• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://kotaku.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-s-second-expansion-is-still-o-1819892350

But first, here's your minor but hopefully reassuring Zelda update:

Nintendo detailed the second Breath of the Wild expansion at E3 in June, dubbing it the Champion's Ballad, and promising a sizeable add-on adventure. But the company did not provide a release date during an expansive September online showcase of Nintendo's holiday line-up, only providing a November 10 release date for a new array of Amiibo figures for the champion characters highlighted in the expansion. Asked if the Amiibo release dates indicated the date for the expansion as well, Fils-Aime said: "We will shortly be announcing the date for that content, so I would not lock and load on November 10th."

We were without news since a long time and people were worried. I guess a direct is coming soon or they'll soft-launch it.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I sure hope so, imagine if this got delayed so they could release Xenoblade 2 on time

thatd be funny

JMON

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
This is the kind of game that'll release like a week after it's shown off. Maybe even the day of.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I just posted in that other thread about it haha.

Niiiice. Fingers crossed!

My real question is: is it still a dungeon as they initially claimed?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yea it does seem a little weird that we haven't gotten a release date by now. Knowing Nintendo I could see during the next Direct "Oh by the way, if you turn on your Switch after this presentation you can download the DLC pack"

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Oh I had no idea people were thinking it might be delayed. It's Breath of the Wild though, so wouldn't be surprising aha. Keep the tradition alive.
I sure hope so, imagine if this got delayed so they could release Xenoblade 2 on time

thatd be funny

JMON
FZZ made it, woo

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'd honestly rather it was delayed. Way too much stuff to keep me occupied for the rest of the year

HylianTom

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
I'd like some decent heads-up time on this.. I have a week worth of PTO saved up, reserved specifically for this release. (that, and I skipped the first DLC)

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'll drop everything else launching this year to play through new Zelda DLC.

I think once we get a trailer I'll probably feel similarly. It's kind of amorphous to me right now, especially since the 2 things we know about it (1 new dungeon and more story) were the two parts of BotW that weren't world class outstanding for me.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
I still can't believe we have that Zelda and Mario oddessy in the same year AND an add on for Zelda before Christmas! Right now I'd be okay for January

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I think other than Xenoblade, so far they have hit there general launch dates with regards Switch software.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, nice to know, but honestly I wouldn't have mind a delay with all the good stuff releasing now.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think answers like this matter when they're from interviews, because companies pretty much never change their current stance on the terms of an interviewer. If Nintendo plans to delay it, they'll announce that on their own terms

Oct 26, 2017
I just skimmed the article, and, despite the headline, he doesn't seem to say anything about whether it's coming this year. In fact, really all he says is don't bet on the same day as the amiibo.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
I think it's been quite long enough, Nintendo. Show us what we're in for. Keeping us waiting all this time should be ill-eagle.

thebisonxrc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious about this DLC and I'm surprised that we haven't been shown anything yet. Maybe late November? Sure, that'll be my guess.

Kureransu

Oct 25, 2017
I think there is a reason Nintendo themselves lacks a major release in November. My guess is the 24th (although traditionally they would release their major title on the 17th) of November.

If it it's content heavy enough, it could be a semi relaunch of BotW.

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
Nintendo, let me breathe.
OQI9Gc9.png

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really curious what it'll be. Still haven't purchased the DLC yet, because the outfits just aren't worth that €20...

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it let's us revisit the dungeons in a new way and maybe a bit of explanation on the map

Pandy

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I don't think we ever got figures on DLC uptake, did we? Unless uptake is unimaginably high I imagine we'll get a Direct or mini-Direct to promote the DLC to those that haven't jumped on it yet.

It's an all-digital product, and they've got Mario and XC2 to promote. I could see it dropping mid/late-December for a holiday boost.

Oct 25, 2017
I've read the article once (in case I missed something), and the Zelda portion four times.

He's saying the release date will be announced soon, but nowhere does he definitively state that DLC Pack 2 still coming this year.

Am I going crazy here?

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder when they are going to announce what the DLC2 actually has.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if they delayed it to 2018, I would be fine. Actually, having it drop sometime after I get done with Odyssey, but before Yoshi comes out would be wonderful.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Same here. There's too much stuff for this year already.

Deleted member 9330

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've read the article once (in case I missed something), and the Zelda portion four times.

He's saying the release date will be announced soon, but nowhere does he definitively state that DLC Pack 2 still coming this year.

Am I going crazy here?

Yeah that's what I read as well. It'll be announced shortly, but nothing about the actual release at all

Oct 26, 2017

Am I going crazy here?
No, unless I'm crazy, too.

Can someone point out where Reggie says anything that indicates DLC2 is coming this year?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Would be a perfect item to drop a week before Christmas to really drive sales. Put out the final DLC then run some look at all these awards and perfect scores we received commercials telling people now is better than ever to have the complete BotW experience.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Take your time ninty for the love of God. Let me enjoy all the other stuff that's come out first.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
The amiibos release on November 10, that's when the DLC will most likely drop as well.