• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Tennis Aces now runs, can hit full speed pretty easily, graphical issues but nothing game breaking as far as I've seen

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 3, needs a mod to bypass a crash related to saving, but seems to be pretty stable, haven't seen any graphical gamebreaking issues

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Demo, runs pretty much full speed, minor graphical issues during cutscenes

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
ARMS, relatively recently the DLC was supported. Would previously make the game not boot

Public (Canary) version now includes Vulkan

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon 2 ink mechanics have been fixed in the latest early access release. Campaign levels are now playable.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Hyrule Warriors, graphics now visible ingame as of early access 246

Bunch of graphical issues fixed for Kirby since early access 223

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
via Discord

Early Access 276: - Astral Chain: Lots of recent improvements (performance + GPU fixes) - Crash Team Racing: Now rendered almost perfect, and close to fullspeed on good HW (NOTE: Disable BCAT and RT Audio for CTR) - Optimized emulator RAM usage, reducing by ~1GB - Other GPU performance increases (BotW has a pretty notable ~10% speedup)​
Pokken

Crash Team Racing. People seem to have been running this for a while, but I've only just gotten it able to go ingame. Can run full speed in time trials pretty easily.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the fastest an emulator has gained function within release time of a console? Pretty incredible stuff.

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
It's frustrating seeing so much effort go into emulating the Switch a current machine on the market and yet we still don't have a functional original Xbox emulator. ;_;

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
It's frustrating seeing so much effort go into emulating the Switch a current machine on the market and yet we still don't have a functional original Xbox emulator. ;_;
Entirely different dev teams for starters, also I'd assume emulating the Switch is a lot easier

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The CXBX Reloaded people have been making huge improvements in the last few months.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep wanting to try this but unfortunately don't have a Switch with accessible keys, really big bummer.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Monumental update. Most games are now running at fullspeed thanks to the multicore, and some games are running at 60fps with mods.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Holy shit. I just found this thread, looked at the first page and thought, oh OK they barely just started, only last year. Going to bookmark to keep track of the progress.

And then I have a notification about a post that shows its already 60fpsing almost everything 😱

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Questions for peeps who know, but are there similarities in the switch, WiiU and Wii to help this along? From what I know the Switch and Wii U are different architectures, but I'm uncomfortable in my knowledge beyond that.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this runs Xenoblade 2 at some point. Would love to replay it in 4k/60 with crisp textures.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Questions for peeps who know, but are there similarities in the switch, WiiU and Wii to help this along? From what I know the Switch and Wii U are different architectures, but I'm uncomfortable in my knowledge beyond that.
Switch is entirely different (nvidia tegra). Wii and GameCube are essentially same hardware, and Wii U is an extension of the same architecture (PowerPC and ATI graphics)
This explains why dolphin got a lot of rapid improvements during the Wii era and could be a reason why cemu dev seemed pretty quick

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Ripped my keys out of my second switch the other day and played Sniperclips for a while. It had its moments of frame drops. Glad to see this update. Really glad.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Okay now I'm getting curious, can I get the keys for my Switch and dump cartridges purely through Hekate IPL? I want to keep my Switch 100% clean with no CFW but I'm able to boot Hekate to launch Android for example.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Damn. What's the story behind how this happened?
Emu authors started early given it was known GBA was basically an ARM7+Z80. VGBA and GBAemu both released in 2000, iGBA in Feb 2001 (a month before GBA launch) and then in 2001 a bunch more came with better compatibility (VBA, No$GBA, DreamGBA, Boycott Advance). GBA emus had full playable compatibility within months of launch and updated to maintain that throughout it's lifecycle.

Yuzu's impressive but Switch isn't really far off from PSX, N64, Wii or 3DS, all of which were playably emulated during their mid lifecycles.