ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm not dictating how writers tell their stories, I would have to be in a position of power to do so. They obviously can do what they want and I can like or dislike their choices and voice that opinion.
Ending on a cliffhanger is objectively a bad choice when your show has been a bubble show for several years.
In no way is it the objectively bad choice, you don't get to throw out "it's just my opinion" and then say it's objective lmao. And ignoring that The CW's approach to cancelling has been very different until this year of very special circumstances

A huge bulk of the excitement/disappointment came from Booster Gold. It was very cool they put him in and l 'm glad they did

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
God damn shit news, this show deserves a much better send-off and I can 100% see them using another show/massive crossover to do that. (Considering this year's crossover is in a comic book format, unfortunately I don't have high hopes).

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
God damn shit news, this show deserves a much better send-off and I can 100% see them using another show/massive crossover to do that. (Considering this year's crossover is in a comic book format, unfortunately I don't have high hopes).

The comic thing was done as a reaction to the fact that they couldn't do a legit crossover due to COVID the past two years. Originally, there was going to be a Superman & Lois/Batwoman crossover event and then COVID hit.

They should be able to do a real crossover event next year but there will only be The Flash and Superman & Lois left. Stargirl too, if they decide to fully bring that into the fold.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Best Arrowverse tv show by far.

Sad to see it go, specially this way

You missed that time they did their version of "antman vs thanos"

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The unicorn at woodstock

www.youtube.com

DC's Legends of Tomorrow - Unicorn

from Legends Of Tomorrow S04e01 The Virgin Gary

and the already classic grodd vs obama

www.youtube.com

Gorilla Grodd VS Barack Obama

https://youtu.be/auWMZURlEvUDC Legends Of Tommorow sceneFlashDCSupergirl

just to name a few, and trying not to post the not safe for life ones, like the evil nipple scene xD

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they all get a goodbye episode on The Flash. Any show that lasts 7 seasons.. I feel like the cast and audience who stuck with the show at least deserve an ending.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
and the already classic grodd vs obama

www.youtube.com

Gorilla Grodd VS Barack Obama

https://youtu.be/auWMZURlEvUDC Legends Of Tommorow sceneFlashDCSupergirl

just to name a few, and trying not to post the not safe for life ones, like the evil nipple scene xD

Lol @ "time to make America Grodd Again"

Lol.

Wut

They were just throwing whatever they could at the wall weren't they?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Lol @ "time to make America Grodd Again"

Lol.

Wut

They were just throwing whatever they could at the wall weren't they?

The Arrowverse shows took a number of shots at Trump during that period. Legends had a few jokes at his expense, Arrow S7 had a plot about tearing down a wall that stood between the rich and poor sections of Star City and Supergirl's entire fourth season was a giant middle finger toward the Trump administration and its supporters.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
when TV shows are filmed, any end of season cliffhangers should also include filming of the next seasons opener to close out the cliffhanger. That way if a 'surprise motherfucker' cancellation comes along they can still at least release that

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Legends was cancelled after seven seasons of being acclaimed by critics and fans, with its ratings sitting largely in the middle/lower-middle of the network's shows, and given nothing to wrap up the story.
This is where I fundamentally disagree, they were given 13 episodes to wrap up the story when they got the season 7 order. I believe that showrunners of bubble shows should always work with the episode order they have and not the one they hope they'll get, that's too much of a gamble.
I know the CW has been pretty good with bringing established shows to an end but like I said before, their behavior in the past was never a guarantee that this would go on forever. At the end of the day the CW pulled the plug after the episodes they ordered where delivered and aired, that it ended on a cliffhanger is 100% the showrunners fault I am am blaming them for it.

Another thing you need to consider is that cliffhangers can sometimes play a part in a network bubble show getting renewed. Teasing something at the end of a season comes alongside pitching the story to the network for the next season, which can help the show's chances with executives.
That might work for newer shows but not 7 seasons into a show, at that point the network knows what they have and unless the pitch is lowering the license fee there's very little they can say or do to sway the network because a show that old is unlikely to grow its audience.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
This really hurts. Legends was my favorite superhero show. I really just loved the characters. Not even a shorter final season to wrap things up. I was so excited to see Donald Faison join the team.

What am unjust world it is that Flash, the worst Arrowverse show gets to continue while the best is canceled. 😭

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Ow no :/ I was so invested in the CW shows and when Legends became it was a highlight… Dropped all the CW shows in favor for my time years ago but I would be so mad if it's gets cancelled without an actual ending

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
I'm the type of guy that wants to finish what I start. It's why I'm usually picky with what I watch (and what games I play). I loved the Arrowverse and the idea of it. So I watched all shows. But the fatigue was real, and the quality of the shows got so bad over the years. I liked Batwoman season 1. Legends was the only show that was always fun I think.

But honestly, I'm glad it's all ending. Legends was the show that did deserve a (maybe shorter) final season. But maybe they can work that into the flash. Personally I'm glad it's as good as over with.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Really?

You couldn't have renewed for a "final season"? CW has always done well to wrap up their shows and where I thought it was a good chance this might not survive the sale, I had hoped they would at least allow one more renewal to wrap up the storyline.

I really hate when shows end on a cliffhanger, especially on ones I love. And this one was a big cliffhanger. This show needed a proper goodbye.

And if it's not's only CW's decision on these renewals and Discovery had input on them also, then I blame them, as well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'm gonna put any energy into any new projects WB Discovery greenlights. Just like Netflix there's no point in getting invested in new TV shows anymore when they just cancel shit.

Oct 27, 2017
Well this merger turned out to be fucking awful. I don't even like most of these shows but heir willingness to scorch earth everything is not a good omen for how they'll handle the content they acquired.

Now I'm concerned about how they're going to fuck up HBO and all of the quality content they've been putting out. Fact that we got three seasons of doom patrol there was already some thing of a blessing but I'm assuming that they can cut production of anything and everything over there as well.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I don't think I'm gonna put any energy into any new projects WB Discovery greenlights. Just like Netflix there's no point in getting invested in new TV shows anymore when they just cancel shit.

Netflix spontaneously cancels their shows because of a shaky business model. WBD is taking aim at all their broadcasted networks because they see HBO Max as their single destination in the near future. I think its a little too soon to think they are just going to kill their programs as unpredictably as Netflix.

Between the Arrowverse and shows like Titans, Doom Patrol, Pennyworth, and upcoming The Batman spin-off shows its reasonable that they are trying to have some sort of focus in the DC projects rather than just green lighting everything and hoping at least one becomes a hit as Netflix would.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix spontaneously cancels their shows because of a shaky business model. WBD is taking aim at all their broadcasted networks because they see HBO Max as their single destination in the near future. I think its a little too soon to think they are just going to kill their programs as unpredictably as Netflix.

Between the Arrowverse and shows like Titans, Doom Patrol, Pennyworth, and upcoming The Batman spin-off shows its reasonable that they are trying to have some sort of focus in the DC projects rather than just green lighting everything and hoping at least one becomes a hit as Netflix would.

I have zero faith in them. With the way they're acting now, and especially if they're going to sell off their gaming wing, I have zero reason to trust Discovery has my best interests in mind with their moves. Their HBO Max content is all extremely hit (Peacemaker) or miss (Titans) and I'm not interested in wasting my time on shows that might get killed after a year if their engagement numbers aren't high enough.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I have zero faith in them. With the way they're acting now, and especially if they're going to sell off their gaming wing, I have zero reason to trust Discovery has my best interests in mind with their moves. Their HBO Max content is all extremely hit (Peacemaker) or miss (Titans) and I'm not interested in wasting my time on shows that might get killed after a year if their engagement numbers aren't high enough.

Time will only tell, but this is just how businesses operate especially upon merger. I mean, this was a long in the tooth show (7 seasons) and Batwoman was something I hadn´t heard mentioned since the controversy with changing the lead after a single season. And Peacemaker I forgot to mention, but yes killing something like that would show that WBD had no idea what they were doing. And a lot of times, Netflix gives that impression with the shows they axe.

I don´t think any streaming platform holder will get that bad. Netflix created an unsustainable way of operating that only worked with zero major competitors. None of them will be faced with what they are now faced with

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Time will only tell, but this is just how businesses operate especially upon merger. I mean, this was a long in the tooth show (7 seasons) and Batwoman was something I hadn´t heard mentioned since the controversy with changing the lead after a single season. And Peacemaker I forgot to mention, but yes killing something like that would show that WBD had no idea what they were doing. And a lot of times, Netflix gives that impression with the shows they axe.

I don´t think any streaming platform holder will get that bad. Netflix created an unsustainable way of operating that only worked with zero major competitors. None of them will be faced with what they are now faced with

My point is that their first moves right out of the gate are to A) cancel my favorite CW show and B) potentially sell all of their gaming devs to some asshole company. They will need to do several years worth of demonstrably good things to walk this shit back in my mind. I do not give the businesses like this benefit of the doubt, especially when their warning shot hurts this much.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
End of an era, I fell off Legends and the entire Arrowverse a few years ago but there was a period where it was really exciting... like when this dropped:

That first season of Legends sucked but they rebounded pretty well when they introduced Nate.
I'd be curious how well the Arrowverse has aged. I was all in at one point but the CW-ness of it all bogged down so many of those shows and meanwhile comic book television in general has gotten so much better. Still, Arrowverse was an important step to get us to where we are today. I know Flash is still going but this feels like the end.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
My point is that their first moves right out of the gate are to A) cancel my favorite CW show and B) potentially sell all of their gaming devs to some asshole company. They will need to do several years worth of demonstrably good things to walk this shit back in my mind. I do not give the businesses like this benefit of the doubt, especially when their warning shot hurts this much.

Hopefully they become a tighter company from all this because they have not been operating efficiently for years now. DC movies have had very low lows and they have struggled to get even a handful of major games released since 2016. I cant lay the blame on Discovery for WB´s company turmoils

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they become a tighter company from all this because they have not been operating efficiently for years now. DC movies have had very low lows and they have struggled to get even a handful of major games released since 2016. I cant lay the blame on Discovery for WB´s company turmoils

We'll see, but I have no faith in companies that buy out another organization and then immediately start destroying stuff right out of the gate. Discovery has done nothing to inspire even a modicum of trust here.

Oct 25, 2017
We'll see, but I have no faith in companies that buy out another organization and then immediately start destroying stuff right out of the gate. Discovery has done nothing to inspire even a modicum of trust here.
Legends and Batwoman were on the bubble long before Discovery was involved.
Batwoman was lucky to even survive its lead leaving after 1 season.
They only last because of back end deals.

WB was talking about divesting from CW before Discovery

There is also discussions of getting the DC stuff in more order from the films down

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

Its honestly just trimming the fat. Especially when the entire point of the WBD merger seems to be HBO Max centered. And taking everything into consideration, including WB´s own missteps, none of their decisions or rumored discussions have stood out to me that they are being mismanaged. Seems like they are trying to strengthen their core

Oct 27, 2017
Hated the majority of the cast, not particularly sad to see it go honestly. I dropped off a while back as with most CW stuff.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Legends and Batwoman were on the bubble long before Discovery was involved.
Batwoman was lucky to even survive its lead leaving after 1 season.
They only last because of back end deals.

WB was talking about divesting from CW before Discovery

There is also discussions of getting the DC stuff in more order from the films down

There is nothing I want less than an "ordered" approach where only one incarnation of a given character is allowed to exist at a time. DC's ONLY STRENGTH compared to Marvel was allowing multiple takes on characters to coexist at the same time.

Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing I want less than an "ordered" approach where only one incarnation of a given character is allowed to exist at a time. DC's ONLY STRENGTH compared to Marvel was allowing multiple takes on characters to coexist at the same time.
That's isn't what was said(but could go that direction)

WB already has loads of dumb restrictions and rights issues tied to the properties.

Batwoman for example has huge potential but was stuck slumming it unsuccessfully on CW.
A Batwoman reboot on Max could be great.

Superman and Flash could be much bigger and better folded into Max but they are too successful to change atm

Stargirl is in a weird spot where it fits CW but is actually really good and honestly I'd say better than Superman even because it's so lean.

When the CW stuff started there was literally no competition and now Disney put their stuff on an assembly line that while not all great have the prestige.

WB trimming the old fat and doing more stuff like Doom Patrol, Harley, Titans(just needs more consistent writing) Peacemaker is the way to go.

Hell I think Superman is already a case it,
Really good show with a better budget helping yet those CW tentacles slowly trying to work their negative influence

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed with this

Stop treating viewers as if they're idiots who cannot distinguish between a TV and movie Superman/Flash

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's isn't what was said(but could go that direction)

WB already has loads of dumb restrictions and rights issues tied to the properties.

Batwoman for example has huge potential but was stuck slumming it unsuccessfully on CW.
A Batwoman reboot on Max could be great.

Superman and Flash could be much bigger and better folded into Max but they are too successful to change atm

Stargirl is in a weird spot where it fits CW but is actually really good and honestly I'd say better than Superman even because it's so lean.

Max is not special. Max does not make shows better by default, as we see every week a new Titans episode comes out.

Oct 25, 2017
Max is not special. Max does not make shows better by default, as we see every week a new Titans episode comes out.
Titans has more potential than stuff on the CW.
Budget and rights restrictions are less severe.

Titans issue specifically is someone in the creative is completely out of sync with literally everyone else involved
Because every time that show makes a statement like
"We have to do this as a team" and someone like Nightwing agrees
The very next episode "I'm doing this alone to protect everyone"

It's like that from the ground up, the show promises to get lighter,
Next episode thr show lingers on a baby in a stroller being killed by a toxin.

The inconsistency is just so weird in that series.
But the good writing is enjoyable. The actors are great despite what is given and the show looks good-great with only some choreography issues now and then.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Titans has more potential than stuff on the CW.
Budget and rights restrictions are less severe.

Titans issue specifically is someone in the creative is completely out of sync with literally everyone else involved
Because every time that show makes a statement like
"We have to do this as a team" and someone like Nightwing agrees
The very next episode "I'm doing this alone to protect everyone"

It's like that from the ground up, the show promises to get lighter,
Next episode thr show lingers on a baby in a stroller being killed by a toxin.

The inconsistency is just so weird in that series

Titans has had three seasons and has yet to hit the target with any of them. There is no potential there, the show is just an ill-concepted mess that doesn't work. I like Conor Leslie as Donna Troy, but that's it. The best thing they could possibly do with Titans is get her off of that show and give her a spinoff so the original show can die in peace.

Like even the Flash has more genuinely good seasons than Titans does, and the Flash drove off a cliff in season 3.

Oct 27, 2017
Titans has had three seasons and has yet to hit the target with any of them. There is no potential there, the show is just an ill-concepted mess that doesn't work. I like Conor Leslie as Donna Troy, but that's it. The best thing they could possibly do with Titans is get her off of that show and give her a spinoff so the original show can die in peace.

Like even the Flash has more genuinely good seasons than Titans does, and the Flash drove off a cliff in season 3.
Nothing has ever hit CW Flash lows.

Some people really like their campy teenage drama shows, don't they.

Bengraven