• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Looks like it supports local multiplayer with 2 switches.

Also 2 promotional cards were revealed for the game's official guidebook

Progleo.jpg

"Progleo"
Light
Cyberse / Link / Effect
LINK-2 ATK1000
Links: Left, Right
Materials: 2 monsters, except Tokens
You can only use this card name's effect once per turn.
(1) During your Main Phase, if this card was Link Summoned: You can banish this card and 1 monster you control this card points to, then target 1 Link Monster in either GY; Special Summon it to your field, but banish it if it leaves the field.

Luster-Liger.jpg

"Luster Liger"
LIGHT
Cyberse/ Link/ Effect
LINK-4 ATK2000
Links: Top, Left, Bottom, Right
Materials: 2+ monsters, except Tokens
You can only use this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) You can target 1 Link Monster in either GY; until the end of this turn, this card gains ATK equal to that monster's ATK.
(2) You can Tribute any number of your monsters this card points to; destroy the same number of cards on the field.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
What looks fun to me is the game has battle packs for Sealed and draft multiplayer modes, my favorite way to play. Also the game should be about 30$

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Question: Do players have trouble reading kanji characters that small?

I bought a TCG tin the other day and could barely read a few of them without losing my place.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I know the scale is completely different when you're dealing with like 9000 cards all at once, but the game play presentation in these feels so bland compared to Duel Links

Not that the value isn't there in the game itself, just that the creature cutouts and stuff add a lot to the visual side of things

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Local battle is so cool, reminds me of the time I bought 2 Yu-Gi-Oh! WC 2004 on GBA so I could duel my brother, haha.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
Glad the Japanese version has English. I can't imagine trying to get caught up on card effects would be quite as fun in Japanese. It's supposed to have a bunch of other languages too. I wonder why there's no worldwide release.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
There's a worldwide release this summer.

Where on earth did you read the Japanese release has English?
Japanese Eshop says it supports Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, and Italian. Some posters above also said there was English. Not sure if they read that from the same source though.

I can't find it on the English Eshop though. The Japanese version releases on April 25th. I thought the English version was coming later.

Edit: American Eshop, just to clarify, sorry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
The previous games used TCG list.

Wonder if they'll use the one that came out today...since the game has Rusty

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game is now out on the Japanese eshop and is in English. Can't confirm if online will be region locked as the game will have censored TCG art.

Salamangreat, Crusadia and Trickstars are in the VRAINS packs.

brooklynb_jp

Jan 8, 2019
There's no language option in the game. Just defaults to your system's language. I had to change mine to get English for this game