• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose your rescuer

• Jack Bauer (with CTU)

Votes: 37 9.9%
  • Jack Bauer (Rogue)

Votes: 57 15.3%
  • Jack Ryan

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • James Bond

Votes: 107 28.7%
  • John McClane

Votes: 32 8.6%
  • Harry Tasker (True Lies)

Votes: 53 14.2%
  • Archer

Votes: 69 18.5%

• Total voters

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Frankly I'm probably some nerd who'd get killed off at the start of a conventional spy flick because I had the macguffin or the launch codes or whatever. So definitely not Bond.

Archer though, I'd live because at worst he'd fail the mission spectacularly in some other fashion, while at best I know enough pop cultural stuff to appeal to his character.

At least, of the options permitted. Got a few alternatives I can think of...

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
1d27bc5627e1b15f38bd5ee1826d8cab.jpg

there we are

May 26, 2018
Ethan Hunt, probably. I'd need to romance Bond to have a good chance at being rescued and, uh... I don't think that would be happening lol

Bee.Cups

The Fallen
It has to be Bond or Archer right? Bonds probably the most competent overall and when Archer actually has to step up he's really good at what he does, as is Lana. As long as Cyril and Cheryl dont come along the odds would be in my favor.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Archer would absolutely get me shot (or shoot me), and by the end I'd probably be on track to have a leg amputated or a kidney transplanted, but he's got a remarkably solid track record for rescue ops.
The DARPA Chief was already dead by the time he infiltrated Shadow Moses, and trying to rescue (unknowingly) Decoy Octopus resulted in his death via FOXDIE. Meryl dies if he saves Otacon. Otacon's fate is left ambiguous if Meryl lives (though he obviously lived because MGS2 and 4 are canon, but folks believed Meryl was dead up until MGS4 showed she lived). Emma dies no matter what. His father failed to save Sokolov and lost his eye to maintain EVA's cover. Chico and Paz were both killed while his own medic was impaled in the forehead with a chunk of shrapnel and left to recover from a 9-year long coma.

Neither Solid Snake nor Naked Snake have a good track record for rescue ops, and they often get folks caught in the crossfire during them.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ethan Hunt is absolutely the choice here but he's not in the poll so I'll go Bond I guess

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If I need Snake to save me, then I am kidnapped by some cosmic horror nanomachine people and I don't want that shit

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
Archer would absolutely get me shot (or shoot me), and by the end I'd probably be on track to have a leg amputated or a kidney transplanted, but he's got a remarkably solid track record for rescue ops.

The DARPA Chief was already dead by the time he infiltrated Shadow Moses, and trying to rescue (unknowingly) Decoy Octopus resulted in his death via FOXDIE. Meryl dies if he saves Otacon. Otacon's fate is left ambiguous if Meryl lives (though he obviously lived because MGS2 and 4 are canon, but folks believed Meryl was dead up until MGS4 showed she lived). Emma dies no matter what. His father failed to save Sokolov and lost his eye to maintain EVA's cover. Chico and Paz were both killed while his own medic was impaled in the forehead with a chunk of shrapnel and left to recover from a 9-year long coma.

Neither Solid Snake nor Naked Snake have a good track record for rescue ops, and they often get folks caught in the crossfire during them.

I'll take my chances

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jack Bauer ends with me as a hostage getting my head cut off with a pen.

Everyone around Jack Bauer dies.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
I like how Jack Bauer rogue and Jack Bauer with CTU are two different options. Haha

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Can I get Lana instead of Archer? She's less likely to get me killed in the crossfire.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Jason Bourne. He doesn't mess around and just gets the job done. I guess I'd have to put up with a car chase, which would be pretty stressful. At least I wouldn't have put up with a lot of banter.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Jason Bourne. He doesn't mess around and just gets the job done. I guess I'd have to put up with a car chase, which would be pretty stressful. At least I wouldn't have put up with a lot of banter.

The same reason I went for Bryan Mills, he's just as focused but he doesn't have all the memory and trauma issues.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
I picked rogue Jack Bauer, but I didn't see 48 hours so that's like two seasons for him and I'd be long dead by the second.

So my real answer is Ding Chavez.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rogue Bauer, he foils terrorist plots and entire cells in 24 hours, given the time crunch he's my dude.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Archer is a good time but I'll probably die, Bond because I'll probably be saved in the end because Bond rules, Jack Ryan is the more "realistic" scenario out of most of these.

Gonna stick with Bond just so I know im saved

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
I'd also choose the M:I crew, but the original
1181713389_1.jpg

Have they ever failed a single mission?

Jason Bourne is a terrible choice. He has a horrible record when it comes to keeping the people he interacts with alive.