• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Good idea, will have to incorporate that. Amazoness and Fur Hires are my most hated decks atm. Low effort decks that don't require much at all imo.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Good idea, will have to incorporate that. Amazoness and Fur Hires are my most hated decks atm. Low effort decks that don't require much at all imo.
Fur Hires are terrible. They just braindead special summon each other while popping ur field and Wiz' effect is dumb. I wished they turned the powerlevel of these kind of decks down, so other decks can shine.

SartrG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fur Hires are too "safe" to play, just like Amazoness and Sylvans before them. They don't have much variation in their deck because their strategy works, requires little to no setup and provides easy pluses by destroying the opponent cards, has a way of negating or dodging stuff and an easily summonable Beater.

Fur Hires are really new in the TCG and come from a format in which you can easily set-up your field in case of a nuke, but we are no way near that kind of plays in this game, yet mass destruction strategies such as Fur Hire and Sylvans or grinding games such as Amazoness and Geargia become more prevalent, making their only "counter" decks that can OTK like D-Heroes and Archfiends the only decks that can compete against them, leaving older, slower meta decks such as Red-Eyes and Phoenix behind along many, many rogue decks.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't expect them to release Cyber Dragon, but I'm rather annoyed by their decision of reducing overall Gem rewards.

I don't play meta decks, but I like to build new decks every once in a while. With reduced gems I can't get anything I want and I have no reason to spend real money because I will surely not get anything useful buying 3-10 packs and 2 random SRs from a 200 packs box and with the latest reduced amount of gems we've gotten you can't even make a dent in a large box.

I hope they either fix this or introduce new ways of earning Gems soon.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Red Archfiend Dragon doesn't get the same treatment.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's a boss monster that has no replacements (like the whole family of Cyber Dragon replacements we have) and it's the iconic card of the character.

I think the problem is HOW it's going to be distributed. I mean, with current developments regarding Gems and the missing Cyber Dragon (even if I said I didn't think they would release it), the idea of them giving Jack a different Boss monster (such as, I don't know, Multiple Piece Golem or one of his dragon Synchros like the one that cannot be destroyed by battle) and making Red Archfiend either an event card (like the Egyptian Gods), a Box UR (like Volcanic Doomfire) or worse, an EX Structure card isn't that far off.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Well, I am giving up on duel links. Terrible reward system and horrible meta. No good PvP modes, or anything interesting to play. I guess Konami is reducing the amount of gems, since the player count is way to low on Steam (4-5k) and since whales are not much than 1-5% of the users, they are probably not making much money.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What? Raigeki is finally available in Duel Links?
I think it's available as one of the "bonus" cards to be added to your deck with the new event (?) item, it adds one of those really good cards during a duel and I guess it's PvE only.

Well, I am giving up on duel links. Terrible reward system and horrible meta. No good PvP modes, or anything interesting to play. I guess Konami is reducing the amount of gems, since the player count is way to low on Steam (4-5k) and since whales are not much than 1-5% of the users, they are probably not making much money.
I think they're about to add 5Ds to the game and hopefully that'll bring people back to the game, but I agree that meta is terrible and the lowered rewards are just as bad. I still have fun building decks and playing on PvE events, but even I know that they've made some really bad decisions in the last few months and they're driving people away from the game.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
PVP has been damn near unplayable for me lately. I'd rather lose to due to Fur Hires than lose cuz of a weird connection failure which doesn't make sense since I'm playing the Steam version and my internet has been stable as fuck. Also, PVE has been stuttering like crazy.

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This is more related to the actual game (well, Legacy of the Duelist), but I was wondering, if I had 5 face down Ghostricks on the field, and I flipped let's say 2 Lanterns, then 3 Skeletons, would I be able to banish 3 cards, for the first skeleton flip, 4 for the second, and 5 for the third in the same turn?

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is more related to the actual game (well, Legacy of the Duelist), but I was wondering, if I had 5 face down Ghostricks on the field, and I flipped let's say 2 Lanterns, then 3 Skeletons, would I be able to banish 3 cards, for the first skeleton flip, 4 for the second, and 5 for the third in the same turn?

No, because Ghostrick Skeleton has a "hard limit" of once per turn. If a card says "You can only activate this effect once per turn" or "Once per turn, you can..." you can activate that card effect once per turn per card of that name, so, for example, if "Sangan" had an effect that says "Once per turn, you can draw one card", you can activate the effect of three different Sangan during your turn if you control them. But if a card says "You can only use this effect of [the monster's name] once per turn" or "You can only activate the effect of a card with this name once per turn" (or something like that), no matter how many different copies of a card you control, if they all have the same name, you can only activate one of them.

In your case, because Ghostrick Skeleton has that restriction, only the first one to be flipped up would activate its effect.

---

So, with the 1.5x EXP and spending 15 Genex Icons (or whatever the Event currency is called) against Lv10 Zane, you get up to 2250 EXP per duel, the equivalent of a Vagabond and still has a (small) chance of dropping SR packs and Gems. I just read about that earlier today and I've already gotten more gems this way than what I got from the Gladiator event...

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
No, because Ghostrick Skeleton has a "hard limit" of once per turn. If a card says "You can only activate this effect once per turn" or "Once per turn, you can..." you can activate that card effect once per turn per card of that name, so, for example, if "Sangan" had an effect that says "Once per turn, you can draw one card", you can activate the effect of three different Sangan during your turn if you control them. But if a card says "You can only use this effect of [the monster's name] once per turn" or "You can only activate the effect of a card with this name once per turn" (or something like that), no matter how many different copies of a card you control, if they all have the same name, you can only activate one of them.

In your case, because Ghostrick Skeleton has that restriction, only the first one to be flipped up would activate its effect.

---

So, with the 1.5x EXP and spending 15 Genex Icons (or whatever the Event currency is called) against Lv10 Zane, you get up to 2250 EXP per duel, the equivalent of a Vagabond and still has a (small) chance of dropping SR packs and Gems. I just read about that earlier today and I've already gotten more gems this way than what I got from the Gladiator event...

Ah, OK, thanks for explaining. The last Yu-Gi-Oh thing I touched was Joey the Passion and Kaiba the Revenge on PC back when they were new, and the OG Pegasus deck in terms of physical, so I'm very much out of the loop.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, OK, thanks for explaining. The last Yu-Gi-Oh thing I touched was Joey the Passion and Kaiba the Revenge on PC back when they were new, and the OG Pegasus deck in terms of physical, so I'm very much out of the loop.

Don't worry, most of it is just reading comprehension. They actually introduced the "problem solving card text" in newer sets and games to help with this, with only some of the more in-depth rules and mechanics (such as the difference between the Damage Step and the Battle Step or the Missing the Timing clause) just requiring a quick check of the rules.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently a new character is coming in mid-September, with the hint "let me show you my love".

Any idea who it is? Blair Flannigan from GX? Some thirsty character from original YGO?

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I traded my Kuriboh ticket for a prismatic Archfiend Empress. If only Red Eyes Insight or Solemn Scolding were available as rewards for this event, that would've been nice.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I traded my Kuriboh ticket for a prismatic Archfiend Empress. If only Red Eyes Insight or Solemn Scolding were available as rewards for this event, that would've been nice.

Nice choice. I got a prismatic Destiny Hero Dasher, I already had one so now I have the two copies I use prismatic. I'm trying to make a full prismatic "playable deck".

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
So I quit the game about a week or so ago, but I'm impressed at how much Konami has gone out of its way to nerf gem drops at every level event over event for the past month or two.

Last edited:

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
The game used to be great for f2p players. Lots of free gem rewards during events. Events going on all the time with some of them even overlapping each other. I have no clue what happened behind the scenes, but they just decided to straight up kill the player base with these gem nerfs. Hope they're happy, but I'm not putting much effort into playing the game anymore, let alone spend money on it lol.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They had a good model. F2P could compete and paying players had access to more cards and way faster than what F2P could get, even during the early days when they used to give out a bunch of gems at every opportunity and F2P were "motivated" to spend real money to get the missing pieces after spending their gems.

I hope they realize they're killing the game before it's too late.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, the upcoming Mini Box will feature vampire support and will introduce the Inzektor archetype to Duel Links.

Yeah. I've been using Vampires for quite a while as a fun deck, and never expected them to bring some of the new cards. My only problem now is the gem income and a bigger box.
I mean, I want to keep playing and making fun decks, but reduced income means less new cards, which means less new options to make fun decks...

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah. I've been using Vampires for quite a while as a fun deck, and never expected them to bring some of the new cards. My only problem now is the gem income and a bigger box.
I mean, I want to keep playing and making fun decks, but reduced income means less new cards, which means less new options to make fun decks...

I'm disappointed that Vampire Sorcerer won't able be in this mini-box.

300px-VampireSorcerer-DASA-EN-SR-1E.png

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's an unconfirmed leak about 5D's skills and most of them look usable at the very least. Seems Synchro is not that far down the line and some skills even work like Meet my Family (or whatever the "add one of each Crystal Beast and Rainbow Dragon to your deck" skill is called), so good news RedHoodedOwl!

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
There's an unconfirmed leak about 5D's skills and most of them look usable at the very least. Seems Synchro is not that far down the line and some skills even work like Meet my Family (or whatever the "add one of each Crystal Beast and Rainbow Dragon to your deck" skill is called), so good news RedHoodedOwl!

LOL! I Want My Red Archfiend Dragon!

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Getting back to 10k gems takes a long ass time now with the gem nerfs. Are Vampires really fun? I got 3 Gozukis, but only 5k gems and the new main box is coming out soon too. Not sure if it's worth the investment. :/

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting back to 10k gems takes a long ass time now with the gem nerfs. Are Vampires really fun? I got 3 Gozukis, but only 5k gems and the new main box is coming out soon too. Not sure if it's worth the investment. :/

I think they are. I've been testing them with one of each SR and 3 Gozuki and I find them fun, mainly because they don't have a brain-dead style of play like Sylvan or Fur Hire but more of a "Alright, what can I do with what I have" combos. Even then, I'm not completely sure they're worth an investment if you want a competitive deck, especially with the new box with Mermails and U.A. coming next month...

I'd say that if you want a fun deck, Vampires are really fun, but if you want a competitive deck, I'd wait for the next box.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SartrG What are your thoughts on the Duelist Challenges?

I like them very much. I loved them in the DS games and I love that they're way harder than the quizzes we get when we get a new pack. I think my biggest issue with them is that with the limited cardpool we have and the bigger emphasis on archetypes of newer packs, there's not much room for innovative uses for unique cards but instead they're focused on "different" uses for archetypal cards, like what they did for Bedwyr in the latest challenge.

I wish we had more of them and in a more frequent basis, perhaps adding them to the weekly missions or something like that.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
After Yubel's debut, who will be the next major GX villain to appear in Duel Links? Professor Viper, Sartorius, or Nightshroud?

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
After Yubel's debut, who will be the next major GX villain to appear in Duel Links? Professor Viper, Sartorius, or Nightshroud?
I think Sartorious may have been datamined at some point along with Tyranno Hassleberry and Syrus Truesdale (who wasn't in the game yet at the time), but it was just their names and no other details. Honestly I dunno how many other GX characters you should expect after Yubel ; Duel Links is probably going to shift their focus to 5D's characters very soon.

SartrG

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'd love to see what they can do to make Arcana Force and Venom monsters more useful with skills. I know nothing about Nightshroud to comment on it.
IIRC, other characters have been datamined and are yet to make an appeareance such as Yugi's Grandpa and Duke so I don't think we've seen all of the characters to be available from previous generations, although I do agree with Thores that once we get Yubel the 5D's characters are going to take precedence, and to be honest I'm perfectly OK with that. 5D's in my opinion introduced a lot of interesting decks and strategies that I'd love to see in Duel Links, especially those that fell short in the TCG but can be given new life using skills and the limited card pool we have in Duel Links.