• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
"Oh man, a Vagabond with the "no monster effect" rule, I'll just autoplay it for fast exp"

Auto-duel bot wins

"How the fuck...?!?"

(Thanks Cockledoodledoo.)

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Currently running an Alien deck and having a lot of fun with it but just bought the structure deck with Despacito Barrel Dragon so I wanna have some fun with that while leveling up some characters.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Some videos from Worlds

Dkayed got sent back to Fortnite.

Kobayashi came out on top.

Updated Ban List (Effective August 27th):
- Legend of the Six Samurai - Enishi (2) (Semi-Limited)
New mini box: Curse of Dread
Vendreads stalk the night, preying on the souls of the wicked. Evil is crushed by their immortal might!

Last edited:

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Little weird we didn't get a Duel Links World reveal at the World Championship this time. Hope it's coming sooner than later.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
New event! Tag Duel Tournament!
9jZ4OR0.png

Cumulative rewards:
RZ7Bz7V.png

jROZ4xT.png

glTAzXF.png

Last edited:

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
New event! Tag Duel Tournament!
9jZ4OR0.png

Cumulative rewards:
RZ7Bz7V.png

jROZ4xT.png

GX Cup information available August 18th. Link has card reward info.
Your efforts to keep this thread alive are much appreciated.

I'm currently in a phase where I'm playing enough to earn the daily rewards, but not much besides that. I could really use something to shake the game up, like a new World, or even raising the 5D's level cap or something.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's because every deck that I go up against wipes your board or banishes all the monsters on your turn. Super frustrating.
Yeah, lot of Metaphys, Ancient Gear, and Six Samurai right now. Meta's currently really repetitive and uninteresting.

I personally make an effort to come up with weird decks that aren't seeing heavy use right now, but I never get much farther than Platinum rank as a result.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Your efforts to keep this thread alive are much appreciated.

I'm currently in a phase where I'm playing enough to earn the daily rewards, but not much besides that. I could really use something to shake the game up, like a new World, or even raising the 5D's level cap or something.
Thank you! I'll keep doing my best to keep things updated. I'm pretty into it right now after coming off of a long hiatus. Currently running a Triamid deck that is in no way optimized but it has gotten me to Silver 1 (highest I've ever been, always been too scared to PVP)

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
Really want to make a vendread deck but man it was so tempting to dip harder on boxes...

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Duel Quest is here!
n4QqrjW.jpg

Event Information
  • This event takes place from August 19 to August 29
  • Gain points by dueling every day, accumulate points to receive rewards!
  • 100 new floors are unlocked every day at 1am EST.
  • You don't earn any points from dueling against Vagrants.
  • If you surrender a Duel, you will not receive any scores for that Duel.
iXsvmGG.png

Ivan2Nguyen

Oct 25, 2017
I played a lot back in the day. I think I dropped off around the time of synchro summons. I've downloaded this game a little while ago and I want to focus towards one deck. Is there a good deck to work towards that plays towards the old strengths?

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
I played a lot back in the day. I think I dropped off around the time of synchro summons. I've downloaded this game a little while ago and I want to focus towards one deck. Is there a good deck to work towards that plays towards the old strengths?
Aliens, Blue Eyes, Red Eyes, Desperado, Neos with Neos Fusion. Currently I play Triamids and I really like it. Very fun. It's just effect monsters and spell cards with some clever traps.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
New event this time with a new 5D's character to get. She's event exclusive, so be sure to grind!

This event takes place from August 26th to September 5th.

Unlock Carly at 280,000 Points!

Drops:
Effect Monsters

• Fortune Lady Earth
  • Fortune Lady Light
  • Fortune Lady Wind
  • Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu
Traps
  • Alter of the Bound Deity
  • Earthbound Wave
  • Inherited Fortune
  • Fortune Lady Rewind
Magic
  • Time Passage
Monsters
  • LaMoon
  • Eldeen
Also there's a new box that was leaked! Valhalla Calling! There is a ton of info here along with new skills that were part of the data mine and I have no idea how to make that look good formatted here, so check it out on the site.

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Question.
I played it for the first month really excessively and then dropped it. Now I want to get into it again but with 20x as many card packs and features, where do I start? I still have 3700 premium currency left and have no idea which packs I should buy.
Any help to get back into it?

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Question.
I played it for the first month really excessively and then dropped it. Now I want to get into it again but with 20x as many card packs and features, where do I start? I still have 3700 premium currency left and have no idea which packs I should buy.
Any help to get back into it?
I highly recommend DuelLinksMeta for finding what to run if you want to build specific top meta decks. Great site that tells you where the cards are located in what packs. They also have a very helpful guide page that covers a ton of stuff.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the characters that have been datamined for the DSOD World, if anyone's interested:

Seto Kaiba (DSOD)
Mokuba Kaiba (DSOD)
Yugi Muto (DSOD)
Joey Wheeler (DSOD)
Tea Gardener (DSOD)
Aigami
Sera
Unknown Duelist
Scud

Keep in mind that:
a) Some of the listed characters are probably event characters that won't be available when the World launches.
b) This isn't necessarily all the characters that the DSOD World will ever receive, new characters get added onto each World's list all the time.

I haven't watched the movie yet so I don't know who any of the new characters are, or how the DSOD versions of existing characters might be different. I'll probably watch Dark Side of Dimensions this week to try to hype myself up for the update.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Here's the characters that have been datamined for the DSOD World, if anyone's interested:

Seto Kaiba (DSOD)
Mokuba Kaiba (DSOD)
Yugi Muto (DSOD)
Joey Wheeler (DSOD)
Tea Gardener (DSOD)
Aigami
Sera
Unknown Duelist
Scud

Keep in mind that:
a) Some of the listed characters are probably event characters that won't be available when the World launches.
b) This isn't necessarily all the characters that the DSOD World will ever receive, new characters get added onto each World's list all the time.

I haven't watched the movie yet so I don't know who any of the new characters are, or how the DSOD versions of existing characters might be different. I'll probably watch Dark Side of Dimensions this week to try to hype myself up for the update.
Thank you for this! I watched the movie on Hulu not long ago and it was AWESOME! Highly recommend. Looking forward to seeing Aigami and seeing Tea's DSOD version (which looks light years better imo)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I highly recommend DuelLinksMeta for finding what to run if you want to build specific top meta decks. Great site that tells you where the cards are located in what packs. They also have a very helpful guide page that covers a ton of stuff.

Thank you, very interesting to read. Decided to use this deck as a starting point.

2y1gCas.jpg

Which works pretty good at the moment and is pretty fun to use.

Already played through the dungeon event in the last 24 hours.

lp7jfdp.jpg

And I'm already 1.2 millions into the other event.

S3UFxEc.jpg

The UR card that you're supposed to get at 2.6 already dropped at around 800k. :D

Not a bad start I think.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Ohp, finally feeling burned out on the game again. Haven't played in a few days. It's hard to be excited about KC Cup when the meta's gotten so repetitive.

Do either of the currently running events (Mission Circuit, Fabulous Pegasus) have any "must-get" cards that I'll regret not picking up later?

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
Ohp, finally feeling burned out on the game again. Haven't played in a few days. It's hard to be excited about KC Cup when the meta's gotten so repetitive.

Do either of the currently running events (Mission Circuit, Fabulous Pegasus) have any "must-get" cards that I'll regret not picking up later?
Only toon dark magician if you play toons

Thores

Oct 25, 2017

Trailer for the Dark Side of Dimensions World.

It doesn't show the actual world? But at least seems to implicitly confirm that Yugi Muto, Kaiba, and Aigami will be characters.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
I used my dream ticket to get a copy of Scrap Factory.
Hey man you never answered my question. I'm still curious.

Even though this World has the smallest amount of starting content yet (only three characters unlockable at first.. maybe four?), I do appreciate that they went all out on the presentation. The new character art looks great, and I appreciate that both Seto and Mokuba have new voice lines and music tracks instead of recycling assets from the DM World. I also loved the Event that unlocked DSOD, the unique music for it was a pleasant surprise. I'm looking forward to getting new DSOD content, hopefully it doesn't make the wait for ZEXAL excruciating.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Hey man you never answered my question. I'm still curious.

Even though this World has the smallest amount of starting content yet (only three characters unlockable at first.. maybe four?), I do appreciate that they went all out on the presentation. The new character art looks great, and I appreciate that both Seto and Mokuba have new voice lines and music tracks instead of recycling assets from the DM World. I also loved the Event that unlocked DSOD, the unique music for it was a pleasant surprise. I'm looking forward to getting new DSOD content, hopefully it doesn't make the wait for ZEXAL excruciating.

Sorry, I was referring that Synchros were useless in the meta.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The Dark Side of Dimensions world is disappointing.

- No new NPC duelists

- Seto, Mokuba, and Scud are the only available characters

- It's just the original Yugioh with a new hat.