• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of shit, looks like we might be getting some heavy bamboo sword nerfs after all:
vrqOdju.jpg

Though I've still not met anyone using this deck, I did take a good look at the cards in it, and I can imagine the shenanigans. I hope I'm fortunate enough to steer clear from their wrath.

Edit: Is there something wrong with Era's image hosting? I couldn't paste my image into my post using the posting tools. Had to use the BBCode link in the end.

Last edited:

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of shit, looks like we might be getting some heavy bamboo sword nerfs after all:

Though I've still not met anyone using this deck, I did take a good look at the cards in it, and I can imagine the shenanigans. I hope I'm fortunate enough to steer clear from their wrath.

Edit: Is there something wrong with Era's image hosting? I couldn't paste my image into my post using the posting tools. Had to use the BBCode link in the end.
I went against one, when they get started it turns the game into a one player game until he draws all his cards.

I managed to beat him because i had econ and managed to get control of his monster.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Econ hard counters bamboo but if you don't have it and go first it can really screw you over. It reminds me of Tea burn before the limited burn card whose name I forgot lol.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hmyxWCo.png

This is the current Six Samurai deck i run. Unfortunaly i don't have Floodgate Trapholes or Mirror Walls. It does pretty good so far. Double Summon is currently an experiment as i was finding i was sometimes struggling to get the synergy between my Six Samurai if i was on the losing end.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
This is the current Six Samurai deck i run. Unfortunaly i don't have Floodgate Trapholes or Mirror Walls. It does pretty good so far. Double Summon is currently an experiment as i was finding i was sometimes struggling to get the synergy between my Six Samurai if i was on the losing end.
You should take out one Shogun for Chancellor

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should take out one Shogun for Chancellor

This actually dicked me over against burn and massivemorph decks as i couldn't tribute the lava golem if they used my Shogun towards it unless they play a creature and i use Enemy Controller.

This hard counters my deck unless i had that second Shogun. I will swap out the double summon for Chancellor though.

Kvm3ZeK.png

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
BoxDetail_Info00.dds.png

New staples box out in 3 days! No need to go through the old ones again. Good thing I skipped last box lol. Gonna get my 3 Soul Exchanges. :D

image.png
image.png

Edit: the SRs

ruRbAbiOSRzgHOcoZMYz0F5Sjew2ul1aYqUaFpTdIY4.jpg

Last edited:

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think every half/year we can expect such a box now im glad i didn't spend gems on Vulcanic. What i don't like about this box is that they mixed in new cards.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I think every half/year we can expect such a box now im glad i didn't spend gems on Vulcanic. What i don't like about this box is that they mixed in new cards.
Yeah it's apparently gonna be a 240 packs box, so it's gonna be hard to target those specific new cards... Sucks for people who went through the old boxes multiple times. The Dark World deck is gonna be the creditcard deck in this game lol.

SartrG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad the only thing I really want is the Gaia Fusion, but this box has so, so many SRs and UR it's going to be a pain to get.
And I still don't have neither my second Alius nor all the Cloudian cards I need.

Also Zane is roaming now and... is it me or he doesn't really have anything good other than Cyber Repair Plant? Overdragon is nice but won't be used at more than 1 and the others are Cyber Dragon filler.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
Man i wanted to make that dark world deck but wtf is with dark world dealing in a fucking 200 mega box....seriously >>

Moltenix

Oct 27, 2017
Having mixed feelings about that Selections Box. It's great that they put a lot of the staples into one box but...

240 packs. Still only 1 UR per box. I already have 2 of a lot of the good SR's in there.

Been hoarding my gems for the last month or so but I dunno if this box is the right investment. I haven't even touched a bunch of the newer boxes yet.

Tarextherex

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I finally got Destiny Draw AND Duel Standby after playing since basically launch

So many options open up. I can finally play a good Dark Magician deck with Yugi, that's the reason why I even started playing this game in the first place

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got Destiny Draw AND Duel Standby after playing since basically launch

So many options open up. I can finally play a good Dark Magician deck with Yugi, that's the reason why I even started playing this game in the first place
How do you get Destiny Draw with Yugi (I'm assuming you mean Yami Yugi here)? I can't see it on any of his level-up rewards.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017

If you are going to play a Dark Magician deck I would definitely consider Arkana with his Master of Magicians skill. I've been playing with it and it's ridiculous when paired with Dark Magic Curtain.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
How do you get Destiny Draw with Yugi (I'm assuming you mean Yami Yugi here)? I can't see it on any of his level-up rewards.
It's a Drop Skill. You have a small chance of winning it as a Duel Reward when you're playing as Yami Yugi and Duel a Legendary Duelist. You have a higher chance of getting Drop Skill from Level 40 LDs, and every playable character can earn different Drop Skills. Pegasus has one where he starts the match with Toon World on the field, Etc.

Grinding them out can be tedious sometimes but some Drop Skills are VERY good.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having mixed feelings about that Selections Box. It's great that they put a lot of the staples into one box but...

240 packs. Still only 1 UR per box. I already have 2 of a lot of the good SR's in there.

Been hoarding my gems for the last month or so but I dunno if this box is the right investment. I haven't even touched a bunch of the newer boxes yet.

The problem with the new box is that is a huge middle finger to anyone who spent a lot of gems trying to get the staples, especially since they introduced new cards in this. I already have two of most staples I want, but trying to get the Gaia Fusion I want is going to be troublesome seeing that I don't really want a third Mirror Wall or Soul Exchange.

Now imagine how's going to be for those that already have three of the URs to get Dark World Dealings...

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my third E-Con, yisssssss.

I think I'll go check out the GX event now. I haven't been back here since I started this dad-blamed game.

Tarextherex

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
If you are going to play a Dark Magician deck I would definitely consider Arkana with his Master of Magicians skill. I've been playing with it and it's ridiculous when paired with Dark Magic Curtain.

15 levels to go for that... I still had a great record with only one magician's rod and one ancient rules. Guns mentioned in his video about that deck that DDraw might be better. I managed to beat every Arkana that I faced in ranked and they had maxed out the character haha, I think DDraw can make the deck more consistent/less of a glass cannon. More importantly I just wanna stay true to the anime and use my boy Yugi hahaha

For once in forever I had good luck with drop skills. The only relevant one I had was Mai's and it took me like a month of straight farming or so. Got Yugi's after deciding to fight Paradox Bros on a whim(still don't have dimension gate). Got Tea's by fighting a random level 30 Mako with a deck that doesn't even get to 8000 assessment. We got the bonus rewards event so this is a great time to try getting drop skills

Looking forward to the selection box and anniversary rewards

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Damn level 40 Zane keeps beating me on his first turn. Econ why do your forsake me! Two in my deck and they never show up in my opening hand. Mulligan pls.

Just got my third E-Con, yisssssss.

I think I'll go check out the GX event now. I haven't been back here since I started this dad-blamed game.

Where'd you get it?

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Damn level 40 Zane keeps beating me on his first turn. Econ why do your forsake me! Two in my deck and they never show up in my opening hand. Mulligan pls.
Where'd you get it?
It was a Level 40 Kaiba I beat for it, dat Sick Samurai deck doing work. Also, met my first Zane in GX world as a lv40, and he must have been taking it easy on me, since my slightly-modded-with-3-E-Cons Jaden HERO deck mopped him up without issues. Hell, Lv40 Chazz was far harder.

Oh, and if you want a mulligan, level up Keith to Lv20 for his Restart skill. I dunno if it's also a Drop Skill.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
So we can't obtain even one Cyber Dragon or Cyber Twin Dragon? Bummer!

It was a Level 40 Kaiba I beat for it, dat Sick Samurai deck doing work. Also, met my first Zane in GX world as a lv40, and he must have been taking it easy on me, since my slightly-modded-with-3-E-Cons Jaden HERO deck mopped him up without issues. Hell, Lv40 Chazz was far harder.

Oh, and if you want a mulligan, level up Keith to Lv20 for his Restart skill. I dunno if it's also a Drop Skill.

Yeah I've beat him a few times with the same kind of HERO deck.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like all the new cards in the selection box will be in other boxes/structure decks.

Also I managed to get Dark World Dealings in my few packs.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt think i would ever say it again after MGSV

KONAMI TAKE MY MONEY!

Opened my 15 packs.

Sphere Kuriboh nr2 Fuck yeah
Sonic birdo nr 2 Fuck yeah
Senju nr 3 Fuck yeah
double red eyes zombie fuck yeah
Monarch
Dark Horus
other stuff

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
I got
Horus
3rd Kuriboh
2nd & 3rd Power Grasp
3rd Ninja Transformation
New Curse & Gaia
stuff I don't care about

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i did ok out of 9 packs

x1 Horus (New)
x1 Senju of the Thousand Hands
x1 Wild Tornado (New)
x1 Spell Power Grasp (New)
x1 Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke (New)
x1 Xing Zhen Hu (New)
x1 Double Cyclone (New)
x1 Super Rush Headlong
x1 Shard of Greed

The Shard, Super Rush and Senju i already had 1 of, so this set is worth opening to me.

Coming from Hearthstone this is an insane way of celebrating the 1 year anniversary.

When this game does events they do them very well.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I was supposed to get a log-in bonus of 200 Gems today, but didn't. Maybe the anniversary rewards (Holy Shit, btw) glitched them out, or maybe I'll get them later this evening.

You know what? Whatever. The free tickets this week more than make up for any glitches that occur. There's so much to do right now, but first on the list is beating Strings. Back to DM World I go, sorry Zane.

DooD1234

Oct 26, 2017
Is there really no way to get more cards from the selection box with gems after the first 15? I like a god damn mirror wall. To add insult to injury, I'm down to the last 10 packs in Generation Next and still no Floodgate Traphole, I'm scared opening the last 10 only to have the box reset and come out empty handed.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Is there really no way to get more cards from the selection box with gems after the first 15? I like a god damn mirror wall. To add insult to injury, I'm down to the last 10 packs in Generation Next and still no Floodgate Traphole, I'm scared opening the last 10 only to have the box reset and come out empty handed.
You can see if there's any Floodgates left in the remaining packs by scrolling down and looking at the card selection. Any cards that have been exhausted will be greyed out, and if not, the number on the card indicates how many of that card are left in the remaining packs. Don't forget, if you buy the offers (like "10 packs + 1 SR"), the SR/UR card comes from outside the box, so it won't affect your box's totals.

And, considering that this is a CCG (I'm not calling it a TCG since there's no P2P trading yet) and CCGs tend to work that way, you shouldn't be scared to let your wallet do the talking, if you can morally/politically justify it and you think you can afford it. There's a lot of people who can't/won't, so don't feel bad if you're one of them.

BTW, beating Strings was...anticlimactic. Somehow, I expected a tougher duel. Oh well, Slifer the Executive Producer is mine! Now, is there any way to get the big golden chicken anymore, or am I gonna have to wait for the next Battle City event (provided that doesn't cover the whole Noah/Big Five filler mess)? (Although using those rules might be an interesting change of pace, hmm...)

Last edited:

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't get any UR I wanted from the selection box lol, rip. Already had most of the SR I wanted from the other packs. :( Only being able to open 15 packs with gems is pretty lame. Did get the Sky Galloping Gaia fusion card though and picked up a Spiral Spear Strike from the previous event, so that might be fun.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Getting 15 packs for free is lame? What were you expecting, the whole box for free?

Not to mention you're getting free tickets too, isn't it enough?

BrunOz

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I've got from Selection Box:

1x Dark Horus (is this useful for something?)
1x Sonic Bird (have 3 now)
1x Senju (3 now)
1x Mirror Wall (3 now)
1x Soul Release
1x Berlineth (long text, didn't even read lol)
1x Gigantic Cephalotus
2x Shard of Greed (have 5 now FFS)
1x Baloons (got plenty already, what a waste)
1x Sargent Electro (3 now, yay!)

Slifer for free, not even a good challenge like Ra was kinda disappointing
Oh well, need 800 more gems to get my 4 remaining packs, a third Gozuki would be nice.

Moltenix

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled 7 of 15 packs using those 1500 gems they gave out. Of course I didn't get a single UR. Got my 2nd Xing Zhen and have my 3rd Wild Tornado now though. I just barely have enough gems for the remaining 8 packs. Not sure I wanna continue with my luck...

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Im on like stage 55 or so. One of the challenges is to deal 300k of effect damage lol. Its fuggin brutal but im 2/3rds of the way there.

I built a fast burn deck just for the sake of it. Can deplete cpu duelist in 6-8 turns. But i think im gonna switch to gravekeeper vasal and buff him so he does 10k in one attack.

Thank god for bamboo sticks making makeshift decks like this so much faster.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried twice, I got the Gaia fusion I wanted and a Shard of Greed. I'm glad the other new cards are going to be available in other ways and thus I'm not going to try getting anything else.
Spent the rest on the Volcanic pack trying to get the Cloudian cards I want... to no avail.