• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I have 9k gems ready for blackwings coming out but I'm gonna save for Jack tbh lol. I just really want Breaker the Magical Warrior mostly and some staple Blackwings if I can get them.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Wow, these rewards for the Jack Atlas event are a waste of time. Multi Piece Golem is an Ultra Rare. Are you kidding, Konami? Duel Links need more effective tuners and spells that support synchro cards because Synchros are having a rough time.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Got the UR in the first free lottery after the update. Love it when that happens.
Very nice! I've had pretty good luck with this event too.

Not a huge fan of how recent events kind of space out their main incentives. It's always really satisfying to unlock a character the same day their event starts, so the fact that Tristan isn't available till late Thursday night is kind of a letdown. I guess it kind of makes sense, though ; Konami probably noticed a lot of people active on the first day of an event and only the first day, or something.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Very nice! I've had pretty good luck with this event too.

Not a huge fan of how recent events kind of space out their main incentives. It's always really satisfying to unlock a character the same day their event starts, so the fact that Tristan isn't available till late Thursday night is kind of a letdown. I guess it kind of makes sense, though ; Konami probably noticed a lot of people active on the first day of an event and only the first day, or something.

We don't know anything about his signature monster.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
The only good thing about Tristan is the gems and the occasional funny line. "Am I confident in my dueling ability? Absolutely not."

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell? Dino boi is hella strong. This dino cpu is no joke.
Right? He's beating a lot of my best decks. Impressive especially since a lot of his cards aren't particularly overpowered.

Pretty bummed that even Syrus doesn't have unique dialogue with him, of all people. Half the fun of new characters for me is the conversations.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys, just started playing this again after taking a break and I have a question: what is the meta right now? Also are any of the old meta decks still viable? (Masked D. Heroes, Amazoness, SSA Whale, etc.)

Haven't played ranked yet because I'm busy unlocking the 5D stuff lol.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Hey guys, just started playing this again after taking a break and I have a question: what is the meta right now? Also are any of the old meta decks still viable? (Masked D. Heroes, Amazoness, SSA Whale, etc.)

Haven't played ranked yet because I'm busy unlocking the 5D stuff lol.

Masked Hero, Spellbooks, Blue Eyes Cosmo Brain, and Vampires are the current top decks in the meta.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The next main box will have the so much needed support for Karakuri. I'll also have to conserve my gems for Yusei's Junk Destroyer.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hi guys, just jumped into the mobile version, was wondering if there was any starting out tips I could use. Plan on just doing story for now and maybe a little va friends

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Hi guys, just jumped into the mobile version, was wondering if there was any starting out tips I could use. Plan on just doing story for now and maybe a little va friends

Save your gems for cards you want to use. Always do events for the gems at the very least. Get staple cards that should be in any deck such as Enemy Controller and Wall of Disruption.

Take a close look at the Card Tickets you get so you know which cards you can get for free. Like Enemy Controller drops from dueling Kaiba at the legendary duelist gate but a ticket can easily get you it as long as its an SR Ticket.

Try to go for boxes that have a lot of the good cards to get in one go. The mini boxes are an easier investment due to their smaller size. I recommend starting there to build up your decks. 500 gems can net you one of the many structure decks. Aster's is one of the best because you can build off him and then get Mask Change and Anki from the boxes and make a top tier Masked Hero deck.

On that note, Farming Cpus is important. Always fight the vagabond for a lot of exp. Auto duel can be your friend but dont be surprised if it pulls dumb moves and loses. Since you are new, if you get the blue orbs for the duelist refills, I recommend spamming them to level up as fast as possible by doing missions and rising up the stages.

For missions on Duel Links, you have to change your deck around a lot. There are tons of deck recipes on the net to help you out. Finishing a stage, resets the cpu duelists amount back to full so try to finish them and then do the last mission at the duel gate.

Most of all, have fun! If you have more questions feel free to ask here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Save your gems for cards you want to use. Always do events for the gems at the very least. Get staple cards that should be in any deck such as Enemy Controller and Wall of Disruption.

Take a close look at the Card Tickets you get so you know which cards you can get for free. Like Enemy Controller drops from dueling Kaiba at the legendary duelist gate but a ticket can easily get you it as long as its an SR Ticket.

Try to go for boxes that have a lot of the good cards to get in one go. The mini boxes are an easier investment due to their smaller size. I recommend starting there to build up your decks. 500 gems can net you one of the many structure decks. Aster's is one of the best because you can build off him and then get Mask Change and Anki from the boxes and make a top tier Masked Hero deck.

On that note, Farming Cpus is important. Always fight the vagabond for a lot of exp. Auto duel can be your friend but dont be surprised if it pulls dumb moves and loses. Since you are new, if you get the blue orbs for the duelist refills, I recommend spamming them to level up as fast as possible by doing missions and rising up the stages.

For missions on Duel Links, you have to change your deck around a lot. There are tons of deck recipes on the net to help you out. Finishing a stage, resets the cpu duelists amount back to full so try to finish them and then do the last mission at the duel gate.

Most of all, have fun! If you have more questions feel free to ask here.
Ok just got to pick a gift, which will be more valuable to me, the gems, the gold(I doubt) or the blue stone?

Edit: no response and I want to play so going with gems since I know what they do

Last edited:

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Ok just got to pick a gift, which will be more valuable to me, the gems, the gold(I doubt) or the blue stone?

Edit: no response and I want to play so going with gems since I know what they do
Gems was definitely the right answer, so good job.

Gold helps you buy cards from the Card Trader and that's pretty much it. Duel Orbs let you rematch Standard Duelists without having to wait for the timer. So both can be useful depending on what you're trying to do, but Gems are the most valuable resource of the three hands down.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Gems was definitely the right answer, so good job.

Gold helps you buy cards from the Card Trader and that's pretty much it. Duel Orbs let you rematch Standard Duelists without having to wait for the timer. So both can be useful depending on what you're trying to do, but Gems are the most valuable resource of the three hands down.
It wasn't a orb it was a blue crystal thing

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ohh right, that's an EXP Up buff you can apply to a single Duel. Cool, but Gems are still better.
Ok so I made the right choice. Ok I just want to jump into single player and start messing around. I like just taking my chances with packs and trying to build my own thing, but I should probably get a structure deck to build on. I have 2860 gems. I'll probably be swapping between Kaiba and Joey and having fun for the moment. So what'd be a good structure deck to use as a base and a good mini box to get packs to build it up with? Also I have a 5d and 1 year ticket

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok so update still just using base decks and unlocked Joey so leveling him. Have over 3000 gems now. Boosted Joey with traps and spells I've gotten for free just playing the ai stuff.
So need to know best way to use tickets and so I want advice. My fave thing with tech is to take a starter and boost it up with a collorating run to get a better feel. So I'm wondering which structures deck would be good and what the aligned minibox(preferably) would be and how many packs should I grab to experiment? Thanks for the advice

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Ok so update still just using base decks and unlocked Joey so leveling him. Have over 3000 gems now. Boosted Joey with traps and spells I've gotten for free just playing the ai stuff.
So need to know best way to use tickets and so I want advice. My fave thing with tech is to take a starter and boost it up with a collorating run to get a better feel. So I'm wondering which structures deck would be good and what the aligned minibox(preferably) would be and how many packs should I grab to experiment? Thanks for the advice

Sorry been out all day. Try to unlock GX asap since we have an event going on.

Its important to note your Stage level. Your Stage level, whichever is the highest, determines how tough the cpu is for you. Anything below 40 isn't much to worry about with some exceptional tricky decks once in a while.

So for tickets, you will get plenty of N and R tickets. So avoid choosing them as prizes for free giveaways. SR and UR tickets should be used to grab cards to help the deck you wanna build or getting an awesome card that fits a majority of decks such as Enemy Controller.

Well first, consider what kind of deck you wanna run. With Joey, he goes towards Warriors decks and Masked Heroes is warrior filled so he fits well there. His ability is Fields of the Warriors which makes most of the D heroes into 1.8k beatsticks or even X Sabers or other warrior filled decks.

The Card Trader is great for picking up some good cards. Like Destiny Hero Decider for Masked Heroes deck and Aromage cards for a Aromage deck.

For Structure decks, Kaiba and Yami's suck now, so avoid them. Jaden's sucks too since his heroes are still bad overall. If you decide to run X-Saber then Joey's is a good investment or some good warrior cards in general.

Aster's is great like I've said before. Chazz is pretty bad overall imo. Yugi's is pretty great and objectively the best and most powerful one out of them all. Silent Magician is top tier with Spellbook. Yusei's is meh because Junk support hasn't really come in yet. If you invest, its for the future.

I'll write up another post for the boxes by tomorrow after I do some research. Its been a while since I checked them. Mini and big boxes since some good cards are big box exclusive.

It'd really help if you planned out which archetypes you wanna get into. This game is fairly generous with gems. I recommend not focusing on more than 5 Archetypes at one time. You can't invest into all the boxes sadly unless you wanna Whale out your money lol.

On that note, I shall warn you that "Land of the Titans" is the worst box ever and no one should ever pull from it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
crimsonlink yeah I'm not a whale. I do have some gift card money on my iTunes account but even then I don't want to spend much XD. I've played enough real life tcgs to know not to do that. The real challenge is something I've always had, and that is I play tcgs for fun and the experience of working with what I get. Fave format has always been sealed. So I'm less about finding an archetype and more about pulling some fun cards and seeing what I can do with them. I'm up to stage 6 and have Kaiba at lvl 7 and Joey at 6 and I haven't bought a single card, just used the rewards from bonuses and duel quizzes to boost them slightly. Again that won't last too long.
So for me it's more about finding a viable theme and box and experimenting with that then buying every card I need to build the perfect summon or bleh mill deck. However I've done enough mobile game time to know to take advantage of events but we'll see how that goes with all my family stuff this week XD

Masked warriors sounds like a fun place to start. And I can tell long term I'm going to be tempted by dragons, but while a popular theme in the series I know they are spread out(yes I take after Kaiba a bit)
Edit: may consider yugi's constructed as well between that and masked warriors I have some base options

De: whoops almost reached lvl 8 but I need to buy a card from the trader but I don't have enough orbs for the low cost ones so it looks like I have reached the point where I need to buy some cards to convert XD

Correction found the non rotating cards and bought one. So got a mission or two left till stage 8. Still it's about time for me to buy some packs... think I will go ahead and buy the Yugi and Joey structures ones

Last edited:

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
Summoned Elemental Hero Chaos Neos twice and the coin flip backfired on me both times. Vagabond was gonna deck out next turn so I wasn't screwed but I wasn't so lucky against lvl 40 Bastion.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok just unlocked GX, I take it I want to focus on this while the event is on going? Still haven't spent any gems. Still waiting on box advice. Out of regular encounters so I'll clear some more quizzes

Made it through the first area. Haven't used the coins in the lottery(did the free draw though)

Last edited:

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Ok just unlocked GX, I take it I want to focus on this while the event is on going? Still haven't spent any gems. Still waiting on box advice. Out of regular encounters so I'll clear some more quizzes

Made it through the first area. Haven't used the coins in the lottery(did the free draw though)

Always do the free draw daily to get free stuff. BTW the card trader has a feature where you can trade excess cards for things such as orbs and coins so be sure to use it. Dont worry, they dont allow you to sell more copies than you have. Like you can have a max of 9 cards of 1 single card. 3 Glossy, 3 reg and 3 prismatic.

Sorry for the long wait on the box analysis. Its been a long New Years day, so Happy New Years everyone.

Lets start this off with boxes you should avoid since that is easier.

So if you click on the boxes tab at the bottom it will show you boxes only and is a good way to organize the list since thats the one I will be referencing.

Right away, I'll tell you that anything before Generation Next aka #6 is fairly bad. Like you can get some very few good cards. But until Generation Next, the old cards aren't as relevant anymore. Mirror Wall is about the only old card is heavy use and most people use disruption over it. (Disclaimer: If you want to make a certain archetype, some of the older boxes are good for that such as Deadelas Water deck so YMMV on each box. This is just advice after all so make your own decisions)

Crimson Kingdom is good to dip into if you want to make a vampire deck though for Gozuki alone. Good Warrior and some Spellcaster support and powerful fusions. Buster Blader is here if you wanna make anti meta Dragon deck too. Not highly recommended by me though.

Dawn Of Destiny is good if you wanna get a Yubel deck going. Phoenix is kinda bad now so him alone doesnt cut it anymore. Tribute to the Doomed is alright if you like a discard style of deck.

Electric Overlord is pretty bad overall imo. Especially with Ninjas getting nerfed to the ground. Too many Union stuff too unless you like that. Recommend to skip it.

Echoes of Silence is terrible because you can get most of those cards from Yugi's structure deck. Grab it if you want extra Spellcaster support but its a big skip otherwise.

Servants of the King: The best box hands down in the shop imo. Has Wall of Disruption and Draining Shield and Man Eater bug and even Magician of Black Chaos. Lots of great support cards too for different archetypes. Birthright is amazing too with Blue Eyes and Dark Magician. At the very least pull and get Wall of Disruption if nothing else.

Generation Next is pretty good and kinda bad. Its bad because its a big box. It has some good cards such as floodgate traphole and book of Taiyou. It also has lvl Horus monsters. I would go for 1 copy of Floodgate and call it. But risky since its a big box. Though you are new and should have plenty of gems to go around atm.

Blade of Spirit is a six samurai box. If you like them then pull, if you dont then dont pull on it. Also has Neos Alius who is meh except as a beatstick

Galactic origin is meh overall. Gladiator monsters and some hero support. Another big box so take heed of the investment. Best thing to pull is Cosmic Cyclone.

Resonance of Contrast is pretty good for a minibox. Has vampire support and a lot of other types. Look it over and see if it fits what you need. Defense Draw is pretty great if not Snipe Hunter or the Red Eyes fusion.

Primal burst did nothing for me personally so another skip there as its a big box.

Rampage of the Forest is bug town. The best card is Hey! Trunade imo. Pull if you dare but Hey! Trunade is limited now so beware!

Abyss Encounter, I have no interest in aqua decks but if you like them then this box might be for you. Its a bigger box though so be careful.

Visions of Ice is a great minibox and the 2nd best after King imo. Has lots of great support cards and cards that fit into lots of decks. Spellbook central too.

Valient Souls is probably the best big box in the game atm. You have lots of amazing URs such as Anki. Again this is depending on if you like Masked Heroes. I personally love this box and went through it 3 times for 3 copies of Anki. 2 Ankis and 2 Mask Change is enough to make a top tier Masked Heroes deck though 3 of each is more stable. Lots of great traps and magic cards too.

Clash of Wings is the Fure hire box which was nerfed a while back. Its also Inzecktor realm. Pull if you like those.

Crusader Battlegrounds: Noble Knights, Bujins and Monarches. If you like those then pull. But remember that its a bigger box.

Empire of Scarlet: Minibox that gives power to vampires and other smaller archetypes.

Burning Nova: Good traps and support for different archetypes. Pull as you want to go.

Gaia Genesis: Has some great cards in magic and especially traps. Drowning Mirror Force is great vs OTKs and to stall. So I recommend trying to get it. Big box so risky as always.

Stardust Accel: Lots of Blue Eyes support and Synchros kinda still suck. So pull for Blue Eyes stuff or not at all.

Thats it for boxes for now. The Synchro boxes are still being looked at by me so I'll add those later.

Feel free to chime in with your own opinions about the boxes.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks crimsonlink sounds like servants of the king is where I want to start then. Plan to get the Joey constricted. Then I may do some into visions of ice and burning nova. Let's see I've got 4375 gems(haven't spent any) it's a 500 for the structured which leaves me with 3875. I'm buying ten packs of servants of the Kong's for now. I misunderstood the buy options which resulted in earlier confusion

Edit: still waiting on everything else but bought legendary warriors with gems, so I'd have a stronger base to work with (version v 1
Deck shared! #DuelLinks
https://duellinks.konami.net/att/02f4a9bacbd824dccf4bb9168ae194c08ce6cfe76c )

Sweet got a dark sage on my free draw!

Edit2 got a man eating bug and mystic swordsman lv2 and 6. Cleared bingo 1.
Trying to decide think I may do another ten from SOK. I may do 2 from visions of ice then maybe some from valiant souls. At 4207 gems
Edit 3 did 10 pack from valiant souls to try and help Jayden's deck because I'm working on clearing the second bingo board(also needed to buy packs) pulled a ur eclipse wyvern which will be awesome for a dragon deck. Also pulled SR' Blast with chain, elemental hero chainedge, and a fabled Gaballas. Phoenix beast Gairada is cool too.

Last edited:

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
I use the special crystals. Actually got magic cylinder and used it to win vs his dark magician in turn 3 lol. His mirror force is so scary.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
I use the special crystals. Actually got magic cylinder and used it to win vs his dark magician in turn 3 lol. His mirror force is so scary.
I completely forgot about the crystals! (Actually I don't think I've ever used any of them.. 🙄 )
I already got all the rewards from him though, Sea Stealth Attack works wonders unless he otk you.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok, mostly playing for fun and just building what I want, but well I have some foundational pieces for a dark magician deck, 3 dark sages, dark magician of chaos, 2 dark magicians, a dark magician girl, time wizard and a full set of the tribute dark magician to get dark magician of chaos from my deck. Plus yami yugis boost fiends and spellcasters skill. So looking for advice for some good cards to include for a dark magician deck since it's classic and fun(I know I need to challenge the fates for more magicians/magician girls) also I have used any of my tickets so if I can use some of those I will. Again thanks for the help

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, mostly playing for fun and just building what I want, but well I have some foundational pieces for a dark magician deck, 3 dark sages, dark magician of chaos, 2 dark magicians, a dark magician girl, time wizard and a full set of the tribute dark magician to get dark magician of chaos from my deck. Plus yami yugis boost fiends and spellcasters skill. So looking for advice for some good cards to include for a dark magician deck since it's classic and fun(I know I need to challenge the fates for more magicians/magician girls) also I have used any of my tickets so if I can use some of those I will. Again thanks for the help
Arkana level up rewards are a must for any DM deck so I recommend unlocking and leveling him up asap, ancient rules from mokuba is also really useful card as is legion the fiend jester, the latter is in a box that isn't really relevant anymore though (flame of the tyrant) so its probably not a good investment.