• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Pendulum + Spell Counter was kinda obvious.

Surprised it didn't happen at the height of the Pendulum Era
They absolutely forget that spell counters exist as an archtype every few sets... then it comes back in full force for a while.

Also went and picked up 2 more, and i'm gonna slap it together with some other cards I have kicking about

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of frustrating how Vrain's villains constantly resort to literal blatant cheating to be threatening. Now we're not only letting the villain use a skill during a master duel, but letting him use multiple different skills as well during a master duel. Honestly fuck Bohman

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
It's kind of frustrating how Vrain's villains constantly resort to literal blatant cheating to be threatening. Now we're not only letting the villain use a skill during a master duel, but letting him use multiple different skills as well during a master duel. Honestly fuck Bohman

I'm glad Ai called out Bohman for being a complete hypocrite. Bohman thinks he is a noble duelist but he is no different from Lightning.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED

Firewall-Dragon-Darkfluid.jpg

Firewall Dragon Darkfluid

DARK Cyberse Link Effect Monster
LINK-5 ATK3000
Links: Top, Left, Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materals: 3+ Effect Monsters
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can place counters on this card equal to how many different types of Cyberse monsters are in your GY (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz).
(2) During the Battle Phase, this card gains 2500 ATK for each of these counters.
(3) When an opponent's monster effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can remove 1 counter from this card; negate that activation. If this effect was activated at any time between this card's attack declaration and the end of the Damage Step, it can make 1 more attack in a row.

I guess this confirms no pendulums in VRAINS for now lol

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED

LINK-5 ATK3000
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can place counters on this card equal to how many different types of Cyberse monsters are in your GY (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz).
(2) During the Battle Phase, this card gains 2500 ATK for each of these counters.
(3) When an opponent's monster effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can remove 1 counter from this card; negate that activation. If this effect was activated at any time between this card's attack declaration and the end of the Damage Step, it can make 1 more attack in a row.

That thing is a monster whew

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I started giving VRAINS another chance...

And I kind of like it? At the part with the 3 Hanoi Generals and it's pretty neat now that they explained a bit of stuff.

That episode with Naoki dueling the Hanoi guy and both getting bad hands made me laugh.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Just finished up the manga version of 5D's, Sect was fun, and it was amusing to see the continued trend of light references but no direct pulls from other shows. I also read the original, R and GX(Planet series and Ma'at were cool). Been experiencing Yugioh this way so I guess Zexal is next

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
LotD:Link Evolution and the new Spellcounter structure deck for me back into the game and I'm glad to see that almost all my favorite archetypes have received me support since I left 6 years ago:

Spellbook/Prophecy
Six Samurai
Madolche

Now to just patiently wait for Konami to remember Jurracs are a thing. Unless there's some generic Dinosaur/FIRE Link support I should know about?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
LotD:Link Evolution and the new Spellcounter structure deck for me back into the game and I'm glad to see that almost all my favorite archetypes have received me support since I left 6 years ago:

Spellbook/Prophecy
Six Samurai
Madolche

Now to just patiently wait for Konami to remember Jurracs are a thing. Unless there's some generic Dinosaur/FIRE Link support I should know about?

48815792.jpg

They're using this ATM

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I saw that when I was looking at the Spellcaster link lineup and thought of Jurracs. I was hoping for something more archetype specific though to compensate for the fact that Rekindling is still at one in the TCG. Hiita will work great when I get around to building Jurracs in LotD:LE though.

Why is Rekindling still at one anyway? The Shooting Quasar Dragon plays that got it hit in the first place are LONG dead.

EDIT: I JUST DISCOVERED MISCELLANEOUSAURUS

I AM EXCITED

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
If I want to get back into the game, how would I start?

Giving the "What's New?" section of the OP a good read

Then come back to us if you have questions about the new card types.

Then give us a general idea of what playstyles you like so we can give you some ideas and point you to products/singles to get

:)

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
So pendulum monsters are played just like regular spell cards into the pendulum zone? And then after you place two of them you can summon as many monsters as you want from your hand/extra deck once per turn?

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So pendulum monsters are played just like regular spell cards into the pendulum zone? And then after you place two of them you can summon as many monsters as you want from your hand/extra deck once per turn?

Yeah, you just activate them as spells

When they touch the Pendulum Zones they are considered continuous Spell cards and use their Spell effect.

When you put two you can indeed summon as many monsters as you want from your hand provided their levels are inbetween the scale values of the 2 pendulums in your Pendulum Zones.

As for extra deck monsters, yes you can also summon as many as you can if their Levels are inbetween the scale values too. However only face-up Pendulums in the Extra Deck can be summoned through Pendulum Summon and since they're coming from the extra deck they must go into an available Extra Monster Zone.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED

LINK-5 ATK3000

I mean in fairness it's significantly more annoying to get pendulum monsters into the graveyard than the other types since they either need to be sent there from the hand or used as XYZ material, otherwise they'll just go to the extra deck

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does increasing ATK to ridiculous levels even matter in the game now or is it just an effect to make the kids go "wow that's cool" when the effects people care about are the removal and negation ones.

I remember reading that Life Points don't even matter now as long as they're not 0.

Bakrider

Oct 31, 2017
Does increasing ATK to ridiculous levels even matter in the game now or is it just an effect to make the kids go "wow that's cool" when the effects people care about are the removal and negation ones.

I remember reading that Life Points don't even matter now as long as they're not 0.
There are definitely meta monsters that reach insane Atk values, Utopia Double comes to mind.

As for the Life Poins, they certainly matter in time. Not to mention paying for Solemns can put you in dangerous OTK situations.

Also those Banish life gain decks are super annoying to verse. Hate trying to take down 25,000 life points.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Ridicoulusly high attack is meaningless with no strategy behind it, yes.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Life points don't matter that much (though newer time rules apparently mean that quick burn effects are actually seeing more value in tournaments from what I've heard) but they aren't irrelevant. Generally though most meta decks have the potential to do some form of OTK at least some of the time, and losing life points is a way better cost than losing card advantage. This is also not new at all, life points have literally always been seen as a resource, hence why a card like Cyber Stein was always fantastic despite it's huge life cost

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I searched for this thread just to complain about how salty I am about the last Vrains episode

They fucking hype the SOL chess pieces since the start of S1 and prop up Queen as the possible next big bad... just to have her killed in like half of this season's first episode and in the most humilliating way possible ("screw the rules i have money!") just to prop up Ai as a villain.

VRAINS is garbage with women already, but I wasn't expecting them to make her job like that. Another woman who gets sacrificed to make the dudes look better.

Also, while Ai and Roboppy are a million times better than Bohman and Haru (both design and character wise), this just feels like the exact same setup from last season's start. I also can't buy that he went from "DONT FORGET OUR BONDS, PLAYMAKER" so fast to Final Boss Evil Revenge Guy.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I searched for this thread just to complain about how salty I am about the last Vrains episode

They fucking hype the SOL chess pieces since the start of S1 and prop up Queen as the possible next big bad... just to have her killed in like half of this season's first episode and in the most humilliating way possible ("screw the rules i have money!") just to prop up Ai as a villain.

VRAINS is garbage with women already, but I wasn't expecting them to make her job like that. Another woman who gets sacrificed to make the dudes look better.

Also, while Ai and Roboppy are a million times better than Bohman and Haru (both design and character wise), this just feels like the exact same setup from last season's start. I also can't buy that he went from "DONT FORGET OUR BONDS, PLAYMAKER" so fast to Final Boss Evil Revenge Guy.

Wow, Queen was wiped out in an one episode duel.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So there's like a 0% chance that Pandor doesn't end up biting Revolver in the ass, right? Totally going to have that protection removed by Ai or something like that lol

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
What are the odds of Madolche cards finally getting reprinted in that Fist of the Gadgets set in August? Eager to build that deck, but the price of Mageline is putting me off. Most of the cards have only got their original printing so they're definitely due...

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
What are the odds of Madolche cards finally getting reprinted in that Fist of the Gadgets set in August? Eager to build that deck, but the price of Mageline is putting me off. Most of the cards have only got their original printing so they're definitely due...

Have they said anything about Madolche for the set?

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Not really, I've just noticed a lot of reprints/support for archetypes from the 8th booster series and just selling things into existence.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
So, the newest OCG banlist is out.

Anyone know where to get cheap flights to Japan? Also, worlds is going to be fun.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
I don't think Ai will be the true Big Bad for this season of VRAINS. It will probably be Pandora or the other Chess pieces from SOL Technologies.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question, what sort of card sleeves does everyone recommend using? I have MTG cards as well so I've been using a bunch of Dragon Shields I had, which seem to be fine but need to get some more soon.

Anyway, thanks to Fj0823's great thread going over cards from the show I've begun building a Galaxy/Photon deck as well as just picking up some cards I've always liked or came across in the thread.

Currently have:

Main Deck:
Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon x2 (Third on the way)
Galaxy Knight x1
Galaxy Cleric x1
Photon Vanisher x3
Photon Thrasher x3
Photon Crusher x3
Kuriphoton x3
Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring x1
Accellight x3
Photon Change x3

Extra Deck:
Galaxy-Eyes Solflare Dragon x3
Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon x1
Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon x1
Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon x1
Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord x1
Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon x1
Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon x1
Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon x1
Hope Harbinger Dragon Titantic Galaxy x1
Cyber Dragon Infinity x1
Cyber Dragon Nova x1

Also have Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon and Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon, though I realize the former is banned and the latter isn't easy to bring out right now.

Currently planning to get at some point

Main Deck:
Galaxy Knight x2
Galaxy Cleric x2
Galaxy Wizard x3
Galaxy Brave x3
Galaxy Soldier x3
Photon Orbital x3 (This one will probably need to wait a while. Fj0823, you were definitely right that it was a shame I didn't pull him with the box)
Galaxy Expedition x3
Galaxy Trance x3
Tachyon Transmigration x3

Curious if there's any cards I might be overlooking potentially or maybe that I shouldn't bother considering.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Quick question, what sort of card sleeves does everyone recommend using? I have MTG cards as well so I've been using a bunch of Dragon Shields I had, which seem to be fine but need to get some more soon.

Anyway, thanks to Fj0823's great thread going over cards from the show I've begun building a Galaxy/Photon deck as well as just picking up some cards I've always liked or came across in the thread.

Currently have:

Main Deck:
Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon x2 (Third on the way)
Galaxy Knight x1
Galaxy Cleric x1
Photon Vanisher x3
Photon Thrasher x3
Photon Crusher x3
Kuriphoton x3
Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring x1
Accellight x3
Photon Change x3

Extra Deck:
Galaxy-Eyes Solflare Dragon x3
Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon x1
Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon x1
Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon x1
Galaxy-Eyes Photon Lord x1
Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon x1
Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon x1
Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon x1
Hope Harbinger Dragon Titantic Galaxy x1
Cyber Dragon Infinity x1
Cyber Dragon Nova x1

Also have Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon and Neo Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon, though I realize the former is banned and the latter isn't easy to bring out right now.

Currently planning to get at some point

Main Deck:
Galaxy Knight x2
Galaxy Cleric x2
Galaxy Wizard x3
Galaxy Brave x3
Galaxy Soldier x3
Photon Orbital x3 (This one will probably need to wait a while. Fj0823, you were definitely right that it was a shame I didn't pull him with the box)
Galaxy Expedition x3
Galaxy Trance x3
Tachyon Transmigration x3

Curious if there's any cards I might be overlooking potentially or maybe that I shouldn't bother considering.

Regarding sleeves, I like using ULTRA PRO, myself.

Remove the Crushers and Kuriphoton completely and replace them with 2-3 Galaxy Wizard, another Galaxy Knight or two, 1-2 Galaxy Brave and a you absolutely need at least 1 Photon Advancer

Photon Orbital x3 is a total must (I only happen to own 2 because they are so rare around here and even then they work wonders)

Expedition is a 2-3 of for sure.

Accelight at 3 is a bit much. I rather use 2 and a "Reinforcement of the Army" to fetch Thrasher or Vanisher. Some player even use just 1 or none at all

I only use 2 "Galaxy Trance" as it's an easy search with Wizard or Photon Lord

I only use 2 Tachyon Transmigration, and sometimes I feel like cutting it to 1.

You're missing one very important card in that list.

This card is an instant "Solflare Dragon" Link summon, which means recovering a card from the grave. Use 3.

Your Extra Deck is pretty much set! But I would Drop Neo Photon in favor of Tachyon

Last edited:

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding sleeves, I like using ULTRA PRO, myself.

Remove the Crushers and Kuriphoton completely and replace them with 2-3 Galaxy Wizard, another Galaxy Knight or two, 1-2 Galaxy Brave and a you absolutely need at least 1 Photon Advancer

Photon Orbital x3 is a total must (I only happen to own 2 because they are so rare around here and even then they work wonders)

Expedition is a 2-3 of for sure.

Accelight at 3 is a bit much. I rather use 2 and a "Reinforcement of the Army" to fetch Thrasher or Vanisher. Some player even use just 1 or none at all

I only use 2 "Galaxy Trance" as it's an easy search with Wizard or Photon Lord

I only use 2 Tachyon Transmigration, and sometimes I feel like cutting it to 1.

You're missing one very important card in that list.

This card is an instant "Solflare Dragon" Link summon, which means recovering a card from the grave. Use 3.

Your Extra Deck is pretty much set! But I would Drop Neo Photon in favor of Tachyon

I wasn't necessarily planning to use 3 Accellight just noting I had them as with the others. I actually have more than 3 in some cases, but with 3 being the max I suppose I didn't see the need to mention more.

It's a shame Orbital is so rare given how much of a must it is for the deck.

Oh, I was looking more and saw that one. What about ones like Galaxy Zero or Photon Change?

Do you mean add another Tachyon or run Neo Tachyon? Have two more spots though unsure if I should go for maybe another Photon Lord or Prime Photon or spring for another I've seen in other decks like Starliege Photon Blast Dragon,

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I wasn't necessarily planning to use 3 Accellight just noting I had them as with the others. I actually have more than 3 in some cases, but with 3 being the max I suppose I didn't see the need to mention more.

It's a shame Orbital is so rare given how much of a must it is for the deck.

Oh, I was looking more and saw that one. What about ones like Galaxy Zero or Photon Change?

Do you mean add another Tachyon or run Neo Tachyon? Have two more spots though unsure if I should go for maybe another Photon Lord or Prime Photon or spring for another I've seen in other decks like Starliege Photon Blast Dragon,

I didn't see OG Tachyon in your original list sorry. But yeah I meant him

That said Neo Tachyon is looking like a really viable option for us Photon Players, thanks to this guy:

"Number 97: Dragravion"

2 Level 8 monsters
Your opponent cannot target this card with card effects. You can detach 1 material from this card; choose 2 Dragon "Number" monsters with different names from your Extra Deck and/or GY, except "Number 97: Dragravion", and Special Summon 1 of them, and if you do, attach the other monster to it as material. For the rest of this turn after this effect resolves, you can only declare an attack with the Summoned monster, also you cannot Special Summon other monsters. You can only use this effect of "Number 97: Dragravion" once per turn.

So you might as well wait a couple of weeks for Dragravion to come out and then add Neo Tachyon

Photon Change is fine, you can use 1 or 2, and Galaxy Zero is a good 1 of, provided you are using Monster Reborn too

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see OG Tachyon in your original list sorry. But yeah I meant him

That said Neo Tachyon is looking like a really viable option for us Photon Players, thanks to this guy:

"Number 97: Dragravion"

So you might as well wait a couple of weeks for Dragravion to come out and then add Neo Tachyon

I was actually just looking at him to see if he was out yet! But yeah that would take care of two more slots then.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I see many players recommend this guy too for Photon decks, haven't tried it myself

I actually saw a deck that combined Galaxy/Photon with Mekk-Knight. Shame I didn't pull him as I got a couple packs from Dark NeoStorm. I did get Dingirsu, though he doesn't seem to line up with anything I'd be building right now.