don't see why it would go viral. It's not particularly interesting or funny, it's just stupid
You're in a thread talking all about it, so...

He's 22!

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
How come he got out so easily once the microwave came off though? I figured they would have to chisel away that shit before he could get the bag off of his head

I'm guessing the concrete wasn't really thick enough to have much strength against being moved sideways. The microwave was limiting how much the concrete could be moved, which made it, well, concrete. Once the microwave was gone, it'd basically start crumbling without support.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
this is what we get for beating evolution

you get to live 22 years and still be dumb enough to cement your head into a microwave

society and agriculture were a mistake

Javaman

Oct 31, 2017
That super long breathing tube was the stupidest thing. He was going to be rebreathing the same air over and over unless he cut it much shorter or kept calm and took deep breaths.

LogicAirForce

Oct 25, 2017

I've done some dumb shit before, but I've never cemented my head inside a microwave. Thats a completely different level of stupid that I didn't even know existed.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017

Jim James did it first and classier. (same general shape anyway)

Last edited:

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

This level of fuckery is something I'd expect out of someone much younger...not a damn 22 year old.

Oct 25, 2017
I generally find it in poor taste to shit on people like this, but only when they actually die from it. It's why I absolutely hate the idea behind the Darwin Awards. But this guy's alive, so I got no problem calling him an idiot.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017

"encasing the part of you that breathes in cement" is close enough to suicide that my response is more like "this guy needs mental health care."

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WELP. Egg on the face, that's breakfast!

He's definitely not an impoverished dummy. But I stand by the innocent intentions thing, unless it's revealed that calling the fire department was always the plan.
I don't think anybody is saying he did it to intentionally waste the emergency services time (if someone did I stand corrected) but by doing something incredibly stupid just for some youtube clicks he inadvertently wasted the very precious time of the emergency people that could be used in situations of actual importance, so yes he is a gigantic moron, fuck him and his youtube channel.

Last edited: