• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
No matter how I feel personally, it has to be better than Whedon's movie. I mean, that version was kind of destined to be awful even without Whedon being a tool.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
By the way, im not ok in you doing this thread.

341.gif

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not so sure it'll drop like WW84. Seems like they opened the floodgates here instead of staggering only the positive impressions.

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
The RT score is going to fluctuate a lot. Still too early to really tell. WW84 dropped hard...but I'm more optimistic about this justice league.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is at 84 reviews. These things get around 350+. Plenty of reviewers left to drop it like it's out of style.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
So you can't watch a mini series then? Or even a season of Game of Thrones?
Depends on how its paced. If this was planned to be 4 hours worth of story from its inception then great. From all the reviews I've read even the generally positive ones agree that the first 2 hrs are a bit of a slog and it picks up towards the last third. Nobody is claiming that they can't watch long pieces of media but there's a difference between watching a mini series planned as such and watching a 2hr and 30 min movie blown out for an extra 90 minutes just to eventize it.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Hey thats a lot higher than I was expecting. If this ends up good im gonna be pleasantly shocked, ngl I had no faith.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Pretty shocked it broke the 70 percentile, but we'll see if that lasts. This looks like it's gonna be Snyder's first Fresh movie since Watchmen though.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, im not ok in you doing this thread. i believe that threads like this must be done by people who are actually excited to see the movie. Not to shit on it.
What does it matter? Would the discourse somehow be different? The reviews would all still shake out the same way regardless.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I mean

One could also bring up how he has a special thanks for a ComicsGate person in the credits of this movie and also works really closely with Grace Randolph as reasons to maybe be suspect of Snyder's political leanings.

I mean.

We could also find several hardcorde commies I bet with all the people working on the movie? Doesn't make him a commie.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
To read reviews and see if it was different from BvS? These aren't Snyders original characters. People like these DC characters and want to see them in a Justice League movie. This is a 4 hr cut of stuff mostly shot in 2016/2017 after Snyder had gotten notes that BvS was too grim and the studio wanted him to pivot from his original two part JL plans. Poster was probably hopeful that it wasn't more of the same.

I know folks like and want to be protective of Snyder but the weird gate keeping vibes in these threads are a bit weird.

It's not a new thing it's part of trilogy and most of it was already shot. Most people already know of they like this style or not.Seeing these reviews should have positive impact but if you are coming in just to mention you won't like it it's just feel pretty.

It's no different than someone going into marvel thread and complaing about humor

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, from Variety ...

It's no wonder that in the years since Hollywood got eaten alive by comic-book culture, the superhero movies that have achieved a genuine sweeping transcendence can just about be counted on one hand: "The Dark Knight," "Spider-Man 2," "Black Panther," a few others.

To that hallowed list I would now add "Zack Snyder's Justice League," the thrillingly restored four-hour-long director's-cut version of the 2017 DC Comics extravaganza.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder woman slipped from 86-87% to 59%.

Early reviews are mostly always positive

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hate it when people say this. They can never back it up and instead just throw it out there like it's true.

And he's not spearheading anything anymore. If anything, he'll get a comic series to finish this up.

"'The Fountainhead'… It's still important to me, but it's a really touchy subject right now," said Snyder. "People will think it's hardcore right-wing propaganda, but I don't view it like that. I just think the story is super fun and crazy and melodramatic about architecture and sex."

The novel tells the story of Howard Roark, a young architect that refuses to conform to the traditions of his trade and strives to be an innovator in the field.

He continued, "It's about time we get a different president so we don't take shit so seriously!"

That being said, Rand, during her life, rejected the labels of Libertarian and Conservative, even when her ideas seemed to venture in that realm. But for Snyder, he looks at Rand differently than most.

"I think she's incredible and insane and she's always said story first, not regarding her politics," said the filmmaker. "But it was easy for her to fall victim to her own popularity, and she drank her own Kool-Aid."

He continued, "She didn't give a fuck. If she was alive right now she would've fucking murdered Donald Trump. She didn't even like Reagan! She thought he was a nationalist. But I'm rambling now, sorry!"

theplaylist.net

'The Fountainhead': Zack Snyder Still Wants To Make His "Super Fun And Crazy" Film About "Architecture And Sex"

Recently, it was announced that filmmaker Zack Snyder was going to take a break from superhero films, after leaving the DCEU in the rearview mirror, and venture back into the genre that really put him on the map — zombies. However, before his “Army of the Dead” was announced, the filmmaker...

To his credit he doesn't seem like a darkweb intellectual type of ayn rand fan, just kind of naive/ignorant.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I can only speak for myself as a die hard DC fan. I want good DC movies. We have started getting some with Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam. Snyder does not get many of these characters on a fundamental level. Man of Steel I enjoyed, but it got so much wrong about Clark/Superman that I have to ignore that stuff so I can enjoy the movie. Batman v Superman was pure garbage that got Batman and Superman wrong on fundamental levels. Not even mentoning how bad Lex was.

Snyder is good with action. Batman v Superman had some absolutely great action. The Batman warehouse scene was practically ripped straight out of the Arkham games it was so good. The fight between Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman and the mutant ninja turtle they called Doomsday was awesome. But most of the movie was boring or just awful.

I never watched the theatrical JL movie as I knew it would be a mess hack job, but I have not desire to see this one either. I don't agree with making an R rated JL movie just so we can add gore and make Batman throw out F-bombs. The movie doesn't need to be four hours to make his vision come true. The characters are still following a story that gets many of these characters wrong. I just want the franchise handed to someone that has at least some respect and love for the source material. Snyder doesn't. Also Steppenwolf is still a really boring villain to base the movie around.

If I ever get HBO Max, I'll watch it, and I will have no problem changing my tune if I end up liking it. But in the end, I just want Snyder to move on to something else and get out of the DC toybox. Just my thoughts.

I mean treat the Snyder-verse like an Elseworld story. It's clear that Snyder is creating his own interpretations of the characters. He's not actually trying to do a faithful creation of the basic versions of the characters

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just as a reminder on these Early Reviews...

How it started

anzz62K.png

And how's it going.

cv0Va6g.png

WW84 is the only film I know that got a Certified Fresh and fell all the way to Rotten. And considering this is also a DC production. It's worth mentioning.

(Same thing happened with Joker as well, although they only fell out of the Certified Fresh range, not into the rotten scores. Don't worry if it feels like I'm picking out on DC here, the exact same thing happened with Mulan 2020 as well from Disney).
Rise Of Skywalker had a slow tumble down from Fresh to Rotten.

TheTyrant

Nov 27, 2018

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We need a bot to make review threads. I don't want positivity or negativity in the OP. I need pure, unbiased review threads.