• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Looking for some advice on an IRL deck to build. I'm really into card games and I like to have a couple decks on hand of many different TCGs so that when I have a friend over we can just play anything. My main Yugioh deck is Harpies, and I'd like to build another deck that's about on par. I'm mainly a casual Master Duel player these days so I'm not super knowledgeable about the game anymore. These are the archetypes that appeal to me -- would someone be willing to say whether they'd be a decent matchup for Harpies?

Gunkan
Toons
Amazoness
Dragonmaid
Lightsworn
Cyber Dragon

Or maybe there's something else you think might be a good choice. Thanks!

Last edited:
Looking for some advice on an IRL deck to build. I'm really into card games and I like to have a couple decks on hand of many different TCGs so that when I have a friend over we can just play anything. My main Yugioh deck is Harpies, and I'd like to build another deck that's about on par. I'm mainly a casual Master Duel player these days so I'm not super knowledgeable about the game anymore. These are the archetypes that appeal to me -- would someone be willing to say whether they'd be a decent matchup for Harpies?

Gunkan
Toons
Amazoness
Dragonmaid
Lightsworn

Or maybe there's something else you think might be a good choice. Thanks!
There is a rumored update for Harpies but it just won't materialize and all the time it takes to get to the TCG.

Amazoness right now is a super fun deck but a power level above maybe.

Gunkan will kill you traps and spells easily.

Dragonmaid lols at you.

Toons with BLS are probably too swingy with no back and forth.

Lightsworn will be more in line with some tuning for me is a super fun deck but I don't think random will enjoy it + missed timing galore.

Harpies actually are difficult to match up, even now few decks can deal with how they play + the best trap in the game.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
There is a rumored update for Harpies but it just won't materialize and all the time it takes to get to the TCG.

Amazoness right now is a super fun deck but a power level above maybe.

Gunkan will kill you traps and spells easily.

Dragonmaid lols at you.

Toons with BLS are probably too swingy with no back and forth.

Lightsworn will be more in line with some tuning for me is a super fun deck but I don't think random will enjoy it + missed timing galore.

Harpies actually are difficult to match up, even now few decks can deal with how they play + the best trap in the game.
Thank you for this. With Dragonmaid, are you saying they're leagues ahead of Harpies? I'm probably leaning towards Amazoness now -- I'd like having both of Mai's decks. Lightsworn are a nostalgic deck for me so I will probably want to build that eventually too.

Also, I edited in Cyber Dragons to my original post. Could you give me your take on those as well?

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for this. With Dragonmaid, are you saying they're leagues ahead of Harpies? I'm probably leaning towards Amazoness now -- I'd like having both of Mai's decks. Lightsworn are a nostalgic deck for me so I will probably want to build that eventually too.

Also, I edited in Cyber Dragons to my original post. Could you give me your take on those as well?
Cyber Dragons would probably destroy Harpies tbh.

Cyber Dragons would probably destroy Harpies tbh.
Eh, Cybers is best against destruction and they don't have anything against the Pet Dragon.

I'm also assuming we're talking pure decks here.

Will be also my choice but I love them. Play with the card ratios to get them a notch down.

And yeah Dragon maids just don't care about bounces.

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Fuck floodgates and giant omni negate monsters.

Malicious at 3 gives me life.

Could it also be a sign of a new summon mechanic on the way?

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Malicious back to 3 with Denier being in the game is kind of scary, actually lol.

Protos back at 1 sucks though, because Snake-Eye has access to it, Nemeses have a Pyro monster that can search it that could very easily be thrown in a Snake-Eye deck.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
So, just wondering, would people be down for a small MD tournament using the TCG banlist?

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
Watching reactions, this banlist is the proof that there is no way the community (as a whole or at local level) could agree on bans.

I was getting nervous about worlds but they have enough time to drop another banlist after this so it could still get spicier.

You can't appeal to casual, meta and fan community at the same time, there's always angry reactions to bans and unbans.

I'm happy with the banlist, i can still play snake-eyes fire king without any issue and i have some spicy ideas for Yubel, which on OCG is doing great things.

Over/Under OCG makes TCG print Maxx C #2 for Worlds?

INFO-027.webp

Multchummy Purulia

Level 4 WATER Aqua Effect Monster

ATK/ 100 DEF/ 600

If you control no cards (Quick Effect): You can discard this card; apply these effects for the rest of this turn.

• Each time your opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster(s) from the hand, immediately draw 1 card.
  • During the End Phase, if you have more cards in your hand than the number of cards your opponent controls +6, shuffle random cards from your hand into the Deck equal to the difference.

You can only activate the effects of other "Multchummy" monsters once the turn you activate this effect.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Over/Under OCG makes TCG print Maxx C #2 for Worlds?

INFO-027.webp

Multchummy Purulia

Level 4 WATER Aqua Effect Monster

ATK/ 100 DEF/ 600

If you control no cards (Quick Effect): You can discard this card; apply these effects for the rest of this turn.

• Each time your opponent Normal or Special Summons a monster(s) from the hand, immediately draw 1 card.
  • During the End Phase, if you have more cards in your hand than the number of cards your opponent controls +6, shuffle random cards from your hand into the Deck equal to the difference.

You can only activate the effects of other "Multchummy" monsters once the turn you activate this effect.

Hopefully this means Maxx C is banned in the OCG and thus, in Master Duel too

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
I've seen people call this "Min C" or "Under the C" and I love those nicknames.

But also yes, there's no way both this and Maxx C remain legal in the OCG, so Maxx C is probably getting banned soon there, and hopefully Master Duel.

Last edited: