• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed FFXIII and FFXV more than most people who regularly post, I think. I don't adore either one of them, per se, but I do enjoy them.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
The early days of No Man's Sky. While everyone was hating the game here, I was enjoying every single second of it.

Edit: There were a few of us, but we were outnumbered BIG time.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 is definitely in that category lol
I think most like it at the very least but I feel like that game got a lot of heat for being too slow and having bad controls. In fact I remember a thread being made that called it unplayable lol
Red Dead Redemption 2 is one of the GOAT. Better than RDR 1 by a mile.

Some of these answers...

People are not allowed to dislike popular games without it meaning the consensus is overly negative.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
It's a 3D Mario game that despite some shortcomings it still remains my favorite.

Oh I should mention the name. It's Super Mario....
Sunshine.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
I think my usermane and my profile picture speaks for themselves, yes, I expected so much more of Final Fantasy XV, but I still enjoyed the game.

robhans

Banned
Jun 27, 2019
Games that are disliked everywere:
DA: Inqisition (Like people said that first location is endless bloat and huge, when it took less time to 100% this location than skyrim prolog.)
ME: Andromeda - it was worse than trilogy but it still was a good game and had the best combat out of all of them (Atleast by playing class with charge+shotgun)
DmC - I like it more than 1, 2 and 4.
Assassins Creed series. Overall most ubisoft games
Control - not disliked, more mixed opinions but I loved it

Games that are disliked especially on ERA, not that much elsewere:
Code Vein
Bioshock Infinity + Burial at Sea (one of my favorite games of all time)

Reading this thread, I guess Borderlands series, lol.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Yossarian harry the spy phonicjoy elPolloDiablo Almyn PetrCobra TacoSupreme

Thought some of you may be interested in this. After discussing Rebellion/Supremacy, I got the itch to play it again. And I hit almost god level RNG for my starting position. When I checked my starter characters, I had BOTH Bin Essada and Pter Thanas. Normally I have both Palps and Vader doing recruitment, but because I had 2 of the three recruitable diplomats from day one, I put Vader straight on diplomacy and left recruitment to Palps alone...and of course, the first person he recruited was Pellaeon! So on like day 20 I had every single imperial diplomat! Then I sent Pter Thanas to the "rebellion" sector (the one where it's all neutral or rebellion planets), to start a diplomacy mission there and stave off the nightmare of a fully rebel sector...and within a few days, on a neutral planet with only Pter, on a diplomacy mission, and a galleon I sent with him to get him their faster...Jan Dodonna was captured an injured on a misssion:

UBHt0Gm.png

So not only did I have all my diplomats, the rebels lost one of theirs!

So now on day 73 things look like this lol:

USwaOU3.png

(also had a stroke of luck in the corellia sector as you can see, got one of those "chain reactions" where a planet joins your side and 3 others nearby decide to join too).

Never had a game like this!

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Thought some of you may be interested in this. After discussing Rebellion/Supremacy, I got the itch to play it again. And I hit almost god level RNG for my starting position. When I checked my starter characters, I had BOTH Bin Essada and Pter Thanas. Normally I have both Palps and Vader doing recruitment, but because I had 2 of the three recruitable diplomats from day one, I put Vader straight on diplomacy and left recruitment to Palps alone...and of course, the first person he recruited was Pellaeon! So on like day 20 I had every single imperial diplomat! Then I sent Pter Thanas to the "rebellion" sector (the one where it's all neutral or rebellion planets), to start a diplomacy mission there and stave off the nightmare of a fully rebel sector...and within a few days, on a neutral planet with only Pter, on a diplomacy mission, and a galleon I sent with him to get him their faster...Jan Dodonna was captured an injured on a misssion:

UBHt0Gm.png

USwaOU3.png

(also had a stroke of luck in the corellia sector as you can see, got one of those "chain reactions" where a planet joins your side and 3 others nearby decide to join too).

Impressive.gif

That's a hell of a starting line-up!

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed FFXIII and FFXV more than most people who regularly post, I think. I don't adore either one of them, per se, but I do enjoy them.

im almost sure there are more people who like or are indifferent to XIII here than the opposite

its certainly the place i see more people defending it than anywhere else

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018

UBHt0Gm.png

USwaOU3.png

Quit now, you've won hahaha. I don't think I've ever focussed on diplomacy in the core systems. I usually tried to get the systems where I had a foothold in the core totally to my side, while spamming the outer systems with droids. There are always a few with insane resources there. a few mega shipyards and a few totally devoted to energy/materials and you're basically invincible.

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance.

It has it's problems but I genuinely love the game. I find it to be fun, despite the sound quality I like a lot of the songs (one day I will find a good rock remix of Successor of Fate), and it being easy just makes it one of CV titles I can get through quickly when just feel like playing a CV metriodvania.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Final Fantasy XV. Very interesting world imo. Combat could be tweaked a tad and some things in the trailers sadly didn't get into the final game. but there was always alot of potential there.

"Squandered potential" might as well be the subtitle of that game. That or "most expensive tech demo in history".

astro

Oct 25, 2017
You can make the poll lol
But I'm going off my personal experience.
You're going off of confrimation bias because negative opinions stand out to you. The game is ridiculously popular, obviously, the idea that Era is lukewarm on it is nonsense.

A poll would prove that, feel free!

Altezein

User requested ban
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I think Lukewarm would be more appropriate. I've seen a lot of posts talking bad about anime style.
Check out Pyras reveal for Smash.
Just did. People were not disappointed because of anime aesthetics, but because the "anime sword fighter" role is already severely featured in the game by Fire Emblem characters, Shulk from Xenoblade 1, Dragon Quest hero, etc.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Some of these answers...

People are not allowed to dislike popular games without it meaning the consensus is overly negative.

Reading through a couple of the early pages and it comes off as people just throwing whatever game out. I feel like the only one I read that was divisive amongst reviewers and here was Days Gone lol.

On topic: I'd personally go with the 2K series (or sports games in general seem to be frowned upon here) or maybe even annual MP shooters like CoD. Sometimes this forum feels like a real stickler regarding MP > single player.

Okay, loving CoD/NBA 2K is a little too strong, but I certainly don't dislike them.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I think Lukewarm would be more appropriate. I've seen a lot of posts talking bad about anime style.

Check out Pyras reveal for Smash.
I personally agree with you but considering the character was from Xeno 2, outside of Lora/Morag, they never had a chance in regards to discussion about style/appearance

Scuttlefluff

Oct 28, 2017
Never seen animosity quite like that directed at PlayStation All-Stars. Which is weird because I adored it and played the online with guys from work for about a year. The Internet echo chamber insists it was the worst thing to ever happen though.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Final Fantasy XV

I do hate how crucial plot points and character arcs are cut off into post game DLC scenarios, but other than that I think it's a solid 8.5/10 game. Oh and Luna being a nothing character.

This game triggers me. I hated it. Everything about it is horrible (well, maybe not everything, at least the graphics are good).

The gameplay is terrible while driving, while fighting (don't even get me started on the combat).

It was the first Final Fantasy I ever finished. And I finished it out of spite, having payed 60 dollars for it.

MissingString

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely DmC for me. I've always liked the Devil May Cry games (though I was pretty lukewarm on 4) but they've always been one and done experiences for me. I get through them, put them away, and never look at them again, so DmC having kind of shallow combat didn't really bother me. I don't play the games to master the combat, just to enjoy the experience of getting through the game.

After 4 games, I thought Devil May Cry's anime cool tone was getting kind of played out and thought DmC looked really refreshing. The punk aesthetic was fun, the reinterpretation of the characters was interesting, and the level design and combat were solid. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game (especially the hilarious Fox News boss fight).

I'm glad it wasn't a permanent change (Devil May Cry 5 was great and after DmC as a palate cleanser I was ready to go back to the style of the old games) but it really gets more flack that it deserves.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think this thread has really just verified that there's a small, vocal subset of people who basically shout into the void about how bad a game is, repeatedly; this makes some others believe that there's actually a lot of people who share these ideas, when it's really just these 12 people or whatever. Hence the answers of RDR2 and the like.

Answering the question: Guild Wars 2. I'm not entirely sure what the stance on it is, but I don't see many posts about it, so I'm going to go with lukewarm.
Final Fantasy XV. I don't care about Diane's opinion of it either, so you don't have to repost your response again.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Wouldn't take it over the original, but I do love the game. Excellent game on its own merits and waaaaaaaay better than Village. I think I might even put it over RE2 Remake to be honest. That's something I'm constantly changing my mind on. RE3 Remake was a really tight game, super fun to replay.

As a remake I have issues with all the changes and cut content, but as a game on its own it was bloody good.
I'm with you on RE3R being better than Village. Village is maybe the least repayable RE I have ever played.

SnoopyK

Jan 27, 2018
Days Gone and Mass Effect Andromeda I got over 100 hours in both. I liked almost all the Paper Mario's since Thousand Year Door even though I had to revisit them later to appreciate some. Dragon Age Inquisition which I am still playing every once in a while I think has surpassed now even my Skyrim total hours on like 5 systems.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Both Bioshock 2 and Infinite. At least Minerva's Den seems to get quite a bit of love.

Last edited:

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Quit now, you've won hahaha. I don't think I've ever focussed on diplomacy in the core systems. I usually tried to get the systems where I had a foothold in the core totally to my side, while spamming the outer systems with droids. There are always a few with insane resources there. a few mega shipyards and a few totally devoted to energy/materials and you're basically invincible.

well, you weren't wrong

z1V4kLA.png

this is actually the weirdest game ever. the rebels made *NO* attempts to take over planets. When I swept through the outer systems, they only had like 4 total.

instead they spent 100% of their energy attempting to incite uprisings, and I won't lie, if I didn't have all my diplomats so early, it may have worked. But as-is I was *just* able keep ahead, and I guess they didn't have enough maintenance points to do anything else.
when a planet had a safely large green bar, I'd move them on to a new planet that the rebels were inciting, so I decided to try one of my non diplomats - screed who started with like 20 in diplomacy.

this is him now:

amZvDP4.png

95% of his missions failed in the first few hundred days, but as he gained 1 point with every mission that succeded, in the end he became a real diplomat lol. I'm literally only playing the game now to get him up to 100 before I take out their base.