Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
I just watched Remake Our Life! and I absolutely loved it.

Bokutachi-no-Remake-Wallpaper-2.gif

Can anyone else recommend me slice-of-life time travel anime or general time travel anime in general?
I've seen similar anime such as: Steins;Gate, Your Name, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
I'm also planning on watching: Orange, Tatami Galaxy, Erased and A Place Further than the Universe (although I know that last one isn't Time Travel)

Any reccomendations based on these that folks think I'd like would be much appreciated, I also desperately want a Season 2 of "Remake Our Life!" it was so good!
Is this it ? The one in the millionth chance to push Sagrada Reset on someone with it being actually appropriate for what someone's asking ? Someone pinch me.

It's just "general time travel anime" and even said travel is limited in scope. Show starts pretty badly but it gets good eventually, I swear !*

* I do verily swear.**

**If it's your very particular cup of tea.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
No problem. Be sure to also check the OVA's out.
Also, this one could interest you. It's starting next week.

myanimelist.net

Summertime Render

Since the death of his parents, Shinpei Ajiro had lived with the Kofune family and their two daughters—Mio and Ushio. Although he then left his home island to continue his education in Tokyo, Shinpei returns after Ushio tragically drowns during the attempted rescue of a little girl. During the...

And perhaps Tokyo Revengers.
Oh this looks good too, and you said it starting next week? It almost sounds like a classic murder mystery plot with a twist… love it!
There's Steins Gate 0 as well, unless you've already watched that.
So, I have a really strange problem with Steins Gate. I love it… but I watched it dubbed and the dubbed voice actors are weirdly iconic to me. Which is strange because 99.9% of the time I watch anime subbed and sometimes if I love it a lot I'll go back watch it again with the dub (I've done this with Death Note and Your Name as examples that come to mind). But yeah most of the time I just watch subbed. So it's strange and I can't remember why or what circumstance led to me watching Steins Gate dubbed… but I did.

So now I either have to watch the movie and 0 as dubbed versions too or rewatch the original series but subbed this time and see if I can get over my love for the English dub cast. I also have no idea if the Steins Gate movie or 0 for that matter are dubbed anyway so subbed may be my only way to go and enough time may have passed now that it won't be super jarring to me to go and rewatch that first steins gate series subbed (as I should have).
Is this it ? The one in the millionth chance to push Sagrada Reset on someone with it being actually appropriate for what someone's asking ? Someone pinch me.

It's just "general time travel anime" and even said travel is limited in scope. Show starts pretty badly but it gets good eventually, I swear !*

* I do verily swear.**

**If it's your very particular cup of tea.
Sagrada Reset. Just read the brief synopsis, rather than diving into plot or narrative spoilers - just to get that top level "taste" for the show. Love the concept of "guy who remembers and girl who makes people forget" sounds like an awesome combo for a time travel, it goes on the list!

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017

Can anyone else recommend me slice-of-life time travel anime or general time travel anime in general?
I've seen similar anime such as: Steins;Gate, Your Name, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time.
I'm also planning on watching: Orange, Tatami Galaxy, Erased and A Place Further than the Universe (although I know that last one isn't Time Travel)

Any reccomendations based on these that folks think I'd like would be much appreciated, I also desperately want a Season 2 of "Remake Our Life!" it was so good!
Try Link Click

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Winter 2022 was an incredible season.

YJTFzWb.png
and you didn't even watch the best show of the season :P

myanimelist.net

Sasaki to Miyano

Yoshikazu Miyano's troubles first start one hot summer day when Shuumei Sasaki steps into his life. Sasaki saves Miyano's classmate from a group of bullies, and after that, Miyano cannot seem to shake off his eccentric upperclassman. His silent admiration for Sasaki gradually sours into...

djinn

Nov 16, 2017

What's your tolerance for violence? Id: Invaded isn't necessarily a time travel but it's close.

Absolutely this too

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Revue Starlight 2
Hmm, not as good as the first episode. The symbolism used for Hoshina is... Glasses. What is she? Shinpachi? Fight felt like it has less energy too.

Better. I don't trust gay roommate; her eyes are too far apart. And I don't trust sleepy gay now either. Just flashing her titties at gay roommate. Redhead gay and French gay having a fight was interesting. Gay Ojou-sama is the one to watch, apparently.

Last edited:

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Oh this looks good too, and you said it starting next week? It almost sounds like a classic murder mystery plot with a twist… love it!

So, I have a really strange problem with Steins Gate. I love it… but I watched it dubbed and the dubbed voice actors are weirdly iconic to me. Which is strange because 99.9% of the time I watch anime subbed and sometimes if I love it a lot I'll go back watch it again with the dub (I've done this with Death Note and Your Name as examples that come to mind). But yeah most of the time I just watch subbed. So it's strange and I can't remember why or what circumstance led to me watching Steins Gate dubbed… but I did.

So now I either have to watch the movie and 0 as dubbed versions too or rewatch the original series but subbed this time and see if I can get over my love for the English dub cast. I also have no idea if the Steins Gate movie or 0 for that matter are dubbed anyway so subbed may be my only way to go and enough time may have passed now that it won't be super jarring to me to go and rewatch that first steins gate series subbed (as I should have).

Sagrada Reset. Just read the brief synopsis, rather than diving into plot or narrative spoilers - just to get that top level "taste" for the show. Love the concept of "guy who remembers and girl who makes people forget" sounds like an awesome combo for a time travel, it goes on the list!
How could I forget Link Click. Definitely watch that before anything else. I think it got a Japanese dub?

NANA

Oct 26, 2017
10 episodes in and I keep thinking about dropping Beck. Was looking for something like NANA and thought this was going to be good but it's totally not. The songs are terrible and the characters are ok at best.

Malakiax

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Ya Boy Kongming! - 1

Great first episode, excellent visuals as always from P.A. Works.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
If this is real this is awesome. if not Japan is cruel, RPG real estate and Demon girl next door crossover
Edit there is no April 31, Japan is Evil and cuteness is dead

Last edited:

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
The Ranking of the Kings 19
Kage used manipulate emotion!
...it wasn't very effective.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Oct 25, 2017
Ya Boy Kongming! - 1

Was mostly only expecting over-the-top comedy given the premise, but it's actually just really wholesome.

It also looks much better than I expected and while the comedy isn't the entire focus most of it lands pretty well too. I'm definitely interested in seeing more.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Become Salayamn 9
mxI5BSY.jpg

This show is... fine? Like it keeps being fine, there is nothing it does badly but also nothing it does particularly well. It has occasionally some nice animations and direction, but at the end of the day I guess it's just really this, yet another sport anime to add to the pile that will be forgotten 5 seconds after it finishes airing.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Become Salayamn 9
mxI5BSY.jpg

This show is... fine? Like it keeps being fine, there is nothing it does badly but also nothing it does particularly well. It has occasionally some nice animations and direction, but at the end of the day I guess it's just really this, yet another sport anime to add to the pile that will be forgotten 5 seconds after it finishes airing.

But they are so hot, what more do we need? They are mature too.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ya Boy Kongming! 1
Great start. Looking forward to see where it goes, was fun to group watch it with some people despite the delay and technical issues(which I may have caused by accident. But got 5 other people watching)
Ya Boy Kongming! - 1

Was mostly only expecting over-the-top comedy given the premise, but it's actually just really wholesome.

It also looks much better than I expected and while the comedy isn't the entire focus most of it lands pretty well too. I'm definitely interested in seeing more.
Loved his reaction to modern tech

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
LotGH DNT S3-3

Alright. Cool. The OP is so weird. Like it feels like they have some unfinished shots in there lol. Nice use of the Interstellar black hole lol rofl

Status
Not open for further replies.