• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
So, what should I expect from a Fable game? Something like Dragon Age?
The original games were action adventures with Sims and RPG elements so not like anything else around right now. The genre could skew more strongly in a new Fable towards RPG we'll have to wait and see. And yeah while their main plot is more serious they are filled with Douglas Adams/Neil Gaiman humor and whimsicality.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I wish ZhugeEX could hint at the amount of the raise I'm supposed to get at the end of the week, tired of wondering lol

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Avowed just means to identify, declare, as some thing, this being Xbox fans. So if you're an open Xbox fan you're an avowed Xbox fan.

But that is just semantics, I wonder what he was really hinting at.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
No, Fable is much goofier.
Unless they completely changed the formula, no. Fable is filled with humor and doesn't take itself too seriously. Would be kind of refreshing imo.
Not really. Single-character action RPG, with a focus on reactivity to your decisions and reputation. Often in a lighthearted/silly way, like you can emote at villagers to make them like or dislike you. That is, if this new game is anything like the old ones.
The original games were action adventures with Sims and RPG elements so not like anything else around right now. The genre could skew more strongly in a new Fable towards RPG we'll have to wait and see. And yeah while their main plot is more serious they are filled with Douglas Adams/Neil Gaiman humor and whimsicality.
You ever play Kingdoms of Amalaur? It's like that with some light simulation elements.

Gratitude.

And I played the demo of Amalaur. Although the goofy/humor statements made me think of Divinity: Original Sin, which was definitely a more light hearted RPG compared to other medieval fantasy ones, although it could get quite dark.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
What if you are an Xbox fan sharp as an Obsidian knife, but you don't like to be grounded but you also don't like outerworldy stuff unless it's Mass Effect?
images

Oct 25, 2017
Gratitude.

And I played the demo of Amalaur. Although the goofy/humor statements made me think of Divinity: Original Sin, which was definitely a more light hearted RPG compared to other medieval fantasy ones, although it could get quite dark.
Overall a relatively light ARPG series, dark humor, with a like cusp of the industrial revolution mystical reality England setting. I think the humor is what makes or breaks the series for people.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think people are overthinking the "avowed" hint. It's probably the title of a new game, not a deepcut reference.

Zhuge wasn't exactly trying to be subtle with the Fable hint lol.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
you guys are overthinking it

it's already been guessed, I just don't want to make it THAT much more obvious

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
Really loved Fable 2 and didn't hate Fable 3 although it was a step or two back in many ways. Both were many years ago and under a different studio though so quite hopeful there's stuff I like.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
I'm going with Perfect Dark even though:

A. Recent rumors seem to be that The Initiative's game is not PD.

B. The Initiative's game is probably not going to be there.

When you fail objectives in Perfect Dark, your status in the mission summary screen says "Disavowed". So...maybe?

Great catch
Let's go!
you guys are overthinking it

it's already been guessed, I just don't want to make it THAT much more obvious
Oh

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
I've never played a Fable game before. Looking forward to giving it a shot.

Its basically a western RPG with tons of humour, right?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I was close.. lol.

Figured avowed had to be about a spy, agent.

Edit: never mind.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Lucky you. I work at a hospital, and lost revenue from shutting down elective surgeries due to COVID put everyone's yearly raises on hold(read, canceled). But hey, the president of the hospital just had 2 27" 4k monitors overnighted in for his office. 😐

No seriously, it is lucky. Originally we weren't supposed to get raises at all this year and possibly next year but there was a turnaround and now we're getting them.