• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Now on Steam!

uH0FwTZ.png

Developer/Publisher: Konami Digital
Global Release Date:
  • Mobile: January 11, 2017
  • Steam: November 17, 2017
Platforms: Android 4.4+, iOS 8.0+, Steam
Availability: Global in 150 countries
Supported Languages: Japanese, English, Chinese, French, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German
Useful Links:
Store Links: Android, iOS, Steam

wUvqOha.png

Take on global Duelists in real-time and while on the go with "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links"!
- Star-studded lineup includes: Yugi, Kaiba, Joey, Mai and more!
- Voices from the anime heighten the Dueling experience!
- Intuitive controls for beginners! Depth to satisfy "Yu-Gi-Oh!" veterans!
- Signature monsters feature stunning 3D animations!
- Build your ultimate Deck and aim for the top!
Step into a world that crosses dimensions and connects all Duelists. Here, any location transforms into a Duel Field where heated Duels unfold!

4Ln9NyC.png

-Duels
The "Yu-Gi-Oh!" TCG (Trading Card Game) is redefined on mobile with newly designed, intuitive controls optimized for mobile devices! Also, signature monsters like the "Dark Magician" and "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" make their appearance with dynamic visuals!
A speed-dueling format featuring three spaces for monsters and spells/traps and a LP total of 4000 is used in the game.

-Single Campaign (Duel World)
Enjoy Dueling with your favorite characters from the "Yu-Gi-Oh!" world and complete Stage missions to earn various rewards!
New cards can be obtained in the Shop!

-Duelists
Challenge Yugi, Kaiba, Joey, Mai and other legendary Duelists! Complete specific missions to unlock and use these characters!
Earn Skills and rewards by leveling up your favorites and aim for mastery!

-Online PvP
With "Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links," engage in heated Duels anytime and anywhere with players from around the world! Climb through the rankings and take your place as the Duel World King!

-Decks
Use the cards that you collect in-game to build and edit your trusty Deck to take on opponents!
Stay tuned for future card additions!

dW0lie5.png

More questions to be added as the thread progresses!

Can I use my mobile Duel Links account in the PC version?
Yes! Be sure to tie your mobile account to a Konami account to transfer your data.
You can find a handy visual guide on how to do this here!

Is there a primer for a player just starting out?

What is gold for?
You can spend gold to buy cards from the crad trader, who is unlocked at Stage 7. He has exclusive cards that sometimes require elemental Stones to unlock as well.

How do I unlock (Insert character)?
Please see the database here for more information on Legendary Duelists.
While many can be unlocked by progression in the game, some are event exclusive so you will have to wait until the event comes back around (They cycle pretty often) to have your shot atr unlocking them!

Some tips from PogChamp:

• You can get gems randomly from 4 spots on the main hub - the fountain, the lights, the top of the card shop and the garbage can. They refill randomly.
  • Watch the duel replay on the second screen once every day for 5 gems.
  • Play the daily duel in the first screen for random rewards like gems or keys.
  • The card trader unlocks at stage 7 and resets every 8 hours. The cards he has in stock each reset are random, if you can't find the one you are looking for all you can do is wait for it to eventually show up.
  • Go to settings and turn Self-Chain ON and the toggle button ON. Self-Chain on will give you more options and the toggle button will allow you to hide information from your opponents. If you have a trap you don't want to activate this turn, without the toggle the game will ask you if you want to activate and you back out of the prompt. That brief pause gives your opponent information that you have a trap which can be activated in that phase. If you set your toggle to OFF the prompt won't show up and your opponent won't be given any information about your trap.
  • Important level up rewards include: Windstorm of Etaqua at lvl 25 from Mai, Polymerization at lvl 8 from Joey, Metalmorpha at lvl 25 from Bandit Keith
  • Follow this guide to learn how to farm the lvl 40 duelists for their rewards: http://www.duellinksmeta.com/farm.html

Last edited:

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow perfect timing. Been looking for a mobile game while I wait for AC. Is this game newcomer friendly or am I screwed if I haven't played the game/watch the anime in like a decade?

Shorty11857

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow perfect timing. Been looking for a mobile game while I wait for AC. Is this game newcomer friendly or am I screwed if I haven't played the game/watch the anime in like a decade?

Cards are mostly classic cards so you won't have issues there. Can require a bit of grinding to get a good deck but it's fun.

OP
OP
Dandy Crocodile

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
You can hop right in! Might take some work to get up to top-tier competitive levels but there's lots of fun to be had dueling early on. Plus you can stick in just the OG YGO world if you like!

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Woop, I missed Duel Links OT!

I've been playing the Crowler event all day and have him unlocked already. He has a solid deck strategy, but I mostly just love how awful he is lore-wise. His voice actor sounds the same too, but funnily enough he's the sole uncredited character in the credits. His voice actor is listed as "Dr. Crowler". Is it a soundalike, or was the voice of Goku too embarrassed to admit publicly he was voicing this weirdo again?

OP
OP
Dandy Crocodile

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I read probably half of the GX manga when it ran in Shonen Jump and I literally never realized Crowler was a guy...

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
Cards are mostly classic cards so you won't have issues there. Can require a bit of grinding to get a good deck but it's fun.

You can hop right in! Might take some work to get up to top-tier competitive levels but there's lots of fun to be had dueling early on. Plus you can stick in just the OG YGO world if you like!
Alright cool, downloading now.

Time to have Pot of Greed explained to me 200 times

OP
OP
Dandy Crocodile

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I'm not even sure if that card is in the game yet though admittedly I haven't fully researched the most recent pack releases.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I made it over just in time to talk about Crowler.

Woop, I missed Duel Links OT!

I've been playing the Crowler event all day and have him unlocked already. He has a solid deck strategy, but I mostly just love how awful he is lore-wise. His voice actor sounds the same too, but funnily enough he's the sole uncredited character in the credits. His voice actor is listed as "Dr. Crowler". Is it a soundalike, or was the voice of Goku too embarrassed to admit publicly he was voicing this weirdo again?

At least they didn't list him as Mister Crowler. He didn't get a phd in dueling for people to call him mister.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Just downloaded this today. Played a buncha level 1 cpu opponents and Joey. Very easy so far.

The production values are impressive.

OP
OP
Dandy Crocodile

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Just downloaded this today. Played a buncha level 1 cpu opponents and Joey. Very easy so far.

The production values are impressive.
If you want a bit of challenge the duel school has some interesting puzzles to solve! NPCs start getting harder above like stage 20 I think but it's not hard to get there.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Man, I wish there was a way to share replays because I just did an awesome comeback when my life points were at 100 while my opponent had the full 4000.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I wish there was a way to share replays because I just did an awesome comeback when my life points were at 100 while my opponent had the full 4000.
Niiice.

At least video capture will be easier when the PC version comes out by the end of the year. That way, you can save replays on your phone, then rewatch it on your computer with OBS or something. I'm looking forward to being able to show you guys my Ojama nonsense.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Used to post on Pojo forums like 12 or 13 years ago. During the Invasion of Chaos days. Never thought I would get back into Yugioh lol

eLzFR98.jpg

Never forget.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Has anything changed in the past few months? I played this for a while (up to Pegasus) and it was pretty fun and nostalgic, but I burnt out on it. Maybe it was when I battled Mai and remembered her voice actress change that broke me.

OP
OP
Dandy Crocodile

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Has anything changed in the past few months? I played this for a while (up to Pegasus) and it was pretty fun and nostalgic, but I burnt out on it. Maybe it was when I battled Mai and remembered her voice actress change that broke me.
Multiple events with new characters, a few new packs to buy, and the world of YGO GX have all been added!

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a prismatic Engineer. I think this is the first time I've gotten a prismatic from a drop.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing this since yesterday thanks the the twitch marathon and i'm having a blast. Still haven't tried the pvp yet.

I hate that I got Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon from the shop, but not a single blue eyes white dragon...

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've been playing this since yesterday thanks the the twitch marathon and i'm having a blast. Still haven't tried the pvp yet.

I hate that I got Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragons from the shop, but not a single blue eyes white dragon...
You can get 2 Blue Eyes White Dragon completely for free, so you'll only need to actually shop for one or use a UR ticket.

Last edited:

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
Started this today

And i managed to lose to one of the super easy NPCs because i wound up with only high star monsters in my hand. The first of what i assume to be many harsh lessons. :p

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Woohoo, just got my account approved. Anyone got a good farming deck yet for Lvl 40 Crowler? Haven't unlocked Bastion yet, so no Legendary Ocean farm deck for me. ;_;

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo, just got my account approved. Anyone got a good farming deck yet for Lvl 40 Crowler? Haven't unlocked Bastion yet, so no Legendary Ocean farm deck for me. ;_;
I'm just using a Buster Blader fusion deck with Aster for skill drops that hit's around 4-6k.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Do you all tend to keep our deck size very small? I know it depends but just speaking generally.

I remember from pojo forums the rule of thumb on most decks was 1-3 tribute monsters, 5-7 magic cards, and 1-3 trap cards. But that was years ago so I dunno.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Do you all tend to keep our deck size very small? I know it depends but just speaking generally.

I remember from pojo forums the rule of thumb on most decks was 1-3 tribute monsters, 5-7 magic cards, and 1-3 trap cards. But that was years ago so I dunno.
Generally your meta decks are going to be 20 cards since consistency is important.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I like using 30-card decks because it makes matches more interesting and varied.

EDIT: Of course, if you're using a large deck, it is necessary to utilize cards that will allow you to get the cards you want. Spell cards that dig into your deck, Magical Hammer, Card Trader, etc.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got back to playing this after GX dropped and have been loving it, the gem rewards lately have been great. At plat 5 right now, hoping to hit legend and maybe even KoG soon.

The smaller your deck the more consistent it will be. 20 card decks are ideal, assuming you're running 3 of each core card of your deck to increase consistency.

SartrG

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey there! I'm Ally of Justice from the other forum, and Sartr in-game.

EDIT: Of course, if you're using a large deck, it is necessary to utilize cards that will allow you to get the cards you want. Spell cards that dig into your deck, Magical Hammer, Card Trader, etc.

The problem with big decks is that unless every card in it is good by itself or requires little to no interaction with other cards in your deck, drawing into your combo pieces won't be easy and therefore you'll have a lot of dead hands. Those "consistency" cards like Magical Mallet, Card Trader and Reload are useless on their own, or worse, have a use only when you're in either a winning or a bad position.

If you were, say, to Fusion Summon Five Headed Dragon as your win condition in a deck, you'd have to get five dragons in your hand or field. If you already have three dragons in your field, chances are that you don't need to summon FHD to win, and if you have most dragons in you hand, Reload will be a huge gamble to see if you get what you want by returning the hand you needed to "complete" to win, and by returning only one or two cards in your hand with Mallet your chance to draw what you need is really low. And Trader is both too slow and too random to even be considered useful (unless you really need to return that card to your Deck). And if you ever find yourself topdecking, these are the worst.

I love playing Decks with lots of options, but a consistent Deck will win most of the time against a deck less consistent but with more options.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
what are the best packs to buy as a new player?

Man is that ever a tough question. The old boxes like Ultimate Rising have SR and UR rarity cards that are still great like Sphere Kuriboh, but you could waste thousands of gems before getting them on completely outdated and useless R and N rarity cards. We're on the verge of a huge meta shift - top decks are getting nerfed soon and a powerful new archetype (Mechs) are getting a box on Nov 6. So I would just hold onto your gems, wait for the meta to settle, and then start building whichever is the most accessible top deck.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man is that ever a tough question. The old boxes like Ultimate Rising have SR and UR rarity cards that are still great like Sphere Kuriboh, but you could waste thousands of gems before getting them on completely outdated and useless R and N rarity cards. We're on the verge of a huge meta shift - top decks are getting nerfed soon and a powerful new archetype (Mechs) are getting a box on Nov 6. So I would just hold onto your gems, wait for the meta to settle, and then start building whichever is the most accessible top deck.

Ok thanks for the answer so just play single player till then?

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok thanks for the answer so just play single player till then?

You can definitely try getting your feet wet in PvP (you'll be at the lowest rank with other low rank players if you've never played it before) with a basic beatdown deck or something, but yeah try to go through single player and acquire gems/cards for now.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'd say that the Jaden structure deck is the only one I think is "mandatory" to spend gems on since it has two Polymerization cards in it, giving you the maximum of three total.

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Thanks to the YuGiOh marathon I decided to install this. While I like the UI of when you're dueling, I really dislike the UI of the main hub; so much fucking clutter, but I suppose that's to be expected from Asian-developed games, just sucks and I had to take a break after defeating Joey.

Hopefully I can get back into it but my main questions are the differences between the single player campaign and dueling online. For the former I assume its based on the character you chose? So far I'm playing as Seto Kaiba (because I love this tsundere jerk) but I can switch characters when I unlock them yeah, does switching characters reset the stage level you are on or is that universal on your account? As for dueling online do I still play as Kaiba or do I have to make/use a custom deck with a custom blank slate character?

I've also noticed that doing the campaign unlocks you cards, or maybe that's just leveling your character up. Regardless I haven't spent any gems yet (beyond that required section that made you spend gems) and was wondering when I should.