Status
Not open for further replies.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Macross Frontier : Labyrinth of Time
What an emotional ride coming from a 13 minutes short. The CG does look a bit wonky towards the end but as a Frontier fan, and more importantly a Ranka fan this was everything that I could have asked for. Ranka is really rocking with her new looks, and they really showcased how she matured after the events of Frontier, no longer being the naive kid she was before, and becoming an Utahime just like her idol Sheryl was, in the very short time they had. Really excited to see where they go with Frontier from here with the open-ending this short had...
I watched it this morning and it reminded me of the ending of Wings of Goodbye. Still hurts even now :( They made things really hopeful this time though but it was such a tease! The CG was really weird but whatever.

Adult Ranka looked fucking great but give us more Sheryl :(

Also watching the Revenge concert from last year (how did they hold this during covid?), Megumi Nakajima's voice isn't reaching quite the same highs anymore but how the fuck does May'n still sound the same and so fuckin amazing?

Last edited:

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
Made in Abyss - s2 end

So this was a very beautiful adaptation of some of the most horrifying content ever put into manga, honestly most adaptations wish they had the amount of love this series got. However, with this episode the anime has basically caught up to the manga (only 4 or so chapters behind) and the mangaka does 3-4 chapters a year, so if anyone wants to continue the story - start at chapter 60.

Fun fact, this season covered an arc that released over the course of about 4 years.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
The Tatami Time Machine Blues 3

This show is so damn fun. I love how all the pieces come together to close the loop - the best part of any time travel adventure.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like an Adventure of Dai dub is floating around out there now. Seems to be a Canadian production after all; makes me pretty happy to see a lot of the Ocean crew in there. Brian Drummond as Hadlar! Alec Willows as Brass!

ryanquest.com

Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai ENGLISH DUB!

We finally have an English Dub of Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai that's only available in the UK as of this moment, but hopefully it will come out to other regions soon. NOTE: You'll need a VPN to watch the episodes. Windscribe highly recommended and is free (with data limit). Click here...

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
BNA 7
migratory bird + jesus wolf okami + random bird powers at least foreshadowed by OP/ED etc + smug version of andrew from LWA for some reason. it was ... fine?

BNA 8
Jesus christ, what the fuck. where did all that blood come from

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Glancing at MAL, the first season was Fall 07 to Spring 08 with the second season running from Fall 08 to Spring 09. I remember being frustrated by the cliffhanger the first season ended on.
We had a misunderstanding. I just mean the individual seasons were contiguous. Both 00 and Iron-Blooded Orphans had gaps between S1 and S2. Also SEED and Destiny had a gap.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The current season finale of Overlord was something. I didn't see that coming from the princess, she's some charadter. Also that weird disney song at the end? Lol

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
there is really so much happening in the upcoming season, it's nuts!

metalmonstar

May 17, 2018
Tatami Time Machine Blues 3
This show just flies by.

I would imagine it does when it is only 15 minutes long.

Feels weird with the Summer season coming to an end and Fall starting up. Yet we have several shows that aren't finished yet. Not to mention Shine Post and Uncle Isekai which were delayed until later.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Looking so good. Hopefully they smooth some of the rough edges but not too much
Man, I never really had any interest in Urusei Yatsura, but it LOOKS gorgeous. Ranma 1/2 was one of the first long running series that I actively got hooked on, so I'm mildly curious seeing Rumiko Takahashi's older characters in a modern looking series.
Know the title means obnoxious people and unlike say Inuyasha and kinda like Ranma, every person in the show is crazy if not nuts. Ataru is the definition of bad luck combined with the sleaziest perviest high schooler you can imagine and gets harshly judged and punished for it XD. That's the fun part tho, they're all nuts and they go ham over it

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Never had any interest in this, but I also said the same about Osomatsu and it ended up being one of my fav series. I'll check this out

EDIT: HOLY SHIT WTF THIS HAS 46 EPISODES?!
It's a best of reboot(we don't know if it's going for just the best stories or including the overall plot point yet) of a beloved 366 chapter 80's gag manga. The author went on to write Ranma and Inuyasha after this. The original tv show was insanely long and had multiple movies. This Is going to be drastically different because A) the old stuff didn't cover everything, and B) the old series was a classic example of director influenced tone and direction. So it's got it's own vibe and flow. Plus David pro are amazing animators versus the old one being a long term on going

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada

Season 2 has been alright, but it hasn't hit quite like S1 did (could be that I was waaaaay younger when it initially aired too). I guess if anything it's just good that it won't take another 100 years between seasons. It's comfy trash food tier anime for me lol.

It's a best of reboot(we don't know if it's going for just the best stories or including the overall plot point yet) of a beloved 366 chapter 80's gag manga. The author went on to write Ranma and Inuyasha after this. The original tv show was insanely long and had multiple movies. This Is going to be drastically different because A) the old stuff didn't cover everything, and B) the old series was a classic example of director influenced tone and direction. So it's got it's own vibe and flow. Plus David pro are amazing animators versus the old one being a long term on going
It looks good, I'll definitely give it a shot!

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon? Yes, It Is! You Pick Girls The Normal Way episode 11

That was awesome.
Too bad, Bell's super jump flaming stab thing didn't much of anything anyway. And now, everything's gone to shit.

Saw that coming lunatic crazy guy. WE ALL SAW IT COMING A MILE AWAY.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Call of the Night 13

Call of the Night is probably the best-looking anime of the year. The way it presents the night with the colors...good stuff. And the direction is top-notch as well. The opening and ending are bangers.

At first glance, Call of the Night is a very relaxing time. Just a dude (Kou) who wanted to escape from the boredom of his life...and to do so, he chooses to use the night. There is no bigger picture here, it's just a dude living his life. And then the vampire plot starts. Nazuna, the poster girl of the series enters the picture and she immediately steals the show. Kou decides that he wants to become a vampire and to do so, he has to fall in love with Nazuna. In exchange for his blood, Nazuna accepts to turn him into a vampire but he has to fall in love with her first. Kou wants to know what it feels like to fall in love. The problem for me is that my boy Kou is...14 years old. They sleep in the same bed multiple times and also exchange kisses here and there. It is a cute romance but...my man Kou is 14. Fourteen years old. Couldn't he have been like 4 years older? Another complaint that I also have is the amount of fanservice. I get it, the vampires in this world are hot by nature but still.

The supporting cast is fairly fun, from Kou's childhood friends to the vampires. The detective that was introduced in the latter half of the series is probably the best secondary character and also gives this series something it needed: Some degree of tension and some drama as well. She forced Kou to grapple with the potential consequences of his wish to become a vampire. I hope that we see more of her and that we find out who hired her.

One problem remains: Kou is 14 years old...

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.