• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Choose your rescuer

• Jack Bauer (with CTU)

Votes: 37 9.9%
  • Jack Bauer (Rogue)

Votes: 57 15.3%
  • Jack Ryan

Votes: 18 4.8%
  • James Bond

Votes: 107 28.7%
  • John McClane

Votes: 32 8.6%
  • Harry Tasker (True Lies)

Votes: 53 14.2%
  • Archer

Votes: 69 18.5%

• Total voters

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Task force X with Deadshot, Captain Boomerang, Rick Flag, Katana, and Deathstroke.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Out of all the government agent types Ethan Hunt would be the most likely to not only save me but not get me killed.

But of that list I suppose Archer is the most competant, though I would end up injured myself somehow.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Archer would get me killed while he rifled through some bad guy's wallet. His luck factor only benefits him. Last guy I'd want rescuing me. Jack Bauer is great on paper, but has a poor track record when stacked up against the competition. Harry Tasker would be messy as hell, but easily my second choice because he's Superman to John McClane's Aquaman, if water was American skyscrapers. If I'm a hostage in any tall building in the US, McClane's my pick over Tasker. I don't know Jack Ryan.

Bond would prioritize the mission, and has the skill, discipline, flexibility, and track record to back him up. I'm not worried about him accidentally getting me killed, failing to account for my lack of experience when extracting me, or becoming distracted by how awesome explosions are. Easy choice.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Donald Trump. He just got that terrorist and he didn't even knock on the door. Also he calls canines Dogs.

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Tasker for distraction and some good ol' D-Boys to do the actual job I guess.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Jack Bauer pre heroin addiction. Like Season 2 Jack lol. Definitely without Fredie Prince backing him up. Just pray nothing happens to Kim while waiting to be rescued lol.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
James Bond for sure of the choices here. Bond on a mission is a scary motherfucker.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
I voted for Bauer rogue, but really it's

Or Ethan Hunt, but he needs a lot of backup.

And...fwiw Bond doesn't have a great track record unless you're a hot lady who he'll hit on once the mission is over.

No - I want someone who'll walk into an interrogation and shoot the prisoner in the knees or chop his son-in-laws hand off with an axe to avoid being blown up.

Or...someone who can take any ordinary household object - a biro, a magazine - and kill someone in the face with it.

Oct 31, 2017
1d27bc5627e1b15f38bd5ee1826d8cab.jpg

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'd be careful taking bond; lots of people he's rescuing die including his wife!

Ethan hawk is a good choice. He seems like he'd give the most shits about actually saving you.

And who the hell doesn't know who archer is? Damn it brits! Get it together!

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Jack Bauer gets everyone he is involved with killed, you might as well shoot yourself if you hear he is involved because you will die an extremely painful death.

Likewise Bond rarely saves people, he's no good to you. He'll just sleep with your sister, your mom, your wife, your grandma, your neighbor, and tell you (as you lay dying) it was part of the plan.

John McClane really doesn't have any special skills or connections, he's just a guy ya know.

Archer would shoot you himself by accident or because you insulted his taste in music.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
John McClane?
He couldn't even save Harry Ellis.
He just let the guy die, that's like pulling the trigger yourself.

Never forget.
MfVVrSB.gif

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Jason Bourne. The most methodical, resourceful and professional of the bunch but also great at improvising when need be.

Bond is getting you killed 90% of the time.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ethan Hunt. Out of all the people on the list, Ethan Hunt will do anything to save you. Even sacrifice his life. Not one of those listed has done as many crazy stunts to get the mission done as that man

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Terrorists will kill you in 48 hours if you are not rescued.

Isn't the answer obviously Jack Bauer then? He'd get it done with 24 hours to spare. Have you seen how long it takes all the rest of them to get shit done?

OP
OP
BossAttack

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Ethan Hunt. Out of all the people on the list, Ethan Hunt will do anything to save you. Even sacrifice his life. Not one of those listed has done as many crazy stunts to get the mission done as that man

Which is why he's not on the list. That's like turning on God Mode on. Plus, IMF isn't technically recognized by the US government.