• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garou

Oct 25, 2017
Undoubtedly (has the game even received any updates since they were announced?), but I think them being updated into the game is a separate issue from the DLC.

Nah, that's not how Nintendo handles these, the figures always drop in conjunction with games in some way. This is "safe to bet money on"-kind of territory.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They're almost certainly going to mention it next week during the Q3 outlook portion of the results briefing. Hopefully they'll do so with a release date.

My guess would be December since November seems to be primarily designated for third parties.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I forgot entirely about this.

With PS4/Switch/PC this has been on of the greatest years of games in my life

Static Veins

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I hope so. Been itching to jump back into Zelda but been holding off until this drops. Didn't play the first DLC either so I'll be doing them both together.

YN12

Oct 27, 2017
As a WiiU owner, this DLC is pretty much the only thing I have to look forward to (aside for discovering hidden gems in the eshop).

I love BOTW, hurry up Nintendo!

YN12

Oct 27, 2017
The dungeon better have different and better interior aesthetics than the divine beasts.

IMO the divine beasts werent really the only, or most important, dungeons. I liked better some of the shrines, and the labyrinths. I hope the DLC will give me an excuse to revisit the world, and hopefully encourage more exploration. In a sense, the whole of botw is an open-air dungeon, as enemies roam the world and hidden treasures can be found everywhere.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
I just beat Ganon tonight. What an incredible game, definitely a highlight of 2017. I'm really looking forward to the story DLC.

Ikaruga

Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I guess they held back on info to advertise Mario and Xenoblade more, people are still buying the Switch for Zelda and that game doesn't need to be advertised.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
That's a relief, although I am not sure if I will be able to play it this year with all these games coming out.

Jader7777

Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I kinda wish they would dump the DLC stuff and focus on making Breath Of The Majora in 1 year, just like the OOT > MM of yester year.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
IMO the divine beasts werent really the only, or most important, dungeons. I liked better some of the shrines, and the labyrinths. I hope the DLC will give me an excuse to revisit the world, and hopefully encourage more exploration. In a sense, the whole of botw is an open-air dungeon, as enemies roam the world and hidden treasures can be found everywhere.
Yeah the shrines were better and more fun overall.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is JUST what I'm waiting for to jump back into Zelda. The 1st batch of DLC wasn't truly convincing enough...hope it comes out in Dec sometime.

Max Payne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I skipped the first DLC since I'm not interested in this kind of expansions.
Is there any info or hints on the second DLC being story related or at least have it's own story? I know, you don't get Zelda games for the story in the first place, but I find myself hard to motivate to finish a game if there isn't any progress on the story.

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that the first part of the DLC pass released earlier this year had its own separate PR strategy on a short-notice timetable, mostly apart from pan-Nintendo announcement events like Directs. That we haven't heard anything doesn't mean it's not coming, and precedent would indeed indicate that a video and website update may go live someime in November with the release still on track to hit by the end of the year. It will be close to other releases like Xenoblade 2, but observe how the Master Trials were sandwiched right in between Arms and Splatoon back in June.

I don't know why anyone assumes silence indicates a delay. There are Amiibo coming, and Nintendo DLC has always strictly adhered to the published schedule.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah I'm sure it will come mid or end of november. Which is a shame since there's also Pokemon USM. Man Nintendo won't give me a break.

elektrixx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad I didn't buy many games this year. Nintendo have covered me just fine.

I'd really like an expansion pass for Odyssey.

YN12

Oct 27, 2017
I would be happy if fhe DLC consisted in more hidden memories to discover around the world, hopefully with new locations added - even caves, or hidden shrines to be discovered. In other words, just more of the same would be good enough for me. Ideally I would like to see new weapons, costumes, and enemies. I dont really care about story, if anything I would like Nintendo to use the same engine to farm out a quick sequel in MM style. Hopefully we wont have to wait another 5 years for the next Zelda.

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to pencil this in between all the other Switch games I have to play for the remainder of the year.

Nintendo pls.

BlackAdder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting for that DLC to drop to replay the game. I still haven't really played much with the first DLC, other than to try a couple stages of that master sword dungeon.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That surprises me tbh, figured we'd gone this long without news so it had almost certainly been delayed. Hopefully they'll have a Zelda direct and announce the 3DS remakes of OOT and Majora's Mask are coming to the Switch in 2018. Still baffles me that the best way to play two of the best Zelda games is on a handheld that has a 240p screen.

ccieag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vail, CO
I'm waiting to replay Zelda until this DLC launches. With this, Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade 2 I have no time for anything other than my Switch in the near future. I may just give up on all other systems at this point. Plus this thing is a Godsend when you are on the road for work. Too many games, and not enough time

Been looking for a reason to pick up Zelda again after finishing Mario Rabbids

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Damn sure they are!
They need to stir up BOTW love again because were approaching GOTY awards season.
Between this and Xenoblade and some 3rd party efforts Nintendo holiday season is something I'm looking forward.

Although 2017 is being a bitch in media and politics, for gaming we're golden

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Good , I wanna get it.

But I'm having conflicting thoughts for it.

For one I have a 75+ hour save file for my WiiU version.

On the other hand when I buy a Switch likely next year, Zelda BotW will be one of the games I will get for sure.

I might double dip on both...so who knows lol.

YN12

Oct 27, 2017
The next time I play the game I want to try without upgrades and without enhacing armour beyond 1-2 levels (or at all). On master mode. I enjoyed my first playthrough but by the end I was too overpowered. I want to experience again that feeling of having to run away from encounters because there are too many/too strong enemies to take on.

SwitchedOff

Oct 28, 2017
Hoping for at least one new, and better, dungeon in this 2nd DLC. Dungeons were the major fail point in BotW, although the rest of the game was absolutely superb.

frankabus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I noticed the same thing, but fortunately today we have confirmation that the second DLC will be releasing in 2017 via a Nintendo Aus/NZ video featuring Eiji Aonuma, who reassures fans that the team's "currently working on it with great effort" and "it'll be available by the end of this year".

Hm that's good to know. It fits in perfectly with my upcoming game plans if it comes at the end of the year.