• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
OMG The idiot that added Survival End didn't read the effect well enough. How can a card be that OP and make it in without being limited or errataed to not be so broken.

You can activate the graveyard effect in the same damn turn. Dino decks have become so obnoxious in ranked. Plat has become a hellhole of the Rock puppets or the Mechs. Sprinkle in some Lavals and the Dinos and you have one hell of a messy ranked system.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
I picked this game up again. So far the decks I've mostly completed are Dark Magician and meta Masked Heroes. I just need to finish grinding Canadias.

I'm trying to figure out what deck to make next. I was going to update my Blader/Dark Paladin deck since Buster Blader is also in the meta, but I kind of want to make an off-meta deck and use a less popular archetype.

I'm thinking Gem Knights, but I can't for the life of me find a consistent deck build to get ideas from. Most decks seem to just be 30 card FTKs. I see people mention 20 card decks, but I can't find any lists. So I don't know where to start. Any ideas?

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Which one will be nerfed first, Six Samurai or Sartorius' Master of Destiny skill?
They'll probably let Six Samurai be busted for at least a couple months.

And maybe Master of Destiny is fine? Even with a 100% success rate, Arcana Force cards are good but not so good that they overpower some decks that are already popular in the current meta. At least with the current selection of Arcana Force cards. Maybe that'll change after a Sartorius Event rerun with new Arcana Force drops.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
They'll probably let Six Samurai be busted for at least a couple months.

And maybe Master of Destiny is fine? Even with a 100% success rate, Arcana Force cards are good but not so good that they overpower some decks that are already popular in the current meta. At least with the current selection of Arcana Force cards. Maybe that'll change after a Sartorius Event rerun with new Arcana Force drops.

I'm surprised that Floodgate and Canadia haven't been nerfed.

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
New box is amazing and finally six samurai got buffed. I just need Junk to be viable. I got all the good cards from the new box within the first few packs. Everything else was just gravy. Haven't been that lucky with a good box in a while.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Been playing Duel links again more regularly after really only trying a bit at launch and.. really I'm surprised I've felt no urge to pay money, which is having the opposite effect of wanting to give them money just to reward them for the amount of time and enjoyment I've got out of it so far, wish more mobile games would employ this strategy (looking at you KHUX).
Really surprised seeing its.. 1. A konami game and 2. A game all about packs (loot boxes) hoping to get the thing you want. It could so easily be so very worse, but packs have a limited amount of cards, so the more you get the more likely you'll get something you're after, and introduction of tickets which gets you any card of a certain list, most of which have had something I've found very useful to have.
And they even gave away the God cards for free! Though you had to win Slifer I believe and Ra I got from beating Yugi as Marik, but as someone who doesn't consider themselves particularly good, surprised I managed it. I kept expecting a catch. Guess the only thing close of recent memory was against Sartorius, with the destiny ability and a certain item would stop it working 100% of the time.

My only real problem(s) with it are I wish there was at least a 5 monster/spell/trap zone mode. Kinda makes the feasibility of using some monsters/strategies a lot lower, that and some cards that are yet present (Cyber Dragon :(, though I've heard it may be more for balance reasons?, but just annoying when there are cards that link to cyber dragon already, which I know other cards can substitute but.. sigh).
That and I want Zane as a character ha, but missed the chance a while ago it seems :(

Wouldn't say I'm the best at setting up decks either, feel it's mostly monsters and as soon as my "best" monster is gone, it's very unlikely I'll recover, but hopefully will get better with it over time. Like I want a Cyber deck, but without the main cyber dragon doesn't feel worth it and my deck currently mostly focuses on dragons, but I have XYZ dragon cannon monsters in and creator monsters as I've been finding them pretty handy.

Last edited:

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
That and I want Zane as a character ha, but missed the chance a while ago it seems :(
Zane can now be unlocked through regular gameplay. Just keep beating Stages in the GX World and Zane should eventually arrive at the Gate, with the opportunity to unlock him afterwards.

Edit: Yeah, get to Stage 6 in GX World.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Zane can now be unlocked through regular gameplay. Just keep beating Stages in the GX World and Zane should eventually arrive at the Gate, with the opportunity to unlock him afterwards.

Edit: Yeah, get to Stage 6 in GX World.

Awesome that's news to me!
I'll work towards that now!

crimsonlink

Oct 29, 2017
Doing ranked, man those Deskbots are pretty amazing. 6 Samurai can be pretty broken once Shi En gets on the field but otherwise, fairly easy to defeat. Fuma will probably get limited next ban list. Mechs are still the most annoying. Where the hell are the drawbacks for that stupid dragon's effect! Its way too easy to summon 2 of them in 1 turn.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I have completely underestimated Vehicroids. Megaroid City, Mixeroid, and Barbaroid The Ultimate Machine has helped me in the Ranked duels.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Picked this game up over the last couple of weeks. Made a deck focusing on Silent Swordsman and Silent Magician with Yugi's Silent Duelist skill. It's not killing in the meta, I'm only on Silver Rank 3 and some days I have times when I get my ass whooped in succession by meta decks but still quite fun.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hi, so I picked up the game again last week after not having played for over a year or so.

I had quite a lot of gems (5000) so I got myself a lot of different cards and attempted to make myself a Elemental Hero Deck, since that was my favorite in the show.

This is how it currently looks like:

xsv2Pna.jpg

sKa6Czi.jpg

This is obviously done by someone who hasn't really experienced anything Yu-Gi-Oh beyond GX, so I'm sure there are a lot of errors in there.

If someone could help me improve this deck, I would be extremely thankful :)

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
So glad I took a break and skipped out on Six Sams meta. I've just been farming gems waiting for something neat.

I'm gonna hop on the Neos bandwagon, love me some Heroes.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The Red Eyes Structure Deck is so good and the upcoming Black Rose Dragon main box will feature more support for Red Eyes.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Upcoming Updates for July.

Looks like Jaden fused with Yubel is going to be their own character, and unlockable near the end of the month? That's kind of neat, and an indicator that we're finally getting some characters that we haven't known about via datamine for months.

GrandHarrier

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more excited about the Cyber Angel support. I'm hoping they'll ease some of the limited Cyber Angel cards too. No reason for the deck to still be so neutered.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I recently started playing again. i guess i just got burnt out after the cyber ritual nerf because the game is still fun. still im so out of touch with the cards haha its a bit overwhelming. I just had an online duel where I was surprised how many resources my oponent could pull out of his ass. I had to top deck my way out of that one haha

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I should have never aim to reach Platinum.

I am now getting slapped around as badly as I did back when I reach Gold last season.

It's not really fun playing ranked right now.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Me: dammit i ranked up to gold with a joke deck and now im gonna get destroyed and wont even reach 60 wins

Also me: *wins against a samurai deck that syncro summons their signature card on turn 1 before I get to play and sends my only 2 cards from my field to my hand at the end of my first turn*

This game is fun haha

Last edited:

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Anybody have any suggestions for Plant or Spellcaster decks?. I haven't played since like November of last year so I am missing a lot. I have solid Aromage and Spellbook decks. Just wondering what would be good to add.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
It's worse during kog rank up

Its so annoying because the previous match I just destroyed a red eyes fusion deck and then the next duel i just lose on draw.
Like I dont mind losing if I get to do some plays, getting bad hands.. that happens sometimes, but when I get a completly dead hand the second time in a row on a rankup battle..

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Hi! Been playing the game for about 2 weeks now and I have a few questions...

Are the cards obtainable through coupons on rotation? I swear cards I've seen before on the list are not there at a later moment
Also, is there a Era discord for this?

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
Hi! Been playing the game for about 2 weeks now and I have a few questions...

Are the cards obtainable through coupons on rotation? I swear cards I've seen before on the list are not there at a later moment
Also, is there a Era discord for this?
There's no rotation for tickets, but some tickets have different lists than others. For example, a SR Ticket you get from Ranked Duels will have a different card selection than an SR Ticket you get from an Anniversary Bonus.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
There's no rotation for tickets, but some tickets have different lists than others. For example, a SR Ticket you get from Ranked Duels will have a different card selection than an SR Ticket you get from an Anniversary Bonus.
Thank you!
Guess I'll have to check these 20 tickets I didn't bother spend while grinding.

Hope the trap card offering is decent

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Vermillion Dragon Mech sure is carrying my super scrubby Black Rose Dragon deck despite the jankiest summon setups

EDIT: Oh shit, I've scrubbed my way to Platinum!

Can you get deranked from Plat to Gold?

Last edited: