• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
He's not reneging on the apology. He maintains that he didn't do the best job of handling discourse with people questioning their sexuality and he feels that Tati helped him understand that. What he contests is the notion that he was being malicious and predatory.
I mean that's a distinction I suppose that's fair enough but at this point I don't have much faith in him to not be a predatory piece of shit.

But to be fair they all seem the same, only reason I know about any of this is because my wife watched make up stuff on YouTube so I know of them all that way.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
I mean James pretty much dismantled a lot of what Tati came at him for and has the receipts also, not really sure how she can respond to it tbh

Jeffree Star being involved with such hatred has got me a little confused. I'm not sure why he's even in the discussion at the moment as nothing is related to him but he's just dragging up info on everyone else and just being a bit of a cunt

We've already seen all the dms from James which he's apologised for (and some on the receiving end have already posted on Twitter that they've accepted his apologies and it's a done thing), we've seen the stuff with Sam and I can't imagine Grayson Dolan adding to this drama

I guess jeffree is just gonna air a lot of shit with minimal context and a horrid angle

Nov 16, 2017
watched the first 20 mins of the JC response and now I'm wanting Tati to lose followers. Seems like she got mad that someone promoted her competition and decided to fabricate stories. Pathetic.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
watched the first 20 mins of the JC response and now I'm wanting Tati to lose followers. Seems like she got mad that someone promoted her competition and decided to fabricate stories. Pathetic.

I mean, James is no angel, but his evidence is pretty strong; she definitely lied outright. I can't see any way she could refute his proof, but maybe she has actual dirt on him that she could expose instead, I dunno.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
To be honest, when I watched Tati's first video, when she started talking about 'his behavior toward straight men', I immediately thought that she better be 100% sure of her facts, or this will very easily look like she's leaning into old-school homophobic tropes.

And now with this James Charles video ... it kind of looks like that?

Of course, I don't think either can be fully trusted. Any set of adults airing grievances like this -and in tati's case, talking straight-faced about dealing with this through 'drama channels' (wtf?) - it just doesn't scream reliability.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
To be honest, when I watched Tati's first video, when she started talking about 'his behavior toward straight men', I immediately thought that she better be 100% sure of her facts, or this will very easily look like she's leaning into old-school homophobic tropes.

And now with this James Charles video ... it kind of looks like that?

Of course, I don't think either can be fully trusted. Any set of adults airing grievances like this -and in tati's case, talking straight-faced about dealing with this through 'drama channels' (wtf?) - it just doesn't scream reliability.

Yeah, her entire premise of "toying with someone's sexuality" is flawed. If a person is bi-curous, you're not gonna make them gay/straight through sheer force of will, so I already knew something was fishy there.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I knew it, JC just posted his side of the story, doesn't look well for either Tati or Jeffree. He's gaining back subscribers, curious to see how many he gets back.

he basically exposes Tati as a liar, a ton of what she said on her bye sister video was BS and he has aaaaall receipts to prove it. Jeffree is just an asshole, I think he's jealous because in terms of popularity, he was 2nd to James

Don't really know who to trust, chances are they're all shady, but JC definitely brought the receipts, and I do sympathise with a lot of what he's saying. Guy is 19 for heavens sake. He's going to have some fuck ups and do stupid young adult shit along the way, and being flirtatious can be part of that. As long as he never overstepped boundaries and always kept it completely consensual, i think it's a bit unfair to call him predatory, but again, I don't know all the facts and haven't followed every aspect of this.

We are saved, the level headed one who does no wrong felt the need to comment

Pretty level headed analysis tbh, and this was prior to JC's proper response too.

Last edited:

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
This is the drama I live for hahaha, my friends were buzzing about this for the last week just saw saw JC response videos damn he slwas saving them receipts for the clap back

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I'm most of the way through the JC No More Lies video. Honestly, it's a surprisingly mature response from a 19-year-old, with loads of receipts. I'm finding his side of the story persuasive.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
OMG this shit is all so stupid, and who has time for all these Lindsey Ellis length videos over this mess?

Frankly, I'll say that (after admittedly only skimming through Charles' video because, sis, 42 minutes?) everyone in this situation is acting like shit. Tati, I didn't buy her tears or reasons for doing this from day 1, and Jeffree Star remains racist trash. James is still a spoiled brat, but I WILL say that he's the one acting the least like shit because he's the ONLY one acting his age.

But all these folks pushing 40 openly beefing with a boy still years away from being able to legally drink? Gurl...the desperation has JUMPED out.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
This honestly pisses me off because it all reeks of homophobia, especially from that opportunistic liar Tati Westbrook. I watched her "why i acted like a lying moron" video and didn't buy her stupid crocodile tears for 2 seconds, especially her "I did it as a way to reach him" bitch get the fuck out. The fact that she doubled her subscribers from this trash is gross. I honestly didn't know either of them before this, and James isn't 100% innocent. But a lot of this is classic homophobia.

And yeah, imagine being a 37 year old rich woman making a 40 minute video attacking a 19 year old because he posted an instagram story (or w/e he did).

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Gay men flirting with straight men is not predatory. Manipulation Is 100% wrong and gross, but if we're going to focus on strictly "flirting" then y'all better be ready to bring that same energy and judgement to the woman flirting, and grabbing on gay men in gay bars.

Mike can say/do some dumb shit, but he's not wrong here.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017

Gay men flirting with straight men is not predatory. Manipulation Is 100% wrong and gross, but if we're going to focus on strictly "flirting" then y'all better be ready to bring that same energy and judgement to the woman flirting, and grabbing on gay men in gay bars.

No clue who that is but he really hit the nail on the head with that one

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

There is no lie here.

Hell, there is a "gay" bar here in Philly that I actively avoid because they've become a "Gay themed" straight bar. Annoying straight people who didn't know how to keep their hands to themselves has been a problem for years, but the last time I was there I was literally stalked from floor to floor by a drunk straight girl who wouldn't stop grabbing at my junk. Didn't stop until I said to her, "Look, if you were a dude doing this to me? I would have already hit you."

And what did she do? Start crying.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
No clue who that is but he really hit the nail on the head with that one

He's a youtuber with a LGBTQ themed channel that gets pretty wild and crazy sometimes. He's good peoples though.

There is no lie here.

Hell, there is a "gay" bar here in Philly that I actively avoid because they've become a "Gay themed" straight bar. Annoying straight people who didn't know how to keep their hands to themselves has been a problem for years, but the last time I was there I was literally stalked from floor to floor by a drunk straight girl who wouldn't stop grabbing at my junk. Didn't stop until I said to her, "Look, if you were a dude doing this to me? I would have already hit you."

OMG, that's so fucking annoying. I don't really go to gay bars (or any bars) anymore unless my friends invite me, but I'm definitely picky about where we go if we do go to one just so that we can have a fairly comfortable experience.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty clear that this whole makeup youtube community is second only to gaming youtube in terms of trash individuals. Tati only "exposed" James because he dared promote a competing brand and not because of any of his actual behavior, James is still predatory and an extreme douche to people, Jeffree Star sounds like he's racist, and they're all trying to cancel each other for clout and subscribers (James newest "tea" video is monetized for christ sake). What an awful, entitled bunch.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
There is a reason they couldn't make it to tv which has a fraction of crappy celebrities too but It truly seems to be YouTube has a much higher percentage of famous you tubers being crappy
The key thing with YouTubers is they put their lives out there way more than the average celebrity. They don't have an agent shadowing them on social media to say "Yah maybe do not post that." Also, let's be honest, despite the occasional paparazzi pic, what do we really know about the lives of most celebrities? We only know what they allow us to know.

One last thing to consider is that most YouTubers start their careers at a very early age. The career path of a YouTube celebrity or influencer (I hate that term) is still a relatively new concept and as such they don't know how to handle it and their parents sure as hell don't have a clue. In contrast, an athlete for example is given media and social media training. We have also seen what stardom can do for a young person without guidance. For every Jodie Foster, there is a Lindsay Lohan or Justin Bieber.

I suppose the point I am trying to make is not that YouTubers have to be taught not to be predators, racists and general asshats but rather that most celebrities have simply learned to hide such behaviors from the general public.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The key thing with YouTubers is they put their lives out there way more than the average celebrity. They don't have an agent shadowing them on social media to say "Yah maybe do not post that." Also, let's be honest, despite the occasional paparazzi pic, what do we really know about the lives of most celebrities? We only know what they allow us to know.

One last thing to consider is that most YouTubers start their careers at a very early age. The career path of a YouTube celebrity or influencer (I hate that term) is still a relatively new concept and as such they don't know how to handle it and their parents sure as hell don't have a clue. In contrast, an athlete for example is given media and social media training. We have also seen what stardom can do for a young person without guidance. For every Jodie Foster, there is a Lindsay Lohan or Justin Bieber.

I suppose the point I am trying to make is not that YouTubers have to be taught not to be predators, racists and general asshats but rather that most celebrities have simply learned to hide such behaviors from the general public.

This is fair

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Are they any good YouTubers left? I know there is obviously, but it seems like YouTubers left and right are getting exposed.
lol? You have any idea how many youtubers there are? Over 10,000 channels have +1 mil subscribers.

People being exposed to be terrible is only logical. Larger selection pool. Like... duh

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
A 19 year old gay being into straight men.....stop the press
lol? You have any idea how many youtubers there are? Over 10,000 channels have +1 mil subscribers.

People being exposed to be terrible is only logical. Larger selection pool. Like... duh
This I always hate post like that.....like people don't understand how big YouTube is, and forget that theres a huge non English speaking demo too. Just like everything else only controversy gets attention.

Emobacca

Nov 2, 2017
I've been beating the drum for years that the beauty community is so damn good for drama.

Tati is about to get cancelled

Oct 31, 2017
I've been beating the drum for years that the beauty community is so damn good for drama.

Tati is about to get cancelled

I hope so.

Can someone explain to me how the guy consensually hooking up with James for an HOUR and even saying that he's bi over text somehow equals "predatory" and "forcing straight men to change their sexuality" or whatever? Ugh I get so mad thinking about it

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Mister Ed needs to mind his own business from now on.

Kind of gagged that James Charles came out looking more mature with his rebuttal/receipts than the other two did. They all deserve violent fits of uncontrollable diarrhea though.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not subscribed to any of these people, but just based on these few videos, to me it looks like the 19-year-old James is the most mature of the bunch.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
There is no lie here.

woodys?

Mar 9, 2019
I knew it, JC just posted his side of the story, doesn't look well for either Tati or Jeffree. He's gaining back subscribers, curious to see how many he gets back.

he basically exposes Tati as a liar, a ton of what she said on her bye sister video was BS and he has aaaaall receipts to prove it. Jeffree is just an asshole, I think he's jealous because in terms of popularity, he was 2nd to James

Not surprised Tati is a lying piece of shit