• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
based. nothing but respect for Miku and the rest of the folks over at Mojang.

D7Ajtw1W4AE58aP.png

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Not surprising. Minecraft's still a huge game, even with Fortnite taking some of the spotlight (not to mention Fortnite and other BRs' success probably affects CoD more than it does Minecraft).

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Minecraft is as sandbox as a sandbox can get, I doubt it'll die down anytime soon.

Damn good purchase on Microsoft's end, and thank you Miku for making Minecraft.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Roblox is huge lpl. I remember playing that in middle school before it became a behemoth.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I remember thinking no damn way MS will recoup any of that 2 billion, but even if they don't, the brand ties/recognition has been worth it alone.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
It's huge, anyone with kids will know.

I know some of my little girls friends hammer it and watch Minecraft videos over tv.

Also Roblox is one of the biggest blind spots out there, that game is massive but also crazy that it exists.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
I've seen people say they think Minecraft isn't as popular as it used to be because twitch numbers aren't off the charts (though it's been doing pretty good there recently too) but I think they just don't realize how dominant Minecraft is on youtube. There are soooooo many youtubers who do nothing but play Minecraft for a living. It's basically all my kids watch on youtube.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, first time i've heard it in my life. Goes to show how different ERA's taste in games are compared to the mainstream gaming population.

I mean I don't think it's as simple as that. It seems era would at least be aware of a game such as that, not necessarily be "into it".Must be more the regional popularity of it?

LoneWolfHunter

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Aug 27, 2019
Most of those views for Minecraft have to be because of PewDiePie no?

Game is HUGE! here in Brazil.
I imagined... I work for a Email Marketing platform and we keep getting people trying to creating phishing campaigns for that game... Like EVERY DAY. And it's always someone from Brazil

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Garena Free Fire? Never even heard of it.

Minecraft being on top isn't surprising. Kids still love it, and they're the biggest audience for YouTube.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Gaming page are always filled with Minecraft and Fortnite videos. Literally no other videos are there on average.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Minecraft is a lot of fun. It's an awesome way to kill time alone or with friends.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Never too old to have fun. *Goes back to playing minecraft with his friend's in their late 30's/40s.*

Oh, I love Minecraft, actually. I have thousands of hours on it haha. I like Fortnite too, I'm just surprised the kiddies are still fueled on Roblox / Minecraft / Fortnite. Well, not surprised as it's been evident for awhile now. Just makes me feel old. I've never even heard of that Garena game which really gives perspective to what a small part of the world we see and hear about every day.

Woiwode

Banned
Sep 18, 2019
This is not really about Mincraft and more about these disgusting Youtubers exploiting children to make money.
maxresdefault.jpg

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is my first time ever hearing of Garena Free Fire

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
My two daughters, 7 and 11, watch Minecraft YouTubers incessantly

LDShadowlady, DanTDM, Pat and Jen...they love them

Most seem nice enough and the videos are harmless enough, but at 37 they make me feel so...old. I respect their hustle but they are just videos of nothingness and nonsense

It's a skill I grant you, but I've been gaming for 30 years and they just don't even hit me in a 'i would have enjoyed this back then' vibe

solidr

Oct 28, 2017
Freefire is HUGE in latin america because that game run without problems in potato cellphones