• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SartrG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im on like stage 55 or so. One of the challenges is to deal 300k of effect damage lol. Its fuggin brutal but im 2/3rds of the way there.

I built a fast burn deck just for the sake of it. Can deplete cpu duelist in 6-8 turns. But i think im gonna switch to gravekeeper vasal and buff him so he does 10k in one attack.

Thank god for bamboo sticks making makeshift decks like this so much faster.

I did that without Vassal, as I traded it early when the game was released... I think I used a Kickfire deck to do that and the "deal 3000" effect damage or so challenges.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately I think this is supposed to basically be an event pack.

"Get a better chance of getting some good old cards along with some future cards early."

Or something
Yeah, really depends on if those new cards will be available in futute boxes. Bought some additional packs with my steam wallet moneys, but u gotta open a new bank account if u want 3 copies of each card from this box lol.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, really depends on if those new cards will be available in futute boxes. Bought some additional packs with my steam wallet moneys, but u gotta open a new bank account if u want 3 copies of each card from this box lol.
Yeah, I'm probably not going to but anything past the packs on sale since getting them later will be cheaper. Especially since some of them are going to be in a structure deck.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Back in after like 200 days of not playing. Totally stuck again.

Any decks that work particularly well with Mai or Tea? I've been using a pretty general deck with Balance on Mai and having fun, just not sure if there's anything I could use that would work to either of their strengths more. Trying to unlock Alexis right now.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Got into the game lately after having ignored any new Yugioh cards (outside of the DDOS The God of Obelisk the Tormentor card) since 2007, and I've been hooked on the single player so far. Was really surprised that there was a card for Gradius and Lord British so I made Jaden's Deck into a Gradius/Lord/Thunder mech deck which makes the matches insanely quick due to how many tokens I can summon. (which in turn lets me attack twice in a way, and adding Lord British I can attack four times in one turn if the situation is right) Unlocked Arkana the other day and have been experimenting with his deck. Now I wanna dig out my old Yugioh deck with Relinquished in it and see if I can copy it in the game... But I don't think the codes on the bottom left unlock anything in DL like they did in the Sacred Cards, do they...

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got into the game lately after having ignored any new Yugioh cards (outside of the DDOS The God of Obelisk the Tormentor card) since 2007, and I've been hooked on the single player so far. Was really surprised that there was a card for Gradius and Lord British so I made Jaden's Deck into a Gradius/Lord/Thunder mech deck which makes the matches insanely quick due to how many tokens I can summon. (which in turn lets me attack twice in a way, and adding Lord British I can attack four times in one turn if the situation is right) Unlocked Arkana the other day and have been experimenting with his deck. Now I wanna dig out my old Yugioh deck with Relinquished in it and see if I can copy it in the game... But I don't think the codes on the bottom left unlock anything in DL like they did in the Sacred Cards, do they...

No, but you can unlock Pegasus who has one in his starter Deck and I think an additional one via level up rewards. Gradius (more like Lord British) decks are fun and quite effective at lower levels, but I'm not sure at higher levels. I stopped using mine quite a while ago... but there's been a lot of Machine support lately, and a lot of the Zane rewards work well with the ships, being LIGHT Machine monsters.

...Now I want to try building ships again.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017

Any decks that work particularly well with Mai or Tea? I've been using a pretty general deck with Balance on Mai and having fun, just not sure if there's anything I could use that would work to either of their strengths more. Trying to unlock Alexis right now.
Mai can use Harpis Hunting ground so any of the more recent Harpy deck builds. She also has that aroma skill that works well with Hazy flame decks.

Tea's Holy Guard skill works well with Gladiator Beast decks and her Duelist Standby skill is popular with a wide variety of decks.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

If you have Balance you should try out Gladiator Beast. That deck works pretty well with a 10 monster card : 10 spell/trap ratio. Basically you run

2 Murmillo
2 Bestiari
2 Dimacari
2 Laquari
then any 2 other monsters of your choice. Could be sphere kuriboh, segeant electro, more gladiator beasts, e.t.c.

then for spell/traps its totally your choice, but run at least 2 Impenetrable Attack cuz that works very well with Gladiators.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you have Balance you should try out Gladiator Beast. That deck works pretty well with a 10 monster card : 10 spell/trap ratio. Basically you run

2 Murmillo
2 Bestiari
2 Dimacari
2 Laquari
then any 2 other monsters of your choice. Could be sphere kuriboh, segeant electro, more gladiator beasts, e.t.c.

then for spell/traps its totally your choice, but run at least 2 Impenetrable Attack cuz that works very well with Gladiators.

I'd say to use a single Murmillo. It's easy to return to the Deck with Essedarii, Augustus if you run it and Impenetrable Attack/Half Shut in a pinch, and the chances that you open with one are lower, since it's one of the gladiators you don't ever want in your hand.

My ratios right now are:

1 Murmillo
2 Bestiari
1 Dimacari
3 Laquari
1 Andal
1 Augustus

But I use Joey with Field of the Warriors, as it makes Laquari a 2000-2300 and Andal a 2100 beatstick right off the bat, which is specially good when you're trying to chip away enemy resources at the beginning of the duel and great draws while topdecking. The only problem is Augustus' level, since it can be great to chip away even more resources with Bestiari/Murmillos in hand, but it's completely dead in hand.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Strings was disappointingly easy. I don't feel like I earned this Slifer...

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'd say to use a single Murmillo. It's easy to return to the Deck with Essedarii, Augustus if you run it and Impenetrable Attack/Half Shut in a pinch, and the chances that you open with one are lower, since it's one of the gladiators you don't ever want in your hand.

My ratios right now are:

1 Murmillo
2 Bestiari
1 Dimacari
3 Laquari
1 Andal
1 Augustus

But I use Joey with Field of the Warriors, as it makes Laquari a 2000-2300 and Andal a 2100 beatstick right off the bat, which is specially good when you're trying to chip away enemy resources at the beginning of the duel and great draws while topdecking. The only problem is Augustus' level, since it can be great to chip away even more resources with Bestiari/Murmillos in hand, but it's completely dead in hand.

Fair enough, you make a good point. And yea both Augustus and Octavius can be great, with Augustus bein better more often, but in the service of consistency they represent a risk. Probably a risk worth taking, but a risk nontheless.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fair enough, you make a good point. And yea both Augustus and Octavius can be great, with Augustus bein better more often, but in the service of consistency they represent a risk. Probably a risk worth taking, but a risk nontheless.

I don't like Octavius. He's too expensive to maintain and it's utility is lower. Augustus is a great beatstick that doesn't have a maintenance cost and can return unwanted gladiators to the hand (plus activating Bestiari and Murmillo's effects).

In terms of Fusions, unlike other decks with an accessible Extra Deck, they're more like a "just in case" instead of a main goal.

Essedarii is good for a beat stick every here and there, especially to get rid of unwanted Murmillos without attacking and other cards that impede attacking, like the masks or even Lava Golem fodder.

Nerokius is nice and guarantees two tags, but is still too costly to rely upon.

Heraklinos is great, but if you're in a position in which you have three monsters on the field, backrow to protect Heraklinos from monster effects (I use two Forbidden Chalice) and at least two cards in hand, you're already in a winning position.

My ratios are 3 Essedarii, 1 Nerokius and 1 Heraklinos.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see that many Gladiators myself. My Six Sam's always did incredibly well against them anyhow.

What I'm seeing a lot of is...

Temple of the Mind's Eye and Control decks with Mindscan.

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
Whew.
My opponent was only 100LP off from killing me Turn 1 with that Woodland Sprite/Bamboo deck.
I suppose I've been lucky, this is only the second time I've come across the deck and the second time I've managed to win on Turn 2.
Then again it might've been the third time, since think I lost to it once, but still 2/3 is still good.

Also, anyone got any good ideas for the all the SR/UR tickets?
I've still got 2 SR Ranked, 2 SR GX, 2 SR Anniversery(1 Pris), and 1 UR GX ticket.
Started playing the last 2 weeks of November and used previous SR Ranked tickets to get Union Attack, Anti-Magic Arrows, and Enemy Controller.

Dambrosi

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. So I go to the Shop to have a gander at the Selection Box, and...well, I think I owe cHinzo an apology. I didn't think they were going to limit us to 15 packs bought with Gems and then that's yer lot, cough up your pennies if you want more, sorry for the misunderstanding mate. Mind you, there's 12 cards to a pack here, so there's that. Hmm, four times the normal Gem price for four times the cards...that sounds about right.

Oh yeah, got my first Prismatic yesterday (a Cerberus), so I built a Cerberus farming deck out of it. It's a slog. Trying to get Pharoah his Destiny Draw. L40 Rex doesn't seem to want to cooperate though. Bummer. Might try Kaiba next.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
I got all the packs I could from gems from the selection box. Got like 4 prismatics, most of them trap cards. I own at least 7 prismatics now. I really wanted another sphere kuriboh.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just for the lulz i put x3 Labyrinth Walls and x3 Archfiend of Gilfers in my Ojama Deck and it works pretty good! Destroy my Ojama Country and i got a 3k defender mwhahah.

Take that you unoriginal copycat decks!

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow. So I go to the Shop to have a gander at the Selection Box, and...well, I think I owe cHinzo an apology. I didn't think they were going to limit us to 15 packs bought with Gems and then that's yer lot, cough up your pennies if you want more, sorry for the misunderstanding mate. Mind you, there's 12 cards to a pack here, so there's that. Hmm, four times the normal Gem price for four times the cards...that sounds about right.

Oh yeah, got my first Prismatic yesterday (a Cerberus), so I built a Cerberus farming deck out of it. It's a slog. Trying to get Pharoah his Destiny Draw. L40 Rex doesn't seem to want to cooperate though. Bummer. Might try Kaiba next.
No biggie mate. Was just disappointing to not get an UR I didn't have yet (damn u Divine Wrath) or being able to get my other 2 Soul Exchanges, because of the gems limitations.

Took me like a month to get Destiny Draw btw lol, but didn't really farm for it. Just auto-dueled every legendary duelists which popped up with Yami and especially during those roaming LD events. U will get it sooner or later. I'm still aiming to get Pegasus' Creator skill. D:

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay first mind eye encounter 20 fucking minute duel! Still won in the end, but my god its like Burns even more disgusting brother.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Okay first mind eye encounter 20 fucking minute duel! Still won in the end, but my god its like Burns even more disgusting brother.

They aren't too bad on my end... just have incredibly careful.

Also, why the fuck hasn't anything been done about Bamboo sword? Like how they fuck do they think this is okay?

EDIT: These Bamboo fuckers are running Storm now. So going first and having Forbidden Chalice and Enemy Controller can't even save you now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Woodland Spirit now hit down to 1 from Jan 24th. I have actually seen Bamboo Mystical Beast Cerberus in play before, just run it with Sorcery Conduit or Draw Sense Light and we still have a annoying as fuck deck.

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Neat...

wDSgvM3l.jpg

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
Man.
I went from 1 win away from getting to KoG back down to Legend 1.
Also, I still have no idea what I should actually use all these SR/UR tickets on.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't bother farming him. Just auto-dueled stuff and took a week off lol. His cards were meh.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the 2 USD (or something around that) 3 Packs + 1 UR and got Volcanic Doomfire as my UR... but at least I got a second Dark World Lightning and Forbidden Dress out of the packs.

Too bad Dark World is expensive as hell to build, and I doubt Doomfire is a good card to run 2 of.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a elemental hero fusion deck and it does not seem to be working. Granted I'm running fusion gate and not polymerisation.

Polymerization is way better, mainly because it is searchable. In my Hero deck I have 2, plus 2 Blazeman, 1 Fusion Recovery Plant or something like that and 2King of the Swamp, so I can almost guarantee at least one in my starting hand.

How does your deck look like? Are you focusing on a single Fusion or do you have one of each?

Shal

Oct 27, 2017
Man im so salty, I only got 1 cyber plant and 1 fusion support from zane zzzz
I couldnt farm him optimally cos I only had 2 unhappy girl, with 3 farming him could have been way easier feelsbadman :(

I wanted to play that OTK overdragon deck :(