• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes, I remember when she took a break earlier in the FBI seasons for her pregnancy, those episodes w/o her were kinda rough to get through.

It's only a rumor right now. Here is the article on it.

tvline.com

FBI Recap: Is the Team About to Lose Maggie?

'FBI' Season 6 Episode 10 set the stage for Missy Peregrym's Maggie to be pulled from the field -- maybe for good?

Warning, it has spoilers on the recent episode. I even haven't seen it yet. But apparently something happens in it to allow Maggie to walk away in the show. Or at least for a period of time again.

I mean she has two 2 children, so I understand. But the show was just renewed for 3 more seasons. Would hate to see Missy walk away as she is probably my favorite character.

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR
tvline.com

Tracker: Jensen Ackles Cast as Colter’s Brother Russell — Get First Look

'Tracker' has enlisted 'Supernatural' star Jensen Ackles to play brother to Justin Hartley's Colter Shaw in Season 1 — get details.

Yay, I'm actually really enjoying Tracker so this is great news to me and hopefully they will get more into the back story!

Didn't see this posted:

tvline.com

FBI: International Shocker: Luke Kleintank Exiting After 3 Seasons

'FBI: International' star Luke Kleintank will exit the CBS series ahead of Season 4 — read his statement.

But getting tired of all the regulars leaving the FBI shows, and the Chicago shows for that matter. You get invested with these characters and they end up leaving. Granted, some after awhile, but most are only there for a few years.

Julian McMahon from Most Wanted and now Luke Kleintank from International. Both the leads from their shows. Yes, i know they are long days, but makes me wonder what the working conditions are for some of them/how they are treated.

There is rumors now that Missy Peregrym could be leaving FBI with the recent storyline and with how many children she has. Would hate to see that as she is one of the main reasons I enjoy the show.

With everyone constantly rotating out it starts to make me want to start thinking about not investing in the shows any longer.

Saw this and super disappointed, especially after Jamie leaving. It's my favorite of the FBIs and while I really like the new girl and the rest of the cast I find myself wondering why I even bother with the FBIs anymore.

It's only a rumor right now. Here is the article on it.

tvline.com

FBI Recap: Is the Team About to Lose Maggie?

'FBI' Season 6 Episode 10 set the stage for Missy Peregrym's Maggie to be pulled from the field -- maybe for good?

Warning, it has spoilers on the recent episode. I even haven't seen it yet. But apparently something happens in it to allow Maggie to walk away in the show. Or at least for a period of time again.

I mean she has two 2 children, so I understand. But the show was just renewed for 3 more seasons. Would hate to see Missy walk away as she is probably my favorite character.

They are definitely playing like a build up to her leaving. FBI has gotten really bad though, there is like 1 good episode to 4 bad. Same old stories and I feel like so many of the characters are written out of character and just to fit the story.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Yay, I'm actually really enjoying Tracker so this is great news to me and hopefully they will get more into the back story!

Saw this and super disappointed, especially after Jamie leaving. It's my favorite of the FBIs and while I really like the new girl and the rest of the cast I find myself wondering why I even bother with the FBIs anymore.

That's how I'm starting to feel, as well. You get invested with the characters and many of them end up leaving. Along with the Chicago shows, as well. Seems like there is at least another 1-2 actors leaving, between all the shows, every year.

This is being said more facetious, but a part of me wishes it is true, but why can't more of them be more like Marisa Hargitay with L&O.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Run The Burbs’ Canceled After 3 Seasons

There will not be a fourth season of Canadian comedy Run the Burbs.
I guess the CW pickups don't mean much for the home networks that produce this content. But I guess at least CW didn't burn it like the Australian shows they bought.

What the hell, the whole gimmick of the show is the brother and they didn't even cast him? That just makes me think the whole mystery box was a pointless gimmick.

But I guess that's 99% of TV these days.

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR
What the hell, the whole gimmick of the show is the brother and they didn't even cast him? That just makes me think the whole mystery box was a pointless gimmick.

But I guess that's 99% of TV these days.

I imagine they were actually playing it smart and making the sure the show would actually get picked up before casting, especially given the writers strike.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I guess the CW pickups don't mean much for the home networks that produce this content. But I guess at least CW didn't burn it like the Australian shows they bought.
I could've swore one of the Canadian tax credits expires after 3 or 4 seasons and so unless a show is a big hit they usually stop being profitable beyond that. It's one of the reasons renovation shows change their names after a few seasons so they can qualify for that specific credit again. There's no reason for Mike Holmes (13 shows in 23 years) and Bryan Baeumler (7 shows in 17 years) to have so many different shows that are essentially the same thing. lol

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine they were actually playing it smart and making the sure the show would actually get picked up before casting, especially given the writers strike.
I only watched the Superbowl episode, but they made such a big deal about the mythology that I assumed they had that locked down. At least it's not as bad as that Red John stuff where they basically made shit up for 5 years or whatever and actually have someone who is going to play the brother.

I still don't get why cop shows need mystery boxes though. I guess it's supposed to be more interesting than a standard Dick Wolf procedural, but I can't think of one off the top of my head where the 5 year mystery paid off in an amazing way that justified teasing the audience over and over again with reveals.

I could've swore one of the Canadian tax credits expires after 3 or 4 seasons and so unless a show is a big hit they usually stop being profitable beyond that. It's one of the reasons renovation shows change their names after a few seasons so they can qualify for that specific credit again. There's no reason for Mike Holmes (13 shows in 23 years) and Bryan Baeumler (7 shows in 17 years) to have so many different shows that are essentially the same thing. lol
Hrm, in a way I get it so that fresh content gets funding. Also I wonder if that's why Mary Berg has like 5 shows on CTV too... they should close that loophole at least.

That CW deal must have been for pennies though if having an American network buy the show and air it in primetime didn't factor in stopping their cancellation plans. Maybe it's time for a Kim's Convenience reunion if all that weird behind the scenes stuff is settled...

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘NCIS: Hawai’i’ Canceled By CBS: Franchise’s First Female-Led Series Ending After 3 Seasons

It came down to the wire, but NCIS: Hawai'i ultimately didn't make the cut for next season at CBS.
It came down to the wire, but NCIS: Hawai'i ultimately didn't make the cut for next season at CBS. The news comes days before the network is set to announce its fall schedule on May 2 and before the Season 3 finale of Hawai'i is scheduled to air on May 6. According to sources, the episode was not meant to be a series finale and includes a tease for what was to come but fans won't be left reeling by a major cliffhanger.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is it because even with a studio there it's still too expensive to shoot? They've already done New Orleans so maybe it's time for NCIS: Atlanta. lol

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
tvline.com

Peacock to Raise Prices Again — Here’s How Much It’ll Cost to Stream (Mostly) Without Ads

The price of Peacock is going up — find out how much the streaming service will cost you for the ad-free experience.

Peacock Premium Plus, which allows viewers to stream mostly without ads, will go up $2 to a monthly charge of $13.99; Peacock Premium Plus' annual price will go from $119.99 to $139.99. Peacock Premium, which has ads, also will increase $2 to $7.99 per month; Peacock Premium's price will go from $59.99 to $79.99 per year.

The price hike will start Thursday, July 18, for new subscribers as well as existing subscribers with their next billing date on or after Aug. 17.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Not official, official, but seems like it could be happening. One of the best action shows I've seen on TV.

www.whats-on-netflix.com

Netflix Renews Korean Drama 'Bloodhounds' For Season 2

Filming is reportedly set to get underway later in 2024.
Very cool if true, but the very end of season 1 already felt like the sped through what could've been a whole second season.

And it sucks what happened with Kim Sae-ron, I really loved her character.

Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Scooby-Doo’ Live-Action Series in the Works at Netflix

Greg Berlanti will exec produce the drama, which will be written by Josh Appelbaum and Scott Rosenberg.
The streaming giant is near a deal for a live-action TV series based on the beloved Hanna-Barbera animated cartoon Scooby-Doo. The project has a script-to-series commitment at Netflix, meaning if the script is well received, it would trigger a straight-to-series order for what is considered a live-action update of the classic cartoon

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
www.resetera.com

TV in May 2024 - What are you watching?

May might just be the best month of the year. Or it might not. I suppose we'll find out. Look, we've got quite a few returning shows that made tiny splashes the last few times around but fans might say deserved bigger splashes. Acapulco on Apple TV+ comes to mind as it's just a better Ted Lasso...

Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

Amazon’s Alex Cross Series Starring Aldis Hodge Renewed for Season 2 Ahead of Series Premiere

Amazon Prime Video's upcoming series based on James Patterson's Alex Cross novels is being renewed for Season 2, Variety has learned from sources.
The show, which stars Aldis Hodge as Cross, has yet to debut its first season or even set a premiere date. But according to sources, Amazon was impressed enough with what they have seen from the first season to greenlight the second and begin casting. Jeanine Mason ("Roswell, New Mexico," "Upload") has reportedly already been cast in Season 2.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
GMgVtejXQAAuq20

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Oh, now they've moved from two part drops to three part drops huh.

jfc just do weekly episodes then.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
I get why they are doing it, to keep people subscribed. Maybe they have research that people will stay subscribed for the three batches rather than just airing it weekly and subbing after it finished to binge them all. Either way it's dumb and I hate it.

Yup. This is clearly working for them. I just wait for the final drop so whatever.