• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Aug 19, 2022
Thank you, Nintendo, for starting the micro-console craze, and thank you crazy companies for making microversions of niche micro PCs.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
06a.png

EDIT: Wait, how do they even got the rights?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, I can play the entire Dragon Knight series the way it was meant to be played.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, I can play the Jewel BEM Hunter Lime games the way they were meant to be played.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I looked at this and had no idea what the fuck it is lol. I googled it and it still didn't show up anything. But then I found this:

For those unfamiliar, the X68000 was a home computer from Sharp that was released in Japan back in March 1987. It featured an OS from legendary Japanese developer and publisher Hudson Soft called Human68K and was home to "arcade-perfect" ports of games like Parodius, Final Fight, and Ghouls 'n Ghosts. It was also the original platform for Castlevania Chronicles, a remake of Castlevania (NES) with updated visuals that was later ported to the PlayStation, and had interesting exclusives like Aquales. [source]

Seems cool I guess? Does it have games???

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Finally, I can play the Legend of the Galactic Heroes games the way they were meant to be played.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I will get this just to have it, my local arcade got a 68000 in and was so tempted to get it just to have it hahaha

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
If it doesn't have Castlevania, it's an absolute waste. The best version of the original Castlevania was made for this platform.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I hope due to the company working closely with sega, konami/hudson, & taito they will be able to get a great lineup of games for it. I just hope the price isn't going to be too crazy.

-edit-
For those that don't know/realize Zuiki helped build many of the non nintendo micro consoles/arcade units from japan.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
If it doesn't have Castlevania, it's an absolute waste. The best version of the original Castlevania was made for this platform.
Nemesis '90 Kai is a great "original remake" as well. And there's some excellent Konami arcade shmup ports (Gradius 1-2, Salamander, Detana Twinbee, Parodius, Block Hole, A-Jax).

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I looked at this and had no idea what the fuck it is lol. I googled it and it still didn't show up anything. But then I found this:

Seems cool I guess? Does it have games???

I kind of knew the name, in the same way I'm familiar with most of the popular home computers from the 80s that had a large enough market for gaming to take hold and have some kind of legacy. Commodore, Amiga, MSX, Spectrum, even Atari home computers... in that realm of my brain anyway.

As a 90s kid from the U.S., though, I grew up firmly with consoles my family had left over from the 80s and nothing like this.

I feel like if I ever want this, I'll need to get it now.
The TurboGrafx-16 Minis aren't cheap, dear lord.

I guess I should have assumed it would have gone up in value, but that's a bit higher than I expected. Sure going to continue climbing. Still far, far better than real turbografx-16 hardware or games, I guess

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
I feel like if I ever want this, I'll need to get it now.
The TurboGrafx-16 Minis aren't cheap, dear lord.
Damn, I did not realize what happened to the value of this thing. Really glad I was able to snag one even though it got delayed. On topic, the X68000 mini looks super cool, I'll probably grab one for posterity and shelf display.

All them shooters and that Castlevania game seem like the highlights. There are plenty of places to play the CAPCOM and SEGA arcade ports.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it has Castlevania, Mad Stalker, Aquales, Cho Ren Sha, Prince of Persia, Etoile Princesse etc.

Wonder if there'll be any kind of Roland CM64 emulation? Gimmie Gemini Wing with the electric guitar card if so lol

Last edited:

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested. I've only played conversions of the Castlevania and Cotton games, but those were cool, and I know fairly little about the platform outside of them. I doubt it'll get an english release though, so hopefully the games aren't that language dependent.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
It's amazing that japan had this back then in 1987. So far ahead of what was available where I live.

Deleted member 20202

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cymru
I managed to spend a bit of time playing on a real X68000 earlier this year at the Cave gaming museum in Stroud. Truly is a mind-blowing piece of kit. The visuals and sounds are fantastic.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Ok this is the first and only mini "console" i might have to buy.

Best looking computer of all times by several landslides

Oct 7, 2019
Very interested! Worth noting that Zuiki did the SoC for loads of the other mini consoles like the MD Mini, Astro City Mini and Egret II Mini, so they're not just some chancer company.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
They've been teasing this for months, I hope it doesn't turn out to be a disappointment.

Riptwo

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a tiny x68000 raspberry pi case forever ago, and it's the coolest thing that I own. I really hope that I can get one of these in Canada for an okay price!