• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I got a weird notification saying "now youtube gaming and YouTube merged" or something like that on the APP, and I started to see people I unsubbed YEARS ago on my feed (and, lo and behold, it says I was subbed). Not only it did that, but also unsubbed me from 5 Youtubers (Contrapoints, Welyn, Comrade Cora, Philosophy Tube and Three Arrows).

Check your subs, everyone.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this just happened to me too. And yes, I used the Youtube Gaming app. Once.

edit: The iOS Youtube app said that the subscriptions were from the gaming app.

Oct 25, 2017
Happened to me as well, it showed a message about Youtube Gaming, but I've never used that.
I did know the two channels, though. Weird.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, I've had resubscriptions and them not showing me videos from channels I've subscribed to.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I've never used the Gaming app, and never even visited that part of the site that I'm aware of. I got the popup about the merge, but near as I can tell, none of my subs changed. I did a purge of old subs just the other day and they're still gone, and stuff I just recently subbed to are still there.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe this is why I apppeared to have subscription to Funhaus, which I dont remember subbing to.

XSystem

Apr 1, 2019
This happened to me as well and I may have opened the YT Gaming app like... once, ever? I never actively used it.

I got especially salty because suddenly and for no good reason there was a lot of clickbaity trash on my feed, some of which didn't even go away after I unsubbed again from the respective channels.

I haven't noticed any subs disappearing (only resubscriptions), but then again there is quite a number of channels I follow, some posting very infrequently, so I may have missed that.

It's so baffling to me how royally YouTube likes to screw up from time to time. In comparison, Twitter - even with the long list of problems attached to that site - never randomly made me re- or unfollow other accounts.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I saw the notice, but didn't connect the two had separate sub feeds. So I had Boogie unexpectedly show back up in my sub feed about "Cancel culture".

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I've never used Youtube Gaming, but I did noticed a couple weeks ago that I was unsubbed from someone that I watched pretty regularly.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Was just kidding damn calm down. But you did at some point, boogiesubber

That was more of a general "who cares what the opinion of that alt-right pandering milkshake duck is" than something about you specifically, but your weird attack is duly noted.

Also, I don't think you were kidding? But whatever.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Never used the gaming app ever and suddenly I was resubbed to a bunch of channels. Just seems lame on their part.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't much thankfully, but it had resubbed me to channel I have been unsubbed to for years. I didn't notice if it unsubbed me to anyone though.

Also realized after wondering why I wasn't getting as many upload notifications as I used to from people, that Youtube took it upon themselves, again, to turn off my notifications on a bunch of channels. Super annoying when Youtube decides for me what notifications I should be receiving from which channels, and then I have to go in and fix it, again.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't noticed any resubs. Don't know if I may have lost some subs though.