• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Frightening in combination with Labyrinth Tank.

Something new to summon Cannon Soldier from deck with.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
If anyone feel anything is missing from the OP for the Sevens era I'd really appreciate the input

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Rush Duel version of Blue-Eyes White Dragon Revealed
facebook_1578723474997.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I ordered three copies of the rokket structure deck, and now I'm just waiting for them to arrive, and for the new list before I start buying singles.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
"It's being stated that every box for the first print run of Rise of the Duelist will have a +1 Bonus Pack. "

Huh, as in one extra booster or 1 exclusive pack of cards?

Interesting. My guess is that it's a pack of Rush cards to promote it amongst longtime players

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
Thunder Dragon - Dead
Orcust - Dead
Sky Striker - Dead
Endymion - Crippled
Burning Abyss - [Laughing in Tour Guide]

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Norden broke the meta for a bit, lol. I've never found Azatoth that bad though; of course that's my bias cause I love a solid stun deck. XD

yDEECzb.png

Played around with the new Plunder Patroll theme today...sort of. Just gave me an excuse to bust out Atlantean shit after being a huge fanboy of the theme for years (Wiseblade can attest to this). It's been a while since I've played though so I just kind of jumped into YGOPro and did whatever.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Another support pack for Advanced format was anounced.

Duelist Pack - Duelist of Gloom

Which will focus on 3 anime characters known for using DARK monsters. I wonder who they are Marik? Reiji? Vector?

Important TCG Info
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Rush Duel is NOT coming to the TCG.

Sneak Peaks have been discontinued

No more Special Editions

No more rares on boosters

NO MORE SHORTPRINTS

To start things off the new rarity, commonly called 'prismatic secret rare' or 'Alternative Rare' has been given its official name: Starlight Rare

Next, with Eternity Code, regular Rares, the cards with no foil artwork but a silver foil lettering on the names, has been retired. Similar to Speed Duel booster sets, you will no longer receive these in your booster packs.

There are additional Super Ultra and Secret Rare cards in the sets that will be distributed flat instead. All cards will be evenly distributed, which means no short or underprinted foils in Main Sets for the foils. Starlight Rares will be bumped up from 4 to 5 cards per set. It is not yet known how the distribution of alternatives to foils will go now that there is no Rare to replace. Each pack will contain 8 commons and 1 foil card.
Rares are not gone indefinitely, but there are no current plans to bring them back, just the possibility to do so exists.

Ignition Assault is confirmed to be the last Sneak Peek. These events have been discontinued. From ETCO (eternity code) onward, there will be Pre-Release events in which you get better promo cards (much more playable is the phraseology used). With the visit of the event you get the right to purchase 1 box of the set. The rest of the event will be open dueling.

Special Editions will be discontinued with ETCO. IGAS (Ignition Assault) will be the final Special Edition product. A new product will replace it in the future. More information will come later on this.

Rush Duels will not be introduced to the TCG. For now they will remain exclusive to Japan. Rush Duels are presently considered the OCG Equivalent of Speed Duels.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
"No more shortprints." Assuming this also applies to NA.

I'll believe it when I see it.

No more Rare is good though. Rate sucks.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I guess no new mechanic confirmed.

We got our first look at "Rise of the Duelist"
Rise-of-the-Duelist-Packaging.png

Gaia-the-Magical-Knight.jpg

Gaia the Magical Knight
LIGHT Warrior Effect Monster
LV7 2300/2100
(This card is always treated as "Gaia the Fierce Knight")
You can only use the (2) effect of this card's name once per turn.
(1) If you control no monsters or if your opponent controls a monster with 2300 or more ATK, you can Normal Summon this card without Tribute.
(2) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 Dragon monster from your hand or GY in Defense Position.

Cursed-Dragon-Curse-of-Dragon.jpg

Cursed Dragon – Curse of Dragon
DARK Dragon Effect Monster
LV5 2000/1500
You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.
(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 Spell/Trap that specifically mentions "Gaia the Dragon Champion" from your Deck to your hand.
(2) If this card is sent to the GY: You can target 1 "Gaia the Dragon Champion" you control; negate the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent controls that have ATK equal to or less than that monster's.

Bombarding-Catapult-Turtle.jpg

Bombarding Catapult Turtle
WATER Aqua Effect Monster
LV4 1000/2000
You can only use the effect of this card's name once per turn.
(1) Tribute 1 monster you control;Special Summon 1 "Gaia the Fierce Knight" monster OR 1 Level 5 Dragon monster from your hand or Deck.

Soldier-Gaia-the-Fierce-Knight.jpg

Soldier Gaia the Fierce Knight
DARK Warrior Effect Monster
LV8 2600/2100
You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.
(1) (Quick Effect): Tribute 1 Dragon Fusion Monster you control; Special Summon this card from your hand.
(2) If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Attack Position monster on the field;change that monster to Defense Position.
(3) You can Tribute this card; add 1 Level 7 or higher Warrior monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Soldier Gaia the Fierce Knight".

Gaia-the-Magical-Dragon-Champion.jpg

Gaia the Magical Dragon Champion
WIND Dragon Fusion Effect Monster
LV7 2600/2100
Materials: 1 "Gaia the Fierce Knight" monster + 1 Level 5 Dragon monster
You can only use the (2) and (3) effect of this card's name each once per turn.
(1) While this card is in a Monster Zone, it's card name is treated as "Gaia the Dragon Champion".
(2) During the Main Phase: You can target 1 other card on the field; this card loses 2600 ATK; destroy that target.
(3) If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: This card gains 2600 ATK.

Charging-Gaia.jpg

Charging Gaia
Field Spell Card
You can only use the (2) effect of this card's name once per turn.
(1) If you control "Gaia the Dragon Champion", your opponent cannot activate effects during the Battle Phase.
(2) Apply one of the following.
• You can reveal 1 "Gaia the Fierce Knight" monster in your hand; add 1 Level 5 Dragon monster from your Deck to your hand.
• You can reveal 1 Level 5 Dragon monster in your hand; add 1 "Gaia the Fierce Knight" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Spiral-Fusion.jpg

Spiral Fusion
Normal Spell Card
(1) Fusion Summon 1 Dragon Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck using monsters from your hand or that you control as material. A "Gaia the Dragon Champion" Summoned by this card gains 2600 ATK and can make 2 attacks against monsters per Battle Phase.

Spiral-Discharge.jpg

Spiral Discharge
Continuous Trap
You can only use the 2nd effect of "Spiral Discharge" once per turn.
(1) While you control a "Gaia the Dragon Champion in a Monster Zone, your opponent cannot target other monster(s) you control for an attack, except "Gaia the Dragon Champion".
(2) When an attack is declared involving your "Gaia the Dragon Champion", you can target 1 card on the field; destroy it.

Spiral-Reborn.jpg

Spiral Reborn
Normal Trap Card
You can only activate 1 "Spiral Reborn" per turn.
(1) Target 1 Level 7 or lower Dragon monster in your GY; Special summon it. A "Gaia the Dragon Champion" Summoned by this card cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effect(s).

Source:
beyondtheduel.com

[ROTD] Gaia the Fierce Knight support confirmed!

The first cards of Rise of the Duelist has just been announced and some pretty interesting legacy support just got confirmed… Gaia the Fierce Knight support which even gives the deck OTK capabilities!

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I only lost Glow-Up Bulb from my lightsworn deck. So I dropped it and the one copy of Garoth I was using for one Pot of Avarice and Upstart Goblin.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm nostalgic seeing all the OG random monsters like Ammonknight pop up in the Rush Duels format.

I'm looking forward to the show if they showcase a bunch of classic monsters since my opinion on modern anime monster designs are...less than stellar outside the big name ones.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
beyondtheduel.com

[TCG] Toon Chaos Packaging

More Toon monsters are coming soon, with a Toon Black Luster Soldier and more! The Toon Chaos booster pack is due to arrive in the TCG on June 18, 2020 and it will contain new cards

Massive Toon support coming

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm nostalgic seeing all the OG random monsters like Ammonknight pop up in the Rush Duels format.

I'm looking forward to the show if they showcase a bunch of classic monsters since my opinion on modern anime monster designs are...less than stellar outside the big name ones.

I'm a bit worried because I feel like they're really holding back on effects for monsters, the moment they make effects more consistent...It will be Invasion of Chaos all over again

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm a bit worried because I feel like they're really holding back on effects for monsters, the moment they make effects more consistent...It will be Invasion of Chaos all over again
Yeah they should've atleast since it's aimed at a simpler system maybe gave monsters basic ATK boosts or something simple, like maybe elemental weaknesses like some of the old games.

Apparently one monster coming back is one of those obscure monsters that have basically never been reprinted or even releases in the TCG, basically limited to the old video games as trash.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Any title suggestions for the SEVENS anime OT?

I got nothing

Edit: How about "Yu-Gi-Oh! SEVENS |OT| The Seven Deadly Malefics"?...you know, cause "Sin" was localized as "Malefic"?...I'll show myself out

Last edited:

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Played Rush Duels for the first time ever on the new YGOPro and I had a blast! I actually think theres a lot about this new format that's better designed than Advanced. It seems intimidating because of how underpowered things are compared to something like Advanced or even Duel Links, but cards that would otherwise be trash thanks to Normal Summon limits are now 1000x better.

Theres still a ton of tension due to the existence of cards like Dark Liberation as well.

Played a Seven Roads Beatdown deck and splashed in ther other Starter Deck dragon in my side deck. They both surprisingly synergistic with each other because of how easy you can trigger their effects and how having different attributes in your GY turns Seven Roads Magician into a beast.