• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That too but running those spells just to summon a normal monster doesnt look too appealing (to me at least)

Its basically the same thing as Kaibaman. You will never play Kaibaman normally and not do anything with it unless you need a chump blocker.

Also Kaiser Sea Horse is another method of summoning Blue Eyes.

Last edited:

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda want a strong effect monster now so I might ditch BEWD but idk which boss to aim for.

I just saw that horus requires to go through a 200 pack box so that might be discarded from my options I guess unless it is really worth It.

What are some good dragon/warrior effect Monsters to build around? Machine could be too seeing that they seem to have a lot of support.

Something that doesnt require me to sell a liver if possible.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
As it turns out the Banboo Sword cards help make a fun Exodia deck
Just fought someone using those things, he drew almost all of his deck on his first turn, that's nuts! thank God it wasn't an exodia deck.

4typlJk.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Pulled a prismatic Dark World Lightning on the first ten packs of the new box and now I'm kind of tempted to try making a Dark World deck. I was also thinking about making Gem-Knights, but they don't have Gem-Knight Fusion so that weakens them quite a bit.

Too bad I'm really bad at saving gems. I so often get a random idea for a deck and then try to go for a certain card, only to either never actually make the deck or realize the idea/deck was bad.

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
That bamboo deck is so lame you cant do anything against it lol.

Might as well surrender when I see one

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I almost lost turn 1 to those a couple of times lol.

The thing is, those kinds of decks are humongous risks. If you don't get a good sequence you pretty much lose immediately. The two times I've encountered it I was able to basically kill them in 1 turn right back.

That said, I expect those cards to be semi-limited in the very near future. The possibility of losing before you even have a turn is too real to be ignored.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
I almost lost turn 1 to those a couple of times lol.

The thing is, those kinds of decks are humongous risks. If you don't get a good sequence you pretty much lose immediately. The two times I've encountered it I was able to basically kill them in 1 turn right back.

That said, I expect those cards to be semi-limited in the very near future. The possibility of losing before you even have a turn is too real to be ignored.
I lost against one of them on turn 1, but yeah they are very risky I've only lost two times out of like 6 or 7.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
the one thing you can do with bamboo deck is to use enemy controller and take control of it. I think thats the only way you can counter it. And since enemy controller are abundant around. it should be easy unless you get brick draws

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't run into any since I wanted to wait until the nerfs get rolled out to start this season... That looks pretty damn horrible. So, if they go first they have a pretty good chance of winning. If they go second, assuming you run 3 Enemy Controllers, 3 Forbidden Chalice you have a 66% chance of winning.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Hello, that bamboo deck is horrible tbh. forbidden chalice is good for countering if you have the time though.

DooD1234

Oct 26, 2017
I just tried that new bamboo burn deck in the daily loaner deck for my 3 free gems (it not a lot I know but I'll take any free gems the game gives me) and let me just say it disgusting. Won the game in the first turn before the AI opponent could do anything and this is me having no idea what the trick to the deck was.

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone give me some recommendations for my Weevil burn deck

fz4iUsFl.jpg

I've got a super rare ticket that I could trade for a third Swords Woman to replace a Doomsdog, Flamevell Dragnov is just...there as a place holder. What ideas you guys got? I've not been pvping heavily, only Silver so far but it seems to go on 4-5+ win streaks so it's working well so far, just wondering how it can be tuned further. Funnily enough yesterday I was on a 4 game loss streak in Bronze tier when the season reset.

Also having said that, burning people down can get kinda boring so was thinking of making a second deck for Toon monsters, what's the best way to go regarding those? Looking around Paradox Bros and 3SD was the way to go but with 3SD getting nerfed, what's the next best option?!

Thanks.

DooD1234

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone give me some recommendations for my Weevil burn deck

fz4iUsFl.jpg

I've got a super rare ticket that I could trade for a third Swords Woman to replace a Doomsdog, Flamevell Dragnov is just...there as a place holder. What ideas you guys got? I've not been pvping heavily, only Silver so far but it seems to go on 4-5+ win streaks so it's working well so far, just wondering how it can be tuned further. Funnily enough yesterday I was on a 4 game loss streak in Bronze tier when the season reset.

Also having said that, burning people down can get kinda boring so was thinking of making a second deck for Toon monsters, what's the best way to go regarding those? Looking around Paradox Bros and 3SD was the way to go but with 3SD getting nerfed, what's the next best option?!

Thanks.
Regarding your Weevil burn deck, I suggest maybe massive morph trap card to combo off Amazon Sword woman. If not then you can also use it to stall. Massivemorph doubles your opponent Atk but also prevents them to make direct attack. It also a common card to do not hard to grab.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Strings is a free win. I wonder if he is glitched since I never lose to him. Slifer has never been summoned vs him lol.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing too. The whole thing is nice and easy, a nice way to earn gold and gems.

Does anyone know what you get for going through loops of the board? I got a Kuriboh last round about. I like Kuriboh. Dat protection.

Oh yeah, I finally got both Pegasus and Odion in my roster at last over the New Year. Had to do custom decks for both, they were not easy. So, once I'm done with Battle City Ch. 1, on to grinding GX.

Last edited:

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
So, can someone tell me what governs the rule of missing a card effect activation timing? I swear it seems completely arbitrary. Let me use Botanical Girl for a couple of examples:

1) Botanical Girl will miss her effect activation timing if she is used for a tribute summon, but won't miss it if she is destroyed by, for example, Tribute to the Doomed. This is despite the fact that the condition for her effect activation is to be "sent from the field to the graveyard", which both actions accomplish.

2) If you use Fragrance Storm on her to destroy her and draw a card, her effect activation timing will be missed if you trigger Fragrance Storm secondary effect to draw a second card. This does not happen if you only draw 1.

I seriously don't get it.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I got like 500 dice lol. Should I just go through Battle City again?

Got 3 of every bamboo sword now. Bring on Yugi Moto for Exodia! 2x Broken and 3x Golden is what I think I will run.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
So, can someone tell me what governs the rule of missing a card effect activation timing? I swear it seems completely arbitrary. Let me use Botanical Girl for a couple of examples:

1) Botanical Girl will miss her effect activation timing if she is used for a tribute summon, but won't miss it if she is destroyed by, for example, Tribute to the Doomed. This is despite the fact that the condition for her effect activation is to be "sent from the field to the graveyard", which both actions accomplish.

2) If you use Fragrance Storm on her to destroy her and draw a card, her effect activation timing will be missed if you trigger Fragrance Storm secondary effect to draw a second card. This does not happen if you only draw 1.

I seriously don't get it.

I tried google and found this

https://www.reddit.com/r/yugioh/comments/1dlaqv/an_explanation_to_missing_the_timing_and_what_it/

woodland

Oct 25, 2017
FFFFFF

Been playing this in the background, grinding, etc. Trying to build up a Cerberus farming deck and need the cards from Ultimate Rising (+ I'm running a BEWD/Dragon deck in my free time so Ultimate Dragon would be cool) and it's so god damn annoying. There's like 3-4 cards I could use in that pack for this stupid farming deck and I get none of them. I get fucking Hane-Hane, Supersonic Eagle or w/e, every SR except Shard of Greed and whatever other one I need. Meanwhile my dumbass auto-duel refuses to use my Kidmodo Dragon and wants to play Ancient Dragon instead... Spent every gem on this for like 60 packs so far.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
FFFFFF

Been playing this in the background, grinding, etc. Trying to build up a Cerberus farming deck and need the cards from Ultimate Rising (+ I'm running a BEWD/Dragon deck in my free time so Ultimate Dragon would be cool) and it's so god damn annoying. There's like 3-4 cards I could use in that pack for this stupid farming deck and I get none of them. I get fucking Hane-Hane, Supersonic Eagle or w/e, every SR except Shard of Greed and whatever other one I need. Meanwhile my dumbass auto-duel refuses to use my Kidmodo Dragon and wants to play Ancient Dragon instead... Spent every gem on this for like 60 packs so far.

Auto duel makes some odd choices sometimes. Doesn't like to use H - Heated Heart except against defense position monsters. Doesn't like to activate Shien's Castle of Mist ever.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Auto Duel doesnt know how to use Ojamas. With Ojama Country it always revives a normal Ojama from the GY instead of a dead Ojama King or Knight. It always seems to sack the Ojama Blue in various bizzare situations instead of going for the triggers.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Auto duel also doesn't use Vanguard Dragon's effect to throw a dragon like Red Eyes into the graveyard, so it can use Red Eyes Spirit. -_-

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Auto Duel does, however, know how to use my brand spanking new Six Samurai 30-carder, with not a single NPC duel lost so far. It doesn't get much bonus, though.

It slays in Ranked, though. I got from Bronze 2 to Silver 3 in a single session tonight, and most of them were surrenders.

I've fallen in love with a set of virtual children's game cards.

N_Cryo: I got a Panther Warrior from the Battle City event, for completing Round 3 I believe. I just don't know how to use its effect effectively. Would it be useful in a Zombie deck, for example?

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Auto Duel does, however, know how to use my brand spanking new Six Samurai 30-carder, with not a single NPC duel lost so far. It doesn't get much bonus, though.

It slays in Ranked, though. I got from Bronze 2 to Silver 3 in a single session tonight, and most of them were surrenders.

I've fallen in love with a set of virtual children's game cards.

N_Cryo: I got a Panther Warrior from the Battle City event, for completing Round 3 I believe. I just don't know how to use its effect effectively. Would it be useful in a Zombie deck, for example?
It definitely has potential in a zombie deck.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Stick it on bakura for some easy dark necro fear without milling. Or try it out with the new cards from the recent pack. I need the card before I can actually get strats tho.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Six Samurai is so good! But so many Weevil and Bamboo decks at the moment.
Isn't it? I'm a firm believer in Shogun-sama and his Lockdown Boys now.

Oddly, I haven't seen a single bamboo sword or weevil burn to date. Maybe I'll get lucky and meet one today, see if the meta is true.

pixxxelz: if you're okay with a noob's advice, maybe take out one of your Supervise's and add two E-Cons? The shift from 21 to 22 cards shouldn't hurt much. Either way, don't be afraid to experiment with deck recipes - they're called that for a reason. Just like cooking, as long as you don't forget the original recipe, you should try new things and see what works best!

Nov 2, 2017
Ok, can you guys help me out with my Gemini deck?

I feel defenseless without any e-cons but I don't know what to take out..

I would take the second Gemini Trap Hole out. I feel two might be too cloggy for that card since I can't imagine you resolving two of them in one match. Besides, it's dead if you can't defend and Normal Summon your Geminis, unlike E-Con which can help with that.

SartrG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to try Cloudians but I can't pull the cards I need. I've spend around 1200 gems and I've gotten 2 UR and a bunch of SR but I'm still missing Smoke Ball, a third Turbulence, Summon Cloud, Squall and the Trap.

And I still need a second Neos Alius...

Ok, can you guys help me out with my Gemini deck?

I'd cut one Butterfly and Summoner, plus one Trap Hole. I find three Butterflies too cloggy, especially since you also have two Crabs. Starting the duel more than two of the combination of Crabs and Butterflies is terrible. Cutting the number of Normal Summonable Gemini reduces the utility of Gemini Summoner, which, to be honest, I find lackluster.

Trap Hole seems nice in theory, but in practice, the only Gemini that could be destroyed by battle is Crab, since Butterfly shouldn't be on the field for more than one turn and AG Knight is strong enough for the opponent to try to use effect destruction instead.

SartrG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish we had more Gem Knight Cards to choose from

What good, realistic support/monsters are we missing?

I seriously doubt we'll get Fusion or the Aqua Fusion (because of its material), and I'm not familiar with the newer support.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Gem Knights seem cool, and like something I'd like to try out next, but they don't seem to be a complete group yet. Maybe next mini-box.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
What good, realistic support/monsters are we missing?

I seriously doubt we'll get Fusion or the Aqua Fusion (because of its material), and I'm not familiar with the newer support.
Gem Knight Fusion wouldn't be broken. Monster wise we could use Obsidian, Sapphire and Iolite. Fusion wise we could have Aqua Marine,Amethyst and Zirconia.

Amethyst especially would make Gem Knights viable.