• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Asked if he would like to return to Virtua Fighter and Out Run, Suzuki told VGC: "Yes I would like to [return to those]. If you're going to ask me what, I can't answer that!"
Pushed on whether that means he might already be in discussions for the IP, he replied: "Yes, there might be something [happening]. But since the IP you mentioned are owned by Sega, I would need to work with them. I am a special consultant with Sega, but we will need to talk."
Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...e-could-return-to-virtua-fighter-and-out-run/

Man, Virtua Fighter 6 has to be happening at some point. They don't need a huge budget to do it, maybe something on the scale of SCVI would do.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yu being a special consultant on Virtua Fighter 6 or a brand new outrun feels like a fever dream at this point

but Shenmue 3 is happening so I guess anything is possible

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
I also would like Yu Suzuki to return to Out Run, Virtua Fighter, and other IPs. It'd be a dream come true to see another great entry in those series these days.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I'm good, I don't think I want Suzuki on a fighting game

What could he bring that any other person at AM2 can't bring

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I know everyone wants vf6 more, but damn, I would kill for new Outrun. Omg......come on sega, kiss and make up already. I cant believe a man of this calibur has to basically be humble and lowkey beg to work on sequels to his own masterpieces. Seems sad but at least the ball has begun rolling I suppose...

Via_Purifico

Oct 25, 2017
I know everyone wants vf6 more, but damn, I would kill for new Outrun. Omg......come on sega, kiss and make up already. I cant believe a man of this calibur has to basically be humble and lowkey beg to work on sequels to his own masterpieces. Seems sad but at least the ball has begun rolling I suppose...

Why not both? both have been out of the spotlight for too long. SEGA should revive Zombie Revenge as well, in today's market it could be something special imo.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I would quite literally sell my soul for one or both of those games.

But who knows? Sonic Mania was one of those dream games that I never thought would happen, and now with Streets of Rage 4 and the recent shower of Yakuzas... I still believe.

Hey SEGA, wanna try something novel? Make them both PS5 lauch exclusives and watch those consoles fly of the shelves haha (which isn't too crazy of an idea, since SEGA and Sony have had a good relationship for quite a while now).

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I hate these interview questions. These designers always want to go back to old franchises, they're always excited about it, and they get asked this all the time. It never means anything.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
If Outrun comes back I hope Sega don't feel like they have to license cars from Ferrari again. They could just make up a car for all I care.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please, please, please let there be another Virtua Fighter one day.

Or maybe a new Outrun arcade game along the lines of Ferrari F355 Challenge. That was a wild machine.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
A new Outrun for the arcade market might make sense, especially in Japan where they're still into that business. Fleshing it out for a console style game would be quite a task though, at least for modern expectations.

I could kind of see Virtua Fighter happening in a similar fashion to Shenmue: Ys Net licenses it and Deep Silver publishes it. In a sort of ironic reversal they could probably use some of the underlying Shenmue technology to build it.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Just put a remastered Outrun 2 on Switch and I'd be happy. You can't really improve on perfection.

Andvari

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm good, I don't think I want Suzuki on a fighting game

What could he bring that any other person at AM2 can't bring

Vast experience, He produced and directed the series until VF5 which was directed and produced by someone else, This series is his baby.

I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to return to a genre he helped create and make so popular as it is today (3D fighting) and be successful again.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd obviously love VF6, but I don't really need Suzuki to direct it. I think I'd rather see him do more Wild Arcade Shit (like his early years) than finish Shenmue, personally, regardless of if Sega and their IPs are involved.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Stop teasing a VF and just do it. This is torture šŸ˜­

Anyone saying no Yu on VF: He's the creator of the genre AND all the dope shit VF did first in their training mode and the customization.

Namco/Tekken made Brad and Goh as thanks to AM2 for permission to use the customization system. This is wrong, I'm suffering from mandela effect.

Boot up or look up VF4EVO or VF5FS training mode or replays system. Tons of details like frame data, combo builder and a glossary of terms in EVO. VF4EVO even had top player replays on disc for all characters to view.

I would love to see his touch and care for detail on a new entry after all these years.

Last edited:

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
Hope it happens. In the meantime, I was looking at buying the Street Fighter 30th anniversary collection the other day and it got me wishing Sega would do the similar collections for their driving and fighting games.

RichieRich

Aug 16, 2018
Would loooove if he came back for a VF6. Outrun is such a comfortable game as well, an HD remaster treatment with him overseeing would be sweet.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Would be awesome to see him return to the source, and I'm confident he would do justice to them as well, like he is with Shenmue III.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I'd for sure take a new Outrun.

OutRun 2 is still one of my favorite arcade racers of all time.

I have been a fan of Virtua Fighter since playing Virtua Fighter 2 on thne Sega Saturn. I remeber seeing Virtua Fighter 1 in arcades before that, but the game never caught my attention beyound the technical aspect of it. There has never been a bad Virtua Fighter game in the main series. VF5 is top shelf. Virtua Fighter 6 needs to happen.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Yu >>> Miyamoto

I'm old and still fighting the great Sega vs. Nintendo war.

I'll show myself out.

Sep 12, 2018

Anyone saying no Yu on VF: He's the creator of the genre AND all the dope shit VF did first in their training mode and the customization.

Namco/Tekken made Brad and Goh as thanks to AM2 for permission to use the customization system.

Boot up or look up VF4EVO or VF5FS training mode or replays system. Tons of details like frame data, combo builder and a glossary of terms in EVO. VF4EVO even had top player replays on disc for all characters to view.

I would love to see his touch and care for detail on a new entry after all these years.

Suzuki had very little to nothing to do with those, he was phazed out of AM2 becouse he did not believe in VF.net and the customisations.
In short he was hindering the progress people like Kataoka(who replaced him) ,Osaka and all were making.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017

Namco/Tekken made Brad and Goh as thanks to AM2 for permission to use the customization system.

That's amazing. I had no idea that VF4 Evolution pioneered all these things that we took for granted now. Ever the trailblazer even in the later generations. Man.

EDIT: Whoops, just saw the post above lol

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
If nothing else? Clout.

Who else at AM2 has the kind of seniority that could make Sega's upper brass even remotely consider getting the funding to bring VF back, if asked?

Can't imagine that there isn't a person who worked on 5FS there as a design lead
Vast experience, He produced and directed the series until VF5 which was directed and produced by someone else, This series is his baby.

I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to return to a genre he helped create and make so popular as it is today (3D fighting) and be successful again.

Seen stranger things, I mean ARIKA managed to do it

If you say so