• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
How about also letting me remove these fucking racist Prager U ads I keep getting over gaming channels.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, I can watch Honest Trailers again without having my recommendations flooded with shit from Geeks N Gamerz or whatever the hell.

Syranth

Oct 28, 2017
I want the option to block any video suggestion that has a 15 to 40 something male with his mouth open in shock like a bass fish. BLOCK ALL OF THEM.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the bump and if this has already been posted elsewhere, but can confirm that this is now live for me in the Youtube Android app (though not yet on their website).

"Not interested" has existed for a long time, but "don't recommend channel" is new.

65631589_15346230300070jxj.jpg

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
Thank God. I get spammed with annoying Linus Tech tips all.the time. Even pressing Not Interested still shows up for me.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I went to recommendations to test it out and this was sitting there.

Maybe they have fixed things. This is a spot on recommendation for me.

dotpatrick

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if this gets extended to the not recommended section of the TV app. Whenever I click over to the "gaming" tab at the top, I am greeted by videos from alt-right shitheads.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Right? I can't scroll through recommendations without seeing unbox therapy infomercials even though i never watch it.
I just don't like his face for some reason. I hate to say that. Like he seems really smug and the few videos of his that I've seen weren't anything special. He barely reviews things. Infomercial is the right word.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Bout fucking time. Be nice if I could remove keywords from my recommendations as well. Never suggest anything to me based on a Star Wars vid. Ever.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God.

Now I can stop having YT recommend me videos from Gamergate channels because I watched a Let's Play.

Begbie

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know of a way to block certain words appears from search results like 'Reacts'. Tired of looking up game or movie trailers and being flooded with those annoying thumbnails

Danstanster

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking finally. Just the other day I was binging some Hak5 content and forgot to turn my office tv off while I left to run some errands. Come back to some full blown Jordan Peterson shit. I had recently just finally got all the alt-right crap out of my suggested videos and this added a bunch of shit back in. Their algorithms suck so much shit.
I went on a tear of sport bloopers and that led down a dark path of autoplay one night. The thing i couldnt handle was googling some hormone treatment I overheard recently and having to be served some fucking paint roller with needles on it to make my beard fuller in every preroll add. Turned off ad-sense, and wanna uninstall chrome.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I can finally stop it recommending that one "The Last Jedi is a complete cinematic failure" video with Laura Dern's face photoshopped to look like she's sneering at her own movie?

Danstanster

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know of a way to block certain words appears from search results like 'Reacts'. Tired of looking up game or movie trailers and being flooded with those annoying thumbnails
when they come up in recommended i just hit the 3 dots and say not interested, when they give options as to why you can see what caused it.

in the Creator studio section of the site you can hit community and add things to blocked keywords, it didnt seem like it would really apply but lots of "REACT TO" content is now not showing up in my feed because of it.

I have my own history with REACT and went to dire lengths to stop seeing that shit anywhere in my feed. They were scrubbing my gmail for recommendation shit at one point and I couldn't handle it.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
when they come up in recommended i just hit the 3 dots and say not interested, when they give options as to why you can see what caused it.

in the Creator studio section of the site you can hit community and add things to blocked keywords, it didnt seem like it would really apply but lots of "REACT TO" content is now not showing up in my feed because of it.

I have my own history with REACT and went to dire lengths to stop seeing that shit anywhere in my feed. They were scrubbing my gmail for recommendation shit at one point and I couldn't handle it.
Just a heads up, on search results, you can exclude a term from appearing with the "-" operator in front of the word you want excluded.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, I totally understand Unbox Therapy because he's a joke but what do you have against Marques? He's pretty even handed IMO and his video production values are amazing. Not sure what your hang up is.
He basically took up for PewDiePie after he said the n-word. So he lost me there and it kinda confirmed what I expected about him. He kinda just goes with the flow, and doesn't really speak out against anything like most popular YouTubers. They're all afraid to upset people so they go "both sides" more often than not.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This option still doesn't show up for me, is it region-based?

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I think I discovered this myself. For some reason I kept getting recommendations from a channel called the Completionist, which I found quite obnoxious. I clicked 'not interested' and then YT asked me why, and I chose 'I hate this channel' (or whatever it was) and since then nothing. Was quite a while ago, too.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Good. I'll finally be rid of Asmongold videos in my recommended section.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched a couple of MetalJesusRocks videos, did he do something shitty?
He frequently features AlphaOmegaSin in his intro and recently while at E3 took a picture with Boogie which he included in his E3 video. That's as far as I know in terms of shittyness. I don't like it and I contemplate rather I should stop watching him, but I don't know if he's aware those two people are bad or not.

EDIT: Just found out one of his crew (Radical Reggie) put out a transphobic video, MJR said he has nothing to do with Reggie's videos but that he's not going to tell him what to do either. Of course he will still be part of his crew and be in his videos.

Last edited: