• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SartrG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're also getting Espa Roba tomorrow, right?
I'm really curious about both the Kuriboh Pet and the "Ability to increase Rewards and EXP".

I remember the leaks/datamine guy finding something about "sending your cards on a journey to get more cards/rewards" or something like that, and now I think the Kuriboh thing is going to "consume" cards to get certain bonuses. Since I read that, I have been saving all of my duplicates instead of batch selling at the trader.
The Ability to increase Rewards/EXP sounds more like a Vagrant-like item to buy, especially since the Vagrant was just introduced.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Try your best to end every turn with a fate in your hand, Or preferably set on the board if you can. Spellbook of Eternity is also one of the more important cards despite first appearances, At least in a 30 card deck. Learning how to turn a Fool of prophecy into a reaper and dark magician of chaos (or whatever) on turn one is very satisfying.

As much fun as they are though I still find the 30 card decks to be too luck based.
Thanks for the tips. I built the 30 card variant, and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it. There are a bunch of combos that I need to learn, but I feel like I'm starting to get the general gist of the deck. Fate, in particular, is really powerful if I use it properly. It's just a lot more complex than my old Ice Barrier deck lol.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Man, thie cards in this event are pretty good! Also o really don't follow TCG that much but isn't monster reborn reborn kinda new?

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, thie cards in this event are pretty good! Also o really don't follow TCG that much but isn't monster reborn reborn kinda new?

Yes, it was released one or two TCG sets ago, I think it was a World Premiere card too.
And this event is great, they should make more like it. I got a Monster Reborn Reborn from my second batch of rewards, a bunch of gems and I'm still yet to unlock Espa Roba.

P.D. Spellcasters rule, dragons drool.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, it was released one or two TCG sets ago, I think it was a World Premiere card too.
And this event is great, they should make more like it. I got a Monster Reborn Reborn from my second batch of rewards, a bunch of gems and I'm still yet to unlock Espa Roba.

Yeah this event is awesome, I hope they do something similar for the next tag duels event.

I just realized that Psychic Shockwave isn't available on this event (neither as Espa level up rewards), I have 3 copies of it myself but it sucks for those that weren't around the first time he showed up.

P.D. Spellcasters rule, dragons drool.

I don't know, my team hasn't lost a single time yet :P

team dragons ftw

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just realized that Psychic Shockwave isn't available on this event (neither as Espa level up rewards), I have 3 copies of it myself but it sucks for those that weren't around the first time he showed up.

You can still get additional copies using WC2018 SR Tickets, and maybe it will be available later once Espa Roba is added to the Gate.

---

They also datamined the 5Ds main characters, plus Duke and Lumis/Umbra from Battle City. Granted, other characters such as Yugi's Grandpa have been datamined before, but it seems we're getting 5D's and Synchros soon.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So close to getting Black Rose Dragon and Red Archfiend Dragon.

I really hope we get them in their Starter Decks and not as part of an event or something. Characters like Yusei with Junk Warrior and Crow with all of his Blackwing Synchros have monsters that could be used as their Ace cards for Starter Decks and leave the signer dragons for events or something, especially Black Rose Dragon, since its nuke effect is the strongest of the bunch.

---

I was checking my collection and realized I haven't gotten a single Gravekeeper's Recruiter or Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast after 500 days of playing, but I have at least 3 of every other card from all LDs
I'm tempted to build Gravekeepers (were any of you active when they were the Deck to beat?), especially now that Silent Magician is available.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have much time to spend on a pvp event, so I went with a suicide deck to rack up those points and rewards.

8e85bd89d3.jpg

Nice contribution guys

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
They shoulda gave people more of an incentive to use proper themed decks for the team you choose. Whats the point if your just gonna use meta decks.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
They shoulda gave people more of an incentive to use proper themed decks for the team you choose. Whats the point if your just gonna use meta decks.
Yeah, the bonus points they gave you if you use your team deck are laughable.
I mean I've been using a deck of the team I choose but yeah not much reason to do so.

Last edited:

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
25 shit points lol. Better to just use the meta decks like I do to spam the wins. Also BS that beast won over warriors.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
25 shit points lol. Better to just use the meta decks like I do to spam the wins. Also BS that beast won over warriors.
I'm not really into meta decks and don't have anything fun to play atm. Was messing around with my E. Heroes fusion deck at the beginning, which was fun, but also slow. Also, Tristan > Joey lol.

Did manage to get everything I wanted this event.

cc6b825c00.jpg

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have 11 Pulse Mines, 5 Heartless Drop Off and 4 Monster Reborn Reborn, yet only 2 Battle of the Elements, and one of them was because of the cumulative rewards!
I'm having great fun with this event, despite the ridiculous amount of Fur Hire and Amazoness I've been facing.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I have 11 Pulse Mines, 5 Heartless Drop Off and 4 Monster Reborn Reborn, yet only 2 Battle of the Elements, and one of them was because of the cumulative rewards!
I'm having great fun with this event, despite the ridiculous amount of Fur Hire and Amazoness I've been facing.

My psychic deck has helped me against Spellbooks and Amazoness.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a Fires of Doomsday and added it to my Access Denied Gandora deck. Now I have another way of summoning Gandora and the tokens also help with stalling. I'm having fun again. :D

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're finally starting to get the Omni-Heroes, plus the other weak Elemental Hero fusions, plus the good Gem-Knight cards!

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
The event on this games are terrible. If you are going to make themed decks, make people use those decks. Playing fur hires on every game is way to boring... The meta just changed from Sylvans to Fur Hires...

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god, these auto-duel changes are pretty nice. They need to stop nerfing the gems rewards though. U can never get enough gems. D:

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Damn it, I missed getting Roba. Haven't played as much due to the flood of Sylvans and instead of introducing a Plant killer card they just mildly nerfed them, so I forget about all these events. D:

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
They are? The cards are still usable though, which still makes me nervous, and I saw a Rose Lover while battling in the event earlier.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
They are? The cards are still usable though, which still makes me nervous, and I saw a Rose Lover while battling in the event earlier.
If they use Rose Lover, they can't use any Enemy Controllers or Marshalleafs to pop ur monsters and they also only can play 2 of them. Sylvans lost like a third of their deck with the nerfs lol. They're dead.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
They really need to make extra deck 7 or 8 for Jaden

Edit: I thought Slyvaans were bad, fuck Fur Hires.

Last edited:

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Awful rewards. Either they want to milk the cow before it dies or they just want to kill all f2p.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Awful rewards. Either they want to milk the cow before it dies or they just want to kill all f2p.
I spend money during sales occasionally, but they're not giving me any incentive to spend money when the free rewards are this bad lol. Getting only 1 gem as a reward is not making me spend more Konami!

Also, whoever uses Für Hires as a defending deck, I'm skippin y'all. Wiz is pretty broken.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The single Gem as a reward is a joke. Not even if you have amazing luck will you get more than 300 gems during the event with the previous Gem rewards and even if you do, 10 "free" packs will rarely be of any use.
I haven't spend much but I have, but in my opinion this is completely contraproductive. I see spending real money as a "complement" of spending gems, buying the UR + 3 packs deals and sometimes the SR + X packs AFTER I've already spent quite an amount of Gems. If we get less gems, my chances of getting what I want using real money are lower, and thus not worth it.

I hope they'll reconsider, and remember to tell them in any chance you have during the surveys!