• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I've been re-watching the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh on Netflix and currently getting towards the end of Battle City.

I will fight anyone who says Joey didn't beat Marik in the Semi-Finals.

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I just ordered 3 Cupid Volley (extremely cheap) to try out in my lightsworn deck. While I wait for them to arrive, I've playtested hands (by myself) using proxies, so far, seem to be working well. My deck isn't super competitive though.

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
I just ordered 3 Cupid Volley (extremely cheap) to try out in my lightsworn deck. While I wait for them to arrive, I've playtested hands (by myself) using proxies, so far, seem to be working well. My deck isn't super competitive though.
I understand why you would want to try this monster but I just don't see what it contributes to the deck. Unless things have changed drastically since I last looked at the archetype, a Cupid Volley normal Summon wouldn't get you more than a Rank 4 play.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Finished the first season of VRAINS recently and I know the show doesn't get much love around these parts but I thought that it was decent. I don't want to do a whole paragraph review of it that maybe 10 people will read, but in bullet points:

Things I liked:
-Focus on the main story. I prefer Yu Gi Oh shows being laser focused on the plot rather than doing random one-off episodes. I thought the focus on the plot was done well here and I did want to find out more
-Duels: Ok, this one is a bit weird. The link-spamming that goes on in the duels is awful but I did like how the duels were dramatised and how they unfolded, especially as most duels weren't one-episode 3 draw long duels. The team behind VRAINS got particularly good at them in the end of the season which bring me to
-The ending of the season: From the moment Spencer shows up and battles Blue Angel the duels and the pace is great and you can honestly easily binge it all till the end.
-Playmaker v Revolver: I liked their rivarly and the fact that evey time they duels they would do a Speed and Master duel as well which meant that their confrontations were long and well done
-Ai- I thought it was a great spin on the ghost of someone who is with the main protagonist. Ai is a comic relief instead and that's great.
-I didn't mind Yusaku like someone on this board. I thought he was a standard stoic Yu Gi Oh protagonist with a twist that he wasn't motivated by friendship but by revenge. Now, his "I have people to fight for" at the end without actually talking about anyone feels weird but oh well, gotta put in the the power of friendship. Plus it is obvious dude is suffering hard from a PTSD. He even admits as such
-Aoi: I really like the idea behind an insecure and quiet girl being her dream IDOL in VR. Feels like a natural thing to do
-Code Talkers: They're a cool spin on the ace monsters- Yusaku has a whole army of strong monsters that share a design philosophy and compliment each other

Things I did not like:
-VRAINs world: it looks so devoid of life and boring that I don't know why would anyone be excited to be there
-Link Spamming: I guess this is more of a thing in the card game now as well as Link summoning was very obviously not thought out well but still it gets annoying when Playmaker make 10 Link summons in one turn.
-Link Summoning animation: by which I mean the first one- too long and boring. Glad they changed it
-Speed Duels: Like why do you need to use a hover board to duel during a storm? What's the point and how is it related to the VR world at all?
-Aoi and Go are only featured in the series because they are in the opening credits
-Firewall Dragon: Like why even feature him prominently when Yusaku never uses him. Even in the final duel he's only used to get to Decode Talker.
-Storm Access: You don't have to be so blatant with your Deus Ex Machina. I didn't like Action Cards or the Zexal Draw so I certainly don't like Storm Access.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
66582922_2761890900506257_7907056713449078784_n.png

66727707_2761890987172915_9176683070877597696_n.png

66852358_2761891117172902_6742719679690702848_n.png

67352338_2761891180506229_7619875314339938304_n.png

tenor.gif

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Rekindling at 3 is the bare minimum for Jurracs to be playable, so that's already a good start.

The list seems like a reset of the current 4 deck meta, with a hit to Altergeist for good measure. Thunder Dragons seem like they're in the best shape after the list but everything got a punch to the gut with some "please slow down" cards getting unlocked. Don't know how much impact Dark Hole and Solemn Judgment will have at three but I'm not opposed to it and it's mildly nostalgic.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rekindling at 3 is the bare minimum for Jurracs to be playable, so that's already a good start.

The list seems like a reset of the current 4 deck meta, with a hit to Altergeist for good measure. Thunder Dragons seem like they're in the best shape after the list but everything got a punch to the gut with some "please slow down" cards getting unlocked. Don't know how much impact Dark Hole and Solemn Judgment will have at three but I'm not opposed to it and it's mildly nostalgic.
Dark Hole won't make any impact when Raigeki is also at 3 and nobody uses it. And yeah, while Thunder probably got the most hits, the hits it got are less notable and more manageable than the other big 4 got. Salamangreat in particular got fucked since while everyone expected Gazelle to 1, having circle go to 1 as well really hurts the decks consistency to a large degree (and makes the deck way, way more expensive if you want to keep playing it),. Pendulum Magicians are probably going to become more prominent since they're one of the stronger decks to not get any hits

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
Dark Hole won't make any impact when Raigeki is also at 3 and nobody uses it. And yeah, while Thunder probably got the most hits, the hits it got are less notable and more manageable than the other big 4 got. Salamangreat in particular got fucked since while everyone expected Gazelle to 1, having circle go to 1 as well really hurts the decks consistency to a large degree (and makes the deck way, way more expensive if you want to keep playing it),. Pendulum Magicians are probably going to become more prominent since they're one of the stronger decks to not get any hits

- What? Raigeki is at 1.
- Isn't Pendulum Magicians more vulnerable to disruption than the current top decks? I don't see them rising up whem the immediate reaction is probably to fill the empty space with handtraps.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
- What? Raigeki is at 1.
- Isn't Pendulum Magicians more vulnerable to disruption than the current top decks? I don't see them rising up whem the immediate reaction is probably to fill the empty space with handtraps.
Huh, could've sworn Raigeki was higher. Still nobody uses it. I don't think replacing vital consistency cards with hand traps really helps most of the decks that are hurt really badly. Especially salamangreats which already played a fuck ton of hand traps

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a more casual fan, you ever just open a random card pack and immediately fall in love with an archetype? Because Prank Kids is an instant need for me now, and i'm half tempted to buy the Hidden Summoners booster box(which is relatively cheaper than most) Just for those cards.

I love semi-cute cards that end up whoopin ass like Fluffals and Prank Kids are right up my alley, but they're so new and don't have too much actual support in the archetype(Only 4 main deck monsters :/)

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
As a more casual fan, you ever just open a random card pack and immediately fall in love with an archetype? Because Prank Kids is an instant need for me now, and i'm half tempted to buy the Hidden Summoners booster box(which is relatively cheaper than most) Just for those cards.

I love semi-cute cards that end up whoopin ass like Fluffals and Prank Kids are right up my alley, but they're so new and don't have too much actual support in the archetype(Only 4 main deck monsters :/)

Yes. That's what got me my galaxies

Wiseblade

Oct 26, 2017
That was definitely me with Madolche back in Return of the Duelist. I had already pledged my life to Spellbooks from the previews, but the Madolche art and gameplay gimmick put them in a respectable second.

I don't think I've ever been enamoured with an archetype faster than with Spellbooks though. Universal spellcaster support spells that easily search each other out and gradually drown the opponent in advantage? LET ME SIGN THE BLOOD OATH NOW

Last edited:

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Ai's motivations for turning into Bohman 2.0 makes no sense. He is using Judgement Arrows. Did he forget about Lightning destroying their world? Ai isn't a tragic anti villain, he's a delusional megalomaniac.

Last edited:

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ai's motivations for turning into Bohman 2.0 make no sense. He is using Judgement Arrows.Did he forget about Lightning destroying their world? Ai isn't a tragic anti villain he's a delusional megalomaniac.
Yeah I'm really hoping there's more to this that's being unsaid because the whole thing falls apart when you stop to think for a second and realize the one who actually killed all the other Ignis is Bohman, who wasn't human anyways.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I'm really hoping there's more to this that's being unsaid because the whole thing falls apart when you stop to think for a second and realize the one who actually killed all the other Ignis is Bohman, who wasn't human anyways.

Did Ai also overlooked the fact that Lightning rewired Windy into being his unhinged subordinate.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Who is the best used/written main female character in Yugioh? I was thinking about it and all of them were bad or got shafted for different reason.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Rumors are true. VRAINS will end with episode 120. Making it the shortest YGO show ever made.

This and the lack of Manga....Oof

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of actually getting back into the physical card game, what would I actually need beyond just cards? I guess I'd need a good form of storage and card sleeves, anything else I should keep in mind?

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Hey All!

Sorry for not been able to keep the thread updated.

My last 3 months finishing school were hell and I could not keep up with all the Yu-Gi-Oh! News that have been coming out...You could even say I was in a....Rush! (I'll see myself out)

With that said! I have now updated the OP to reflect everything we know about Yu-Gi-Oh!'s Generation 7.

The New Stuff section for new and returning players has been updated with the changes regarding the Extra Monster Zone and a new section regarding Rush Duels has been added!

Plus, I have requested a title change.

Happy New Year to you all!

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
How popular is the online game. Should i go iOS or switch (i know they are different games but is one more popular?)

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm slowly making my way through the Duelist Kingdom portion of Link Evolution.

This is basically what I'm used to with Yu-Gi-Oh games lol...having to keep track of all the extra deck stuff in the later series intimidates me.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm slowly making my way through the Duelist Kingdom portion of Link Evolution.

This is basically what I'm used to with Yu-Gi-Oh games lol...having to keep track of all the extra deck stuff in the later series intimidates me.

For all its faults, Link evolution is a great way to learn how to use the Extra Deck.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For all its faults, Link evolution is a great way to learn how to use the Extra Deck.
Yep I'm interested in playing the character decks instead of getting tossed in and expected to build my own

I wish you could view the character's deck before each duel but I guess part of the fun is figuring out what strategy your deck is going for...like with Panik realizing it wanted me to get around his Mirror Forces and defenses by using Mother Grizzly to search out Catapult Turtle.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
A new card has been anounced for the last set of the VRAINS era

And it's really good fusion support.

EMxigW6UwAEAsKS.jpg

ETCO-JP071

Fusion Dispatch
Normal Spell
You can only activate 1 card with this card's name per turn.
(1) Reveal 1 Fusion Monster in your Extra Deck, and if you do, Special Summon 1 of the Fusion Materials whose name is specifically listed on that card from your hand or Deck. You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck the turn you activate this card, except Fusion Monsters.