• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Link: https://www.konami.com/games/eu/en/topics/15078/

Press Release:

Konami Digital Entertainment, B.V. today announces that Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution will launch on August 20th at RRP €39.99. Exclusive for Nintendo Switch™, Duelists will experience more than 20 years of Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise history reliving stories from the original animated series through Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-Vand challenge the newest generation of Duelists from the virtual world of Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS.

Starting today, Duelists can pre-order retail and digital versions of Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution. Exclusive to the physical retail version, Duelists will unpack three brand-new Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME (TCG) cards. You will find the Link Monster, Progleo, along with the Cyberse Monster Micro Coderand the Spell Card Cynet Codec! Duelists can also visit the Nintendo eShop to pre-order their digital version of Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution and be ready to Duel on August 20th.

promocardsen-600x290.png

With more than 9,000 cards, the most in any Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG video game, Duelists will build and customise competitive decks to challenge other players with local wireless and online play through Nintendo Switch Online.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! series is based on the manga Yu-Gi-Oh! (by Kazuki Takahashi), which was serialised in SHUEISHA Inc.'s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine from 1996 and is now on the sixth iteration of the "Yu-Gi-Oh!" animated series (currently airing on TV Tokyo-affiliated channels). KONAMI released the first console game in 1998, and the series, including the trading card game, is still enjoyed by countless customers worldwide. KONAMI continues to develop and distribute a wide range of Yu-Gi-Oh! content to deliver the fun and excitement of the series to customers around the globe.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
That's later than I would have liked, but I'm still in. Glad they're doing a physical release. It's been a while.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the first retail YGO game since Zexal in 2013, and if we put aside that abomination, it's the first proper retail YGO game since 5D's championship in 2011 on DS.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The game was 3000 yen in Japan... while it's awesome that we are getting a physical version, it sucks to see the price bump for the western release
I would hope that the digital version is cheaper because of no cards included, but i'm not that naive.....

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I appreciate it's not till August, I've got too many games coming out in the next two months. Slight price bump is too bad but I'll take the physical release plus it's still in budget range

OhMyZach

Oct 27, 2017
Makes me feel less bad about spending 40 to get the JPN version. I have 1700 yen left over that I have no idea what to do with now

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they do DLC for at least a year or two. You know, complete VRAINS, and maybe leave it right before the next gimmick is introduced.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't touched a Yu-Gi-Oh game in like a decade, possibly more. This being on the Switch makes me consider it. If the reviews are good I might bite.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
For the people who have already picked this up, what's the verdict. Tried getting back into the card game last year but here in Japan it was hard finding a beginner friendly place to play

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Oof that 10€ increase for digital, might just pick up the Japanese version instead. Don't know if I can wait 3 months, too.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Nuts that the game officially launches States-side in August--I'm already playing the game, albeit the Japanese version (but they have an English language option that I'm using, and it's perfect).

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I may pick this up I haven't played Yu-gi-Oh in a minute but was always curious to get back in it.

Leveean

Nov 9, 2017
That's double what I paid for the PC version (full price at launch). I know it has all the DLC but it's a 3 year old game..

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That's double what I paid for the PC version (full price at launch). I know it has all the DLC but it's a 3 year old game..
Actually it's sequel and it has a physical release uses the new rule set that dramatically changes gameplay along with new story elements and a ton of new cards in its own right

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a mode to not play with the lInk nonsense. But I will get it if they release a switch mini

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Jeez that's a long time... I was literally just talking to my friend that I gameshare with about playing the Japanese version until the western date got announced, but I was thinking the wait would last until like the middle/end of June.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
How is earning cards in Legacy? The problem I've had with most Yu-Gi-Oh games is how grindy they are to get the deck I want.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Are all cards available, so you can create your own deck without having to unlock each pack? I recall the last Xbox game had most cards locked behind DLC< yet the previous 3DS game had a mode that gave you all cards and build decks against the AI to your hearts content. I would prefer the later were I can at least build any old/new decks and try our the different strategies.

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
40? Thought about 25. But I guess I have to pay it.
Finally a release date. Can't wait to see jaden, cyrus after so long

Nov 2, 2017
Day 1 for sure, spent a good amount of time into the game on Xbox a few years ago. Renewed my interest in Yu-Gi-Oh! Overall

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
I feel £40 is a bit expensive? Might just be me though since all I wanted it for was to play with the old cards lol

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
For anyone who is thinking of picking this up, I bought the JP version and have about 30 hours in it so far so decided to do a quick card guide/game tips article to help you quickly find what you need to when you start.

https://ygoprodeck.com/legacy-of-the-duelist-link-evolution-card-guide-tips/

This game can be a grrrrrrind if you are trying to get 3 of a specific card. It took me about 100+ packs to eventually get my third copy of A Legendary Ocean. It's ridiculous that cards you haven't pulled yet don't end up getting some sort of higher chance to be pulled so you can just end up opening pack after pack of 10 cards you already have 3 copies of each.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
They sure are taking their sweet ass time releasing this. Glad they didn't wait until fall at least.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone who is thinking of picking this up, I bought the JP version and have about 30 hours in it so far so decided to do a quick card guide/game tips article to help you quickly find what you need to when you start.

https://ygoprodeck.com/legacy-of-the-duelist-link-evolution-card-guide-tips/

This game can be a grrrrrrind if you are trying to get 3 of a specific card. It took me about 100+ packs to eventually get my third copy of A Legendary Ocean. It's ridiculous that cards you haven't pulled yet don't end up getting some sort of higher chance to be pulled so you can just end up opening pack after pack of 10 cards you already have 3 copies of each.

Wait, I thought that anything you had 3 of stopped appearing.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm fine with an August release. June and July are packed to the brim, this game can wait. I remember getting some free cards with Duelists of the Rose, glad they are doing it again.