• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Please also check out the threadmarks, as they contain more information.

gNEG3jK.png
s38RLDV.png

This is important for those coming from elsewhere seeking information on what Alax did. With that being said, onto the rest of the thread.

WHO IS RELAXALAX?

Alex Carducci, also known as Alax, is a YouTuber most commonly known for his Know Your Moves series, which details the moves of each Smash character & the games that they come from. He also does content on other games such as Persona 5, Dragon Ball FighterZ, & (more recently) Super Mario Sunshine. He also has a side channel called Alax and His Cat where he uploads other stuff like discussions & live reactions.

WHAT DID ALAX DO EXACTLY?

With regards to his ex-girlfriend, Bobdunga, I feel like she can explain it better than I could in her TwitLonger post. She initially came forward around late May, but made her account private for a while before going public again. Please take the time to read through all of it when you get the chance, but if you want the TL;DR version of what it covers...

Others also came forward backing up what Bobdunga said.

The tweet above is a thread, please take the time to read the rest of it. Also, I've run out of media posts, so here's a link to Justin's tweets on Alax.

Tweet 1
Justin said:
drew i knew alex too, trust me when i say he's not even remotely a victim here
Tweet 2
Justin said:
it's not my evidence to give, but I have many firsthand accounts and stories he's verbally told me (roomed with him last year at TMG), he cares so much about optics but just treats others around him like trash

Of course, she wasn't the only one to come forward regarding Alax's abusive nature. Syn, one of Alax's Patreon supporters, detailed what Alax did to him a few days ago. Out of respect for him, I've taken down the link, but he has put it out there before he got away from social media to get some help.

HOW DID ALAX RESPOND TO THIS COMING TO LIGHT?

For starters, he posted this...

Afterwards, he took a hiatus from YouTube until a few days ago, where he posted a video on Super Mario Sunshine. It should be noted that he only really responded to the allegations brought forward by his ex. The allegations brought forward by Syn have not been commented on since his was the most recent. Also, this was tweeted by Alax around the time Bobdunga tweeted about cutting out a toxic person (I.E. Alax) from her life.

image0.jpg

The tweet was promptly deleted after he got a ton of shit for it, but obviously a screenshot was saved.

I will update this thread with more if I come across anything else that would add more context or potentially others who may later come forward. But for now, this should give you a good idea of Alax's abusive nature.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
That whole story is fucking horrifying. But for the sake of others like me who didn't know him till now, he seems pretty popular. His pateron only pulls in 900 bucks but he's near half a million subs and pulls in over 300k to 1 million views per video.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Remember hearing about that months ago and I immediately unsubscribed soon after.

This year hasn't been a very good look for the Smash community...

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn it wasnt just one person? Already was ignoring the shit out of this guy but yiiiiiikes

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
Is it just me, or is the Smash community having a bad go at things lately?

I'm not sure if it's just bad luck, or if Smash attracts some toxic/bad people.

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds really horrifying. I wish the victims the best at their recovery.

This piece of shit should have been banned along with others like him.

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Every time I start to like a youtuber, then I gotta cancel them cuz turns out they were an awful person.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Offering rewards via Patreon just seems like a bunch of shit waiting to happen.

I'm kind of confused reading through Syn's story---like I feel like he's not telling the whole story here when he says stuff like "oh I got banned when I complained about political correctness" and "how dare they get offended I laughed at a meme!"

It seems kind of weird how he then takes what happened to Bobdunga and turns it into "I went through that too!" even though he seems like he was an overzealous fan pouring money into Patreon and expecting to automatically be liked?

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Offering rewards via Patreon just seems like a bunch of shit waiting to happen.

I'm kind of confused reading through Syn's story---like I feel like he's not telling the whole story here when he says stuff like "oh I got banned when I complained about political correctness" and "how dare they get offended I laughed at a meme!"

It seems kind of weird how he then takes what happened to Bobdunga and turns it into "I went through that too!" even though he seems like he was an overzealous fan pouring money into Patreon and expecting to automatically be liked?
Yeah im not sure whats going on with syn's story, its like borderline incoherent

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
I got about half way through syns massive Google doc and you should probably take that down.
They need to spend an extended period of time away from the internet. There was a massive drawn out build up to any 'bullying' that happened and if I had to deal with someone like that I'd probably be pretty rude to them too.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Jesus Christ. I constantly avoid his videos because his format is fucking annoying, but geez louize. Why can't people just not do this shit? Isn't it easier to not do it?

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Unsubbed.

Shame really, I liked his Know Your Moves series.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I got about half way through syns massive Google doc and you should probably take that down.
They need to spend an extended period of time away from the internet. There was a massive drawn out build up to any 'bullying' that happened and if I had to deal with someone like that I'd probably be pretty rude to them too.
I completely understand, I have since taken down the links.

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
Yeah im not sure whats going on with syn's story, its like borderline incoherent
Not defending Alax in anyway, but you're right, Syn's story was rambling and didn't make much sense at all. It seems to me that they donated a lot of money and helped with projects in order to be Alax's friend, and when Alax treated them the same way he would treat another fan who was acting up and lashing out at others, Syn felt taken advantage of.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
No idea who this guy is but thanks for putting me on notice just in case I do get recommended any of his Smash videos (for all I know I may have watched a few).

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of these YouTubers are real trash, I wonder how YT will respond

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
My love for Smash outweighs my hatred for the community.
For every asshole like RelaxAlax, there are legit cool people like Alpharad & Omni (and Etika, god rest his soul). I'd like to believe that it's only a few rotten apples trying to spoil the whole basket for the Smash community.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
From his response, dude sounds like he lawyered up, has a law background himself, or someone in his circle of friends or family does. Whether that helps with what sounds like serious accusations and receipts from other people that it's not outside-the-norm behaviour for the dude, time will tell - hopefully by throwing the book at him.
Please explain how a game, especially Smash, can "attract bad people".
I mean, it's pretty much a rule of thumb at this point that games attempting to replicate a historical time period (namely anything to do with medieval, early modern, and imperial/World War Europe) and 4Xs (particularly the Paradox ones) are largely guaranteed to attract some of the worst scum in gaming, so games definitely can "attract bad people".

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Never heard of the creator.

Just finished reading the story.
As both parties have pointed out, it's all based on true events and the stories do seem very credible.

There was definitely a toxic emotionally abusive situation at hand, and that includes the assault accusation. Emotional abuse is complex. What's the line between being a shitty, selfish, manipulative person and something worse? Or maybe that's already bad enough? Based on the details that I believe... The accussed did probably cross that line. Continuing the behavior after a serious accusation by your partner.. that's not normal...

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Man this sucks. I found his sonic mania video right before the controversy started and really dig his channel.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Stopped with his videos when this news first came to light.

Read Syn's doc and while it's an odd story of community drama rather than outright abuse, the fact you have moderators in his discord using the word 'gay' to mean 'dumb' nicely illustrates the kind of people Ale/ax likes to have as company.

Probably should start calling him 'NeverRelaxAroundAlax'.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, dropped the fucker like a rock when I heard this. Sad cuz he used to hang on Smashboards and seemed alright, but they always do I guess until they slip.

Another Youtuber with skeletons in the closet, and it's one that I used to watch frequently before this all came to light. What a sleazebag.

For every asshole like RelaxAlax, there are legit cool people like Alpharad & Omni (and Etika, god rest his soul). I'd like to believe that it's only a few rotten apples trying to spoil the whole basket for the Smash community.

This.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I actually used to pay for his Patreon and be subscribed to him and shit like that. As soon as I heard about any of this shit, I immediately unsubbed on Patreon and on Youtube. What a piece of shit, sending his fans to attack his victims. I'm happy I never participated in his Discord from all of this shit I'm hearing.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I remember hearing about this. Dropped him as well.

OP, are there any other Smash YouTubers known to be doing something similar or supporting him? Just want to make sure I'm not supporting anyone else like him unknowingly.

Alax had legal help around the time he made his statement
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
From his response, dude sounds like he lawyered up, has a law background himself, or someone in his circle of friends or family does.
After doing some digging, you aren't wrong about Alax getting legal help.

708TNgY.jpg

For reference, Alex Scott is one of Alax's friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.