• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pelican.train

Sep 9, 2022
Finished Monstrum Nox (my first post-Seven Ys game). The exploration was a highlight for me and I enjoyed some parts of the story quite a lot... Aspects calling back to the older games like the Azure Petal questline really got to me emotionally. Combat wasn't as engaging as some of the other Ys games I've played but at least it was painless to get through if I didn't want to spend too much time on it.
Doing a proper play of 8 now– I tried it back before I'd played any other Ys games and it didn't really click, but returning to it, I'm definitely having a great time. I'm actually regretting that I picked it up way back when on Vita instead of Switch, because the game is a visual feast after 9.
On that note, though, I do hope that 10 will run better on Switch than Monstrum Nox did? Framerate issues are one thing (I played Origins on Vita so I've definitely seen worse and been okay with it) but losing progress due to the game cutting out at random when I try to save was a pain.

Last edited:

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Picked up some Japanese PSN cards while I was out in Akihabara. Softmap had a lot of Ys X advertisement. The elevator doors were covered in them. Grabbed just enough to pre order the game.

Too bad the game isn't out 2 weeks earlier. Would have just grabbed a physical copy instead.