• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
From Rareware in the Nintendo thread
So I just went to GameStop to pick up Ratchet & Clank and asked the manager while I was there if they "started the Zelda promotion yet where you get a free Zelda poster when purchase Zelda merchandise". He says it "probably won't start until sometime next week". But then he reaches into drawer and gives me the Zelda poster anyway along with my Ratchet game!

YsmcCkx.jpeg

Curious choices for the games am I right? Almost like most of these have been rumored to be coming to the Switch.
Backside with even more stuff
Z6izjMO.jpg

edit: if you want said poster
Promo starts on Sunday. Buy $30 worth of Zelda merch or buy a new Switch and you get the poster.

Or just ask the employee for one with a purchase of anything and they'll probably give you one.

Last edited:

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I wouldn't look too much into this, looks to me like Nintendo just hit up the clip art folder while making a poster design.

That being said, I fully expect Nintendo to re-release Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD because porting games from your previous platform over four years into the lifespan of your new console is now totally acceptable I guess.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get old ... just yesterday was the 25th anniversary ...

But nice poster! I just hope one day I can also play Majoras Mask on the switch

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
We (basically) already know that TP HD and WW HD are coming, OOT is the surprise here.
And where's Majora's Mask then?

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
They are going to remaster them and put them all on one cartridge. Unfortunately since it's Nintendo they will only sell one like that Wu Tang Album. Because of course.

Suswave

Aug 11, 2020
I mean it's almost like they featured mainline games prominently

I definitely wouldn't read too much into it.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
If they release an anniversary thign with no Majora's Mask, I'm boycotting nintendo!!!!

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
All these 35th celebrations seem weird to me. Does anyone celebrate their 35th birthday more than 34th or 36th?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
The backside has art from every (or almost every) zelda game on it. Wouldn't read much into this tbh. It's a anniversary after all.

I would buy them all though.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol, watch them do something like the Mario 35th anniversary pack, and Majora's Mask ends up getting the Super Mario Galaxy 2 treatment

:(

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Some of those links, Zelda's, and ganons are also avatars on the switch. If we get young link for that as well I know what I'm switching too.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
FWIW Zelda.com has a similar banner

header-about.jpg

In general I wouldn't read too much into it, it was probably just slapped together by a general PR person who had a buncha PNGs.

Heck, look at the 30th anniversary image -

34e2d868fbaf86cbbfcb8e6123dd37ff.jpg

EDIT: Beaten regarden the latter, but either way it's not like the 30th anniversary saw Phantom Hourglass Wii U cos Linebeck was there.

EDIT 2: Looking again that Zelda.com banner is identical to the poster just cropped differently

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Ocarina artworks seem from the 3D version, which would be the best choice for most people for a port.

Nov 14, 2017
Promo starts on Sunday. Buy $30 worth of Zelda merch or buy a new Switch and you get the poster.

Or just ask the employee for one with a purchase of anything and they'll probably give you one.
Ah cool. Have to look and see if there is anything I want from GameStop. Just got some PSN cards from them yesterday lol.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I swear if a Zelda collection is announced and Majora's Mask isn't included but OoT is....

LonelyGay

May 18, 2019
Not to sound naive, but do these posters basically confirm that anniversary games are coming to the Switch?

My dream would be Oracle of Ages/Seasons and/or Minish Cap redone in Links Awakening style.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Nice to see the Four Swords stray fairy artwork even if it's from the 30th. You rarely see art from the GB/GBA games outside of LA.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Orrr.....that's the 3d games where they can just use renders to create the art and spend as little as possible on it. Either that or every Zelda game ever is coming to switch pro, 144hz, dlss 16k, cross platform multiplayer! It's got it all!!!