• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
So what if they don't own a Switch? That's the point. Most people don't own multiple systems.

They don't need to pay anything.

I asked a question: will Xbox gamers benefit from this deal? The subsequent dogpile doesn't seem to account for that.

And Xbox gamers benefit from this how?

So Xbox can get some older games ported? I'm asking why this is a one way road in terms of content. I don't think it's strange question or an offensive one.

answer is "no". nintendo isn't giving any game in "return", microsoft decided to bring their stuff on switch to get more money from new sales.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Does it specifically have to be an Xbox One game? How much work would it take to port the Xbox 360 versions of the Banjo games?
Why do the 360 ports when you can just emulate the N64 versions? Banjo's better saved for Replay imo, unless you mean Nuts & Bolts which not many want. Actually a Viva Pinata 1&2 release would probably make more sense in terms of 360 to Switch ports but in any case we won't be seeing any Rare games at an Indie event. Think more along the lines of Ori or Below.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what if they don't own a Switch? That's the point. Most people don't own multiple systems.

I asked a question: will Xbox gamers benefit from this deal? The subsequent dogpile doesn't seem to account for that.

So Xbox can get some older games ported? I'm asking why this is a one way road in terms of content. I don't think it's strange question or an offensive one.

This is needlessly hostile and toxic. Cool off.
Bruh, this is embarrassing. You're not owed anything as an Xbox gamer because an older Xbox game was ported to another console.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

If there's anything in this for Microsoft, I would assume that Microsoft is trying to get Nintendo to eventually allow their services on their system.

If my theory holds true there's not anything in it for Xbox users, but for Microsoft it's an investment for Gamepass and xCloud

Not really confident about any of this, though

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Ori is the best Metroidvania this gen. Smart move. Increase mindshare for Ori before Ori 2 on Game Pass. Would be a great game to take on the go. Thinking about triple dipping.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There will never be Nintendo games/services on Xbox platforms.

It's not a trade where if Xbox gives something, Nintendo has to as well. It's a one way road, with Xbox delivering his content to a non concurrent platform.

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Ori? Not really indie but idk.

I know it won't be Halo related but the idea of Halo theme playing in a Nintendo presentation, especially if it was Smash Bros, gives me chills just thinking about it

Oct 26, 2017
If there's anything in this for Microsoft, I would assume that Microsoft is trying to get Nintendo to eventually allow their services on their system.

If my theory holds true there's not anything in it for Xbox users, but for Microsoft it's an investment for Gamepass and xCloud

Not really confident about any of this, though

It's not complicated. Microsoft is trying to turn XBox into a digital brand where people can play their games no matter the hardware brand. It will be a long time before they stop focusing on hardware though.

Not to mention, it would make it so that costs would only be on development and looking after game pass/xCloud as opposed to constant hardware R&D with each new generation.

Oct 26, 2017
The thing about leaks is that sometimes there's the potential for being wrong or if plans changed. In which case, the person unnecessarily got people hyped over nothing. If I had a dollar for every time that happened. I'd be a millionaire.

Oct 25, 2017
Not really sad, there wasn't any reason to leak so much stuff

But considering what happened to the previous leaker, this time Zhuge was probably asked to do it to hype the event

I'm sorry, people being upset that Zhuge confirms that a long rumored game (Ori has been rumored for a long time) will be at the Direct, thereby "spoiling" it is actually down right pathetic.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Keep the Microsoft deal going! Minecraft Dungeons, Rare Replay, Cuphead DLC, and Ori and the Will of the Wisps are probably going to come by the end of next year so that should be great.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017

You're getting shouted down a lot but I do think Nintendo exploring other ecosystems in limited ways (like they are iOS and Android) might not be such a bad move. I think a good example would be opening up NSO to other friendly platforms (Windows/Steam, Xbox, Android/Shield, etc) and delivering native versions of things like the NES app and Tetris 99 that could feature crossplay/progression. This could expand their subscriber base (major revenue driver) beyond their own hardware and maybe even entice users in other ecosystems to pick up a Switch.

No Xbox isn't owed anything, this isn't a trade and Microsoft does have different end goals in gaming versus Nintendo. But I do think Nintendo exploring a bit more could be beneficial to both companies and could be done in ways that don't threaten Nintendo's own 1st party hardware driving capabilities.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm asking why this is a one way road in terms of content
Did you care when Ori went to Steam? Or when XBOX started putting all their first party games on PC?

MS want to make more money from selling their games elsewhere. Nintendo doesn't feel like they need to do that since their games sell a ton anyway usually, and their first-party games are a massive reason for people to buy their consoles. Microsoft as a company doesn't need console sales anywhere near as much as Nintendo does.

Gale Moran

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Oh, I didn't realize this was the season finale to a hotly anticipated show where a tweet setting expectations, without even so much as giving away hard dates, invited controversy.

Sad, pathetic, pick your adjective.

I would rather say that the inability to understand other human beings is what is pathetic here..

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really a fan of leaks like this tbh - hopefully the Ori rumors are true for all involved!

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
MCC on Switch would be more believable if it was an easy port, but it's not. It's not just BC titles either since H2A is on there.
Not to mention, it would make it so that costs would only be on development and looking after game pass/xCloud as opposed to constant hardware R&D with each new generation.
There's always going to be that R&D because the console will be the backbone of xCloud until the R&D of consumer hardware isn't worth it, but that won't happen for decades to come if even in some of our life times (streaming will take over soon, but local hardware will still be here because it will still make money). When it happens, MS won't the only one to do that though.

Unless you mean xCloud will power all of this so native ports aren't required to carry over on Nintendo platforms due to no possible BC.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Xbox gamers don't benefit. Neither do ps gamers. Nor pc gamers. So what?

Nov 23, 2018
Halo will never go to a console other than Xbox (unless there's a Game Pass/Xbox Cloud application available).

Ori and the Blind Forest is 2nd party (and ~4 years old). Moon Studios can make some money while XGS widens the IP fan base for the upcoming (Xbox ecosystem exclusive) sequel.

It's a win-win.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I just don't understand how getting info on new products/release dates as early as possible is a bad thing lol. Fake leaks and misinformation? Totally get that, but otherwise I don't get the anger toward leaks regarding new stuff if they're legit.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Switch is hot hot HOT

(and it's not just cuz I've been playing Fire Emblem Three Houses on it for ten hours straight)

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Halo will never go to a console other than Xbox (unless there's a Game Pass/Xbox Cloud application available).

Ori and the Blind Forest is 2nd party (and ~4 years old). Moon Studios can make some money while XGS widens the IP fan base for the upcoming (Xbox ecosystem exclusive) sequel.

It's a win-win.

"Second party" isn't a real term. Ori's owned by Microsoft, which makes it a first party game.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Really impressed that Hotline Miami 1+2 aren't on the Switch yet. I've played thru 'em both dozens of times on my Vita but you'd've thought that Devolver would've jumped on and brought 'em over like within the Switch's first year.

Wonder when Dennaton are gonna reveal their next game officially (Sector X). I know they teased it at E3 but I'm wondering if they're ready to reveal, this would be a good place for it.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
"Second party" isn't a real term. Ori's owned by Microsoft, which makes it a first party game.
Wait... Will Ori and Halo be a third party game in the eyes of Nintendo?

Philosoraptor.jpg

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Why the fuck does he feel the urge to spoil everyone and their dogs?
And don't tell me "you just need to not read his tweets", it's gonna be everywhere online within minutes. I really hate this leaker culture full of clout chasers.
This kind of leak is really ok to me. What bothers me is like the redacted leak, and all the superior typical Era user guessing that follows