View: https://x.com/AusilMV/status/1791498997401583809
Jason Voorhees should be a character on the #MultiVersus relaunch roster

This information was shared with me by multiple sources

These recent hints may have 'confirmed' it:
- The alphabetical 'CSS'
- The "horror" PvE mode category
- Jason Universe announced

View: https://x.com/AusilMV/status/1791585104982081839
in the metadata for the raw mp4 of the rift mode trailer, which shows the names of the different files used during editing, a file mentioning Jason is present
GNz8ZhNWsAALZH8

View: https://x.com/GenosPapa/status/1791587814213370334

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. Did all that legal red tape finally get slashed?
Just put Freddy in and we can have an over-the-top Freddy vs Jason rematch

Oct 27, 2017
No, it's still a mess but not as much of a mess as it once was. We'll now see Jason in more properties, but as it stands they still aren't allowed to make a new movie.
Yea, the movie rights are still confusing to me. If you look at any recent merchandise for Friday the 13th, it appears Warner still owns the copyright to the character.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Perfect roster addition if true, they should absolutely foscus on mixing and matching the dark, human/realistic and the silly cartoon

and it gives me more hope for a Mortal Kombat kharacter

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
But dbd isn't happening 😭😭😭.
It still could. But realistically, it probably won't happen until next year. Behavior has there hands full with their current road map. I 100% believe it's gonna happen.

The roster of this game is looking pretty good. Jason would be a hilarious addition to it. Hopefully they can use old-school NES Jason as a costume. Would be dope.

Madao

Avalanche's One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
No, it's still a mess but not as much of a mess as it once was. We'll now see Jason in more properties, but as it stands they still aren't allowed to make a new movie.

aww that sucks.

at least getting Jason in these crossover games keeps him in people's minds until that stuff gets solved.

getting a Freddy Vs Jason rematch in one these crossovers is much more likely than in another movie anyway.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
It still could. But realistically, it probably won't happen until next year. Behavior has there hands full with their current road map. I 100% believe it's gonna happen.

The roster of this game is looking pretty good. Jason would be a hilarious addition to it. Hopefully they can use old-school NES Jason as a costume. Would be dope.
Its just so glaring to me that Jason is missing. I also hate the trapper since he gives me ptsd in games where hes not the killer.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Its just so glaring to me that Jason is missing. I also hate the trapper since he gives me ptsd in games where hes not the killer.
Jason had his own game that was pretty much competition with dbd. Unfortunately, that game had to die for Jason to be in dbd. With Jason looking like it's coming back here in Multiversus and Fortnite, it's just a matter of time for him to join everyone else in dbd. With Jason seemingly being very crossover friendly right now, wouldn't be surprised to see him make his way to a bunch of games. Gonna be a Jason skin in Call of Duty with a machete added as a weapon, or bloody machete skin if there's already a machete. Really curious to see just how far they go with potential crossovers for Jason.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Jason had his own game that was pretty much competition with dbd. Unfortunately, that game had to die for Jason to be in dbd. With Jason looking like it's coming back here in Multiversus and Fortnite, it's just a matter of time for him to join everyone else in dbd. With Jason seemingly being very crossover friendly right now, wouldn't be surprised to see him make his way to a bunch of games. Gonna be a Jason skin in Call of Duty with a machete added as a weapon, or bloody machete skin if there's already a machete. Really curious to see just how far they go with potential crossovers for Jason.
Lets hope they dont have it out for dbd killing their game😅.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Lets hope they dont have it out for dbd killing their game😅.
I'm sure there's no hard feelings. Especially since it was the owners of the ip that killed the game. I forget what the reason was, but it was something like the devs not having the rights for something in the game. So they had to stop developing for it. Shame it went down like that since I did enjoy the game. This seems to happen with a few games I enjoyed playing. Rip Marvel Heroes 😭

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
Afaik, "Jason" as a character has a different owner than "Friday the 13th", which is why he appears standalone from time to time.

You'll likely not see the words "Friday the 13th" at all in this appearance

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Yeah, unless the man behind the first movie changes his mind we will never see Jason on the big screen again, he has never seen any of the sequels but states that he loathes Jason and the very idea of him as being stupid as hell, i mean, they made a whole movie about Pamela killing campers because Jason died and suddenly he was always there perfectly fine!?

I am guessing he stopped being so obtuse when it comes to non-movie stuff though, so Jason is coming back again, but unless something changes, we won't see a Friday The 13 movie anytime soon.

Oct 25, 2017
If by some miracle, bolt of lightning or hot psychic girl getting really emotional the Friday 13th game comes back I hope people here get to play it!

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I mean, WB put the fucking Droogs into Space Jam 2 so them slapping Jason into Multiversus isn't off brand.

Better than having the Iron Giant in it to attack people.

Samemind

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, he'd have to be exaggerated if you wanted to preserve the feeling that he's a lumbering beast when looking at the rest of the cast.