• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What staple cards do you think will most frustrate people getting into the new LotD the most? I've honestly been out of the games for years (I think the last time I did anything was a few YGOpro duels in the early Vrains era) but I can still see shit like kaiju or sphere mode being incredibly annoying to players who have been gone for ages because people won't realize how fucking annoying cards that allow you to tribute an opponent's cards can be

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
What staple cards do you think will most frustrate people getting into the new LotD the most? I've honestly been out of the games for years (I think the last time I did anything was a few YGOpro duels in the early Vrains era) but I can still see shit like kaiju or sphere mode being incredibly annoying to players who have been gone for ages because people won't realize how fucking annoying cards that allow you to tribute an opponent's cards can be

Ash.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Hello guys, I am getting ready to get back to the TCG, but all I am doing is saving money for now. I am probably waiting for the new banlist before I decide what to buy. Just wondering what new decks could be up to my alley if my fav decks are:

Six Sam
Shiranui
World chalice
Thanks!

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really kept up with the TCG or series since the original duel monsters, but seeing this thread reminded me that I have a collection of old cards back at my parents house somewhere. I had built myself a water themed deck with Legendary Fisherman back when the show originally came to the US.

I'm going to buy the Switch release of Legacy of the Duelist though. First time I'll have bought a Yu-Gi-Oh game since the GBA days.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
...I just found out Hiita, the Fire Charmer Ablaze is a thing. Is that actually at all usable, or not really? And do we have the other ones/does it look likely we'll get them? Remember loving the original charmers, even if they sucked.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
...I just found out Hiita, the Fire Charmer Ablaze is a thing. Is that actually at all usable, or not really? And do we have the other ones/does it look likely we'll get them? Remember loving the original charmers, even if they sucked.

Every Generic or semi generic Link is usable

Chalmers are getting support in future releases

DuLsVlsW0AA9SQQ.jpg

Possessed Awakening
Continuous Spell Card
You can only use the (3) effect of this card's name once per turn.
(1) Monsters you control gain 300 ATK for each different Attribute of monster you control.
(2) "Charmer" and "Familiar-Possessed" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects.
(3) If a Spellcaster monster with 1850 Original ATK is Normal or Special Summoned to your field: Draw 1 card.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Every Generic or semi generic Link is usable

Chalmers are getting support in future releases

DuLsVlsW0AA9SQQ.jpg

Possessed Awakening
Continuous Spell Card
You can only use the (3) effect of this card's name once per turn.
(1) Monsters you control gain 300 ATK for each different Attribute of monster you control.
(2) "Charmer" and "Familiar-Possessed" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects.
(3) If a Spellcaster monster with 1850 Original ATK is Normal or Special Summoned to your field: Draw 1 card.
Ooh, nice! I do have to say, I really appreciate that whenever I check in on Yugioh it feels like they're throwing some stuff to old cards I wouldn't expect.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Man I hope the short prints don't kill Duel Power for me. Konami had been doing good this year with reprints, but what I've been hearing about the new set is a bummer. I want to pick up Evenly and Ogre.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Bought a whole box of Arena of Souls. Got a couple ok cards, still wish I could just use the ones I got, but a Ultra SD Michizuri is pretty cool

Bagu

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have starting tips for duel links?
Full disclaimer I'm not an expert at the game.
Decide first what sort of deck you want run.
Look up the cards you want to see if they're available through boxes, ranked tickets, character rewards/drops, or event exclusives.
If the box you're pulling from contains only one copy of the card you want: it might be a good idea to reset it right after you get it to conserve gems.
Stage level ups refill the Duel Word with NPCs to duel so don't wast duel orbs on that.
Duel Trails has a fair bit of reward gems for completing them.
The four areas of the Duel Word have spots you can click on for a random chance at getting gems. The fountain at the Gate, Lights at the Arena, top of the Shop, and the garbage can at the Card Studio.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
OrangeNova Fortune Lady tuner and synchro!

Fortune-Lady-Past.jpg

Fortune Lady Pasty (Fortune Lady Past)
DARK Spellcaster Tuner Effect Monster
LV1 ?/?
You can only use the third effect of this card's name once per turn.
(1) This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level times 200.
(2) During your Standby Phase: This card's Level increases by 1. (max. 12)
(3) You can target 1 "Fortune Lady" monster you control; banish from your hand, field, and/or GY any number of Spellcaster monsters, except the targeted monster, and if you do, either increase or decrease the targeted monster's Level by the same number until the end of the turn.

Fortune-Lady-Ever.jpg

Fortune Lady Everly (Fortune Lady Ever)
LIGHT Spellcaster Synchro Effect Monster
LV7 ?/?
Materials: 1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner Spellcaster monsters
You can only use the third effect of this card's name once per turn.
(1) This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level times 400.
(2) During your Standby Phase: This card's Level increases by 1. (max. 12). Then, you can banish 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.
(3) If this card is in your GY during your opponent's End Phase: You can banish 1 other Spellcaster monster from your GY; Special Summon this card.

Fortune-Lady-Calling.jpg

Fortune Lady Calling
Normal Spell
You can activate 1 card with this card's name per turn.
(1) If you control a "Fortune Lady" monster: For the rest of this turn after this card resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Synchro Monsters, also Special Summon from your Deck 1 "Fortune Lady" monster with a name different from the cards you control.

Fortune-Lady-Rewind.jpg

Fortune Lady Rewind
Normal Trap
You can activate 1 card with this card's name per turn.
(1) Target any number of your banished "Fortune Lady" monsters with different names; Special Summon them, but shuffle those Summoned monsters into the Deck during the End Phase.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Thanks for the recommendations on the speed deck. A lot of familiar cards and has satisfied some of my nostalgia. I motivated to look for my cards more.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Blood-Blossom-of-the-Afterlife.jpg

Blood Blossom of the Afterlife
Dark Fiend / Effect
LV1 0/0
You can only use this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) If this card is in your hand: You can target 1 Spell/Trap in each GY; banish them, and if you do, Special Summon this card.
(2) You can Tribute this card, then target 1 Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Monster in either GY; banish it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 monster with a different monster card type (Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link) from your GY.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Of course, the final battle of this arc will be Playmaker versus Bohman part 4. What happened to Revolver because I doubt he going to lose against Lightning.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Anyone else interested in legacy of the duelist switch? Burned out on duel links due to the mobile heated elements and the fact the story looks fun plus having an actual sealed/draft mode really appeals to me

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I need this.

FB_IMG_1555028136788.jpg

Each tin will come with 5 Prismatic Secret Rare variant cards:

●2 cards (from a set of 6 new cards) with art by Kazuki Takahashi, the creator of Yu-Gi-Oh!
●2 cards (from a set of 5 cards) from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! animated series, which includes the 3 Egyptian God Cards with art by Kazuki Takahashi.
●1 of 3 new World Premiere cards designed to be usable in any Deck, and help you stage a comeback against some of the fastest strategies that might come from your opponent. One card prevents Graveyard dumping, another punishes your opponent if they Summoned too many monsters, and the third gives you a reprieve if they set up a monstrously large field on their first turn.
● In addition, each tin has 3 Mega-Packs of a specially crafted set featuring popular cards released in 2018, like Danger!? Tsuchinoko!?, Knightmare Mermaid, and Called by the Grave. Each 16-card Mega-Pack has 12 Commons,1 Rare, 1 Super Rare, 1 Ultra Rare, and 1 Prismatic Secret Rare. All of the foil cards in these Mega-Packs appear in different rarities than their original 2018 release, adding a further element of mystery and excitement to the 2019 Gold Sarcophagus Tin!

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Picked up that new structure, it's so good! I want to try building an arcanite assault mode deck again with it... might need to pick up another two

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
I actually like this list quite a bit, minus the Kagari hit.

I would have preferred more of the spells to be limited and Kagari semi-limited. You really can't use Strikers in any other deck now.

Summon Sorcerer absolutely needed to go. Now maybe we'll get Needlefiber, though, it was smart of the TCG not to let both run around together.

Phantom Knights Rank-Up was seriously annoying, especially with Orcust looming over us. Plus now we didn't have any other unnecessary PK casualties.

Lady Debug was a Type searcher so I'm glad that was dealt with sooner than later.

RIP Dark Mater Dragon, you banish as cost and where involved in an upcoming FTK.

Phantom Skyblaster is almost funny. Still hard to believe several of Jesse's cards are now on the list.

Super Poly = wow.

Last edited:

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh I just bought a playset of Lady Debug too. And Cynet Mining is secret rare.... Maybe I'll just buy a playset of Flame Bufferlo in the meantime. And now I can dredge up my Lost World Dino deck again. Best structure deck of all time.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Given that Link Evo will have newer cards than we though, I wonder if it'll get to salamangreats. I've been playing Thunder Dragons on YGOPRO recently and that's probably the decks I hate dealing with the most. I can win occasionally, but it's just so hard to break the Salamangreat's board effectively