• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
Popular YouTube page ChilledCow was taken down late last night. Not sure what happened but as someone who listened to this every day I am deeply saddened by this.

twitter.com

ChilledCow on Twitter

“@YouTube @ytcreators Any explanation on this?”

Update 1
Update:
twitter.com

ChilledCow on Twitter

“@YouTube @ytcreators I will make an announcement if my account is unbanned, anyone using the name ChilledCow and/or the livestream image is a false account”

They will make an announcement if the account gets unbanned.

Update 2: ChilledCow is back!!!

Last edited:

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
im not even sad considering the economics of it all

hotpodnews.com

Subscribe to Hot Pod - The Verge

The Verge is about technology and how it makes us feel. Founded in 2011, we offer our audience everything from breaking news to reviews to award-winning features and investigations, on our site, in video, and in podcasts.

the writer has written for npr before anyone questions the validty of it

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is huge. Chilledcow is insanely popular.

Hell, I listen to Chilledcow literally every morning when I get ready for work.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
They don't even play remixes of copyrighted music, like DJ Cutman using lo-fi video game song remixes. What could be the reason for them being shut down?

Youtube sucks, they let so much other pure garbage stay on, but have to do stuff like this.

my dog will not be happy, since it is her station to listen to while we go to work!

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they can get that sorted out. This stuff is indispensable at work.

Chillhop Music is the other one I listen to regularly--easily recommend to anyone looking for a replacement.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Nooo, I'd have this on in the background from time to time and it was so relaxing, not to mention the awesome artwork of that girl doing her homework.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Lame. I loved this channel and listened to countless hours.

I know it's on Spotify but I liked listening on YT as I enjoyed having the background animations on my TV.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
end of an era
been a long while since i listened to them since i'm mostly on spotify now

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AgedMiniatureBoto-max-1mb.gif

add any music u want.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty wild that there's literally NO explanation as to why in that youtube statement.

What the fuck.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but the Spotify playlist doesn't feel the same as the live YouTube playlist.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Ehh I listen to them on Spotify anyway. But it sucks cause you don't get that beat animation with cat.

I am sure it will be back.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there are plenty of other ones for you guys. Must suck for the person running it.

Treythalomew

Oct 27, 2017
I liked it but I never could get past the popping noises. The playlist songs never heard anything but on YouTube there was always random popping that kicked me out of my groove.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Give it back, Youtube.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I expected this to happen sooner or later; you just don't get to that level of popularity and not have some people start feeling like they're getting short changed in terms of revenue - assuming that's what the issue is.

Doesn't hurt any less though. Thankfully I've learned of a lot of lo-fi artists through the stream and I follow their curated playlists, plus made a Spotify playlist of my own out of some favorites.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I feel like I jinxed it by saying the other day that everyone knows about it but no one really talks about the stream.

Sad day for live YouTube.