• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing for a few days now got some good cards and can easily farm lvl 30 duelists haven't rly played much pvp outside of getting silver 1.

Now my question what's the best thing to spend the crowler EX orbs on?

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Lol i keep losing at gold rank 5 whenever im about to rank up to platinum. Tomorrow do I go back to Rookie when the new season starts?

SartrG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What do you guys think is best for a dragon's (or should I say blue eyes) deck? Kidmodo or totem dragon?
I have two of each but I only have room for 3 more cards in my deck (dont want to go over 20)

I think Kidmodo is better since it's a Special Summon you can do on your opponent's turn. Unless you have some special interaction with Tributes or the banishing effect of Totem Dragon.

Now my question what's the best thing to spend the crowler EX orbs on?

Either Swift Gaia or Anti-Magic Arrows, unless you want to build Ancient Gears and you haven't gotten any AG from his drops (without considering his Level Ups)

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any reason to farm Crowler? I don't think his drops are that good and maxing out the event points is really easy (I'm 500k away and I'm dueling him only every now and then)
You're going to want to max out Knight, Castle, and Beast if you want to do a AG deck.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm terrible at farming lol. I lose about 50% of the time and the times I win usually only barely crack 3k. For Crowler in particular, all my best cards are traps and he makes traps completely useless.

I've fought Crowler a ton of times and I still haven't cracked 2 million.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
mYu3gbj.png

After a cascade of intense midterms I finally had the chance to make the push for KoG. My promo match even surrendered for me, nice guy.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
I think Kidmodo is better since it's a Special Summon you can do on your opponent's turn. Unless you have some special interaction with Tributes or the banishing effect of Totem Dragon.
I'm afraid of those God damn AG doggies though lol, not that many people use them now but who knows in the future.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm afraid of those God damn AG doggies though lol, not that many people use them now but who knows in the future.

Well, they're sure to become a meta deck, but even if they become 100% of the meta decks around, Kidmodo also works when you discard it, so I still think it's better than totem.

I mean, a Totem Dragon destroyed by battle with Beast won't revive the next turn, but you can still trigger Kidmodo's effect with other cards, not just destruction by battle.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Well, they're sure to become a meta deck, but even if they become 100% of the meta decks around, Kidmodo also works when you discard it, so I still think it's better than totem.

I mean, a Totem Dragon destroyed by battle with Beast won't revive the next turn, but you can still trigger Kidmodo's effect with other cards, not just destruction by battle.
Yeah you're right, I really want to get that second ancient rules from mokuba though, but level 35 is a long way, specially since I want to get windstorm from Mai first

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
What I want a 2nd copy of desperately is Blue Flame Swordsman. That card is killer for farm decks because it buffs up your warriors to 2.4k or higher easy. Also great synergy with Red Knight of the Lotus. Also I'm sad rank reset. I was going for 100 wins today but forgot the rest was actually today lol. Time to get KOG again and refine the zombies deck a bit. Struggle with Weevil a lot thanks to the beatdown nature but I think I have the counters without messing up my deck balance.

The new cards for the card trader looks interesting but nothing major. Already got 1 copy of the UR Chaos Hunter. I dunno how to feel about the SR rewards added though. Why couldn't it be B. Flame Swordsman Konami?!?

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'll try to get two Creature Seizure. The Amulet seems nice but other than Ojamas, there's not really any other good, low level deck that can really use it.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Want to try Saffira in Cyber Angels

Probably won't be as consistent without Pre-Preparation of Rites

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I managed to create a decent farming deck using Gravekeeper's Vassal. It's not consistent, but if I pull it off I always grab at least 7k points.

I even managed to use it on a Lv. 40 Crowler and nabbed me some bonus objectives! With the point campaign going on I feel a lot more confident in being able to obtain everything I want out of his event. I'm at 2.5M now, so I think I can make it. Only issue is that I need to decide between using my remaining EX jewels between Ancient Gear Workshop (which I have 2 of) and the SR Gemini summoner card that I can't remember the name of (which I have 1 of). I dunno if I can grab another 150 EX jewels before the event ends. I've managed to obtain 3 copies of everything else Crowler has to offer besides his Golem, of course. Well... I technically only have 2 Emes the Infinity cards now, but I think I can get the one being offered for the event.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only issue is that I need to decide between using my remaining EX jewels between Ancient Gear Workshop (which I have 2 of) and the SR Gemini summoner card that I can't remember the name of (which I have 1 of).

Gemini Scorpion is very, very underwhelming. Unless you have a neat combo with it, I don't recommend getting it. You'd get more mileage out of, say, Herculean Power or Double Summon.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Jaden could really use some skills that make Neo Spacians more playable.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jaden could really use some skills that make Neo Spacians more playable.

Both HERO Emergency and Heroes Never Lose are skills that were datamined and do that, the problem is that they're not available yet.
HERO Emergency
Can be used each time your Life Points are at 2000 or below and you draw a "HERO" or "Neo-Spacian" monster. You can play that monster from your hand immediately.

Heroes Never Lose!
Can be used by discarding 1 card each time your Life Points decrease by 2000. Play Level 7 or higher Warrior-Type monster that can be Normal Summoned from your hand.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
Got to Gold for the 1st time yesterday(never put much effort into it before), now to focus on getting wins so I can get the SR tickets.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Are there any other decks used by generic opponents that are as annoying as Circus Trick? I finally managed to progress enough to get that deck out and these level 33 decks are fortunately fairly easy to brute force my way through, but I seriously do not want to battle a retread of Circus Trick because that is by far the most inconsistent and slogging deck I've had to fight against.

Error404

Oct 29, 2017
Are there any other decks used by generic opponents that are as annoying as Circus Trick? I finally managed to progress enough to get that deck out and these level 33 decks are fortunately fairly easy to brute force my way through, but I seriously do not want to battle a retread of Circus Trick because that is by far the most inconsistent and slogging deck I've had to fight against.

You'll find some more annoying ones the higher up you get, trust me. I think there is Red Eyes Zombie in Stage 50+ which is super easy to get swarmed by.

Error404

Oct 29, 2017
I'm fine with being overpowered; I just hated how Circus Trick would prevent me from attacking for over 5 turns.

Yeah, it's incredibly obnoxious. I don't remember much after that in terms of being locked down. What kind of deck are you auto dueling with? There are some pretty easy to make decks that have pretty consistent win rates in most situations. I'm running one based around Earth Monsters and Gaia Power, along with support cards like Metal Morph, Mirror Wall, Windstorm, Super Rush Headlong.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Jesse is confirmed to be the roaming Duelist next week though it looks like he won't be dropping anything good.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know how to unlock Bastion? Its been annoying. I'll get the 4.5 million for crowler easy but it would have been easier with Bastion.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Gold was a little too competitive for me at the moment (guess cuz the season just started) so I have been grinding my way up the campaign. Stage 21 now. ZZZzzzz

Good news is I'm grinding Mai's levels up too for that trap you all recommended.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Jesse going to be a roaming duelist or an Unlockable duelist like Crowler? I can't think of any interesting rewards he could give, but since there's that datamined skill for Crystal Beasts, I'm kind of worried he won't be unlockable (because I want the gems, mostly)

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Is Jesse going to be a roaming duelist or an Unlockable duelist like Crowler? I can't think of any interesting rewards he could give, but since there's that datamined skill for Crystal Beasts, I'm kind of worried he won't be unlockable (because I want the gems, mostly)
I believe he is roaming. I think we aren't going to get a new Duelist this month since PB and Pegasus are becoming non event legendary duelists.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Just looked up what "errata" was with respect to YGO since I'm a newb and didn't know.

...Catapult Turtle has had its effect changed like 6 times? Is this a joke? LOL

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just looked up what "errata" was with respect to YGO since I'm a newb and didn't know.

...Catapult Turtle has had its effect changed like 6 times? Is this a joke? LOL

It's not really an effect change (other than the last one), but instead the card text was rewritten to make it easier to understand. The only change from its original effect was that it was limited to once per turn instead of as many times as you can, every other text change were variations of "You can Tribute 1 monster to deal damage equal to half its ATK".

There's been some effects changes in the past, I think most if not all of them being Forbidden cards that they added restrictions or negative effects to make them weaker be able to unban them, like Brain Control, Sinister Serpent and Chaos Emperor Dragon.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yeah, it's incredibly obnoxious. I don't remember much after that in terms of being locked down. What kind of deck are you auto dueling with? There are some pretty easy to make decks that have pretty consistent win rates in most situations. I'm running one based around Earth Monsters and Gaia Power, along with support cards like Metal Morph, Mirror Wall, Windstorm, Super Rush Headlong.
Oh, I never autoduel. I don't trust the AI to make good decisions lol.

My deck for the Yu-Gi-Oh side is a standard Warrior deck using Joey's field spell skill, who I am getting pretty close to maxing out. On the GX side I switch between using Jaden and Chazz, who have a Gravekeeper's Vassal's farming deck and an Ojama deck respectively.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing against Téa and Odion stall decks all day. I'm using a Gemini deck and while I can destroy some of their stall monsters and their backrow, their playstyle is boring as hell.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Here is my farm deck which really only struggles with the REs and Sacred Pheonix decks if they don't have backrow or the AI is being stupid. I have a 90% winrate with it vs the regular duelists lol.

QnF73kT.png

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do i use Sphere Kuriboh as a ritual tribute? Every time i try to summon crab turtle Sphere Kuriboh in my graveyard isn't even an option to sacrifice so am i doing something wrong or do i need to manually banish him?

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I never autoduel. I don't trust the AI to make good decisions lol.

My deck for the Yu-Gi-Oh side is a standard Warrior deck using Joey's field spell skill, who I am getting pretty close to maxing out. On the GX side I switch between using Jaden and Chazz, who have a Gravekeeper's Vassal's farming deck and an Ojama deck respectively.

I used to be like you, then I just gave up lol

How do i use Sphere Kuriboh as a ritual tribute? Every time i try to summon crab turtle Sphere Kuriboh in my graveyard isn't even an option to sacrifice so am i doing something wrong or do i need to manually banish him?

Crab turtle needs tribute from field or hand, won't take tributes from graveyard if I understand it correctly

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If I recall correctly, you cannot use "unnecesary" Tributes. If you have two LV4 monsters avaiable, Sphere Kuriboh won't be shown because the necessary tributes are there, but if you had, say, two LV4, 1 LV7 and Sphere Kuriboh n the GY, all of them would show.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I recall correctly, you cannot use "unnecesary" Tributes. If you have two LV4 monsters avaiable, Sphere Kuriboh won't be shown because the necessary tributes are there, but if you had, say, two LV4, 1 LV7 and Sphere Kuriboh n the GY, all of them would show.

That makes sense seems he works best with Relinquished seeing as that's a 1 star ritual monster.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I managed to get everything out of the Crowler event! I even managed to beat him at Lv. 50 (which is good because I've only encountered his Lv. 50 deck like 3 times).

EDIT: Also, my gambling deck is coming along nicely. What I really want now is another Sphere Kuriboh, another Time Wizard, and 2 more Cups of Aces (I'm at stage 35 and only have one...). At least Kaiba was nice enough to give me his third Enemy Controller a few minutes ago, and I used a slightly older version of this deck to get that!

UWBzHRA.jpg

Last edited: